Thread: Ginger's Adventures...Friends, Neighbors, Frat Bros and Army Guys

Ginger's Adventures...Friends, Neighbors, Frat Bros and Army Guys

Hey Girls,

So the latest interesting events in the life of Ginger were a bit of a scare for me, but only temporarily and quite enjoyable.

Saturday I met up with a TG/GG couple I know for dinner and was great as always. She looks better and better as her transition continues and am so proud and happy for her. We will be arranging another get together for December and cannot wait to see them both again as they both are really awesome folks and it has been a pleasure getting to know them over the past year and think so much of them both!

Afterwards I came back home to change into more casual attire (jeans, Tshirt and flats vs dress, tights and boots) to meet up with my roomie and her friends at a bar. While I was changing I get a ring at the door...I throw on my shirt to finish changing into casual girl mode and answer my door. It's my neighbor and she wants to come in and talk to me....I invite her in and am clueless as to what for. Answering the door in drag isn't a big deal for me and could care less (unless my mom was at the door :O) as most of my neighbors have seen me coming and going as a girl and have talked to a few of them in the process and have even picked up mail from the front office as well. She was super friendly and did not want to come off as being too complaining but wanted to talk about a way to help with keeping my roomies dog quiet (she barks like hell when we leave and can be very annoying at times). She is understanding as she has a dog of her own and was super friendly and we worked out a plan for keeping the dog in check and exchanged numbers. Never a word about me being in drag as I am sure her bf had already told her (hey btw our new neighbor is a tranny hun!) since I had met him already as Ginger. Very cool girl and I think she will make a great neighbor.

After the neighbor meet and greet I head to a bar to meet my roomie and friends as they really wanted me to come out with them. I was reluctant of the bar as I didn't care for but came for their sake. As soon as I am walking in with them I see an old frat brother sitting at the bar (The Scary Part!)...I immediately do a 180 and leave! He would not have recognized me as a girl but the people I was with he knew some of them and well....yeah I would have been spotted if he came over and talked to them. I texted my roomie and told her why I had to leave. They all decided to leave and hang out at the apartment so we could all hang out together which was very nice of them and I didn't expect them to do. We drank and played dice and talked. Had a good time.

I got to know one of the guys pretty well. Big tough Army guy who didn't bat an eye or show one sign of weirdness towards me, seeing as he was the macho type, which was nice. We spent hours talking about cars, music and work after everyone had passed out for the night. Really cool guy. Funny thing is he was talking about steroids and a lot of guys getting gyno from it in the Army that he knows.....I was thinking in my head I am used to that result on the opposite end of the spectrum and the results are welcomed haha.

The next evening we all hung out again and grilled out. I was just a guy this time though. Me and the army guy picked up were we left off this time we probably spent 2 hours talking about nothing but metal bands and concerts. As a guy or girl it was the same exact treatment and respect which was really cool. I must say my roomie was very jealous as she has the hots for this guy and I had all of his attention most of the weekend. She told me today I can never be a girl around any guys she likes haha. She was joking as I don't think he was interested in me in that way, just interested in me as we share many of the same interests.

One thing I am still a bit awkward about is when hanging out with people who knew me as a guy first when I am a girl is the whole gender change/ name change/ identity thing. I still act the same as I do as a female or male. My personality is always the same regardless of the gender I am or who I am with. The only thing that changes is my voice and appearance. I am still not comfortable with changing my identity to people who knew me first as a guy as far as using my feminine voice or female name. They all still refer to me as George and I am fine with that and prefer it since they have always known me as that but eventually plan to change that to my female name once they are all use enough to my girl side. One issue I will have to figure out is being in public settings with them and what they refer to me as. I don't want bystanders to turn around and be like "What? Did they just call that chick George and He?...WTF" when out in public. I don't want to confuse them either going between two names and all and he and shes etc....I guess these are good problems right?

Another weekend to remember. Hope you enjoyed!

Ginger
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Wow what a great story Ginger. I love the parts where people treat you the same no matter how you're presenting. I think you've found a great place to live, work and play......

Thanks for sharing.....

Renne.....

You have awesome people around you. It might take time for them to get use to the change and they probably will slip up sometimes. Just be your self and I am sure everything will be fine.

Hi Ginger. You never know with those big, tough Army guys. Many of us have a softer side...femininity repressed and all that

Renne, Definitely a very great place to live!

Maya yes I know it will take time for all of that and expect it and slip ups don't bother me as long as they are trying to get it right.

Shibumi yes a lot of them do . We need to hang out and watch football or something again soon!

Aspiring Member
    Ginger, I'd say you seem to be surrounded by a truly wonderful group of friends who accept and support you, just a few less things to worry about. Have a great Thanksgiving...

Ginger:

What a great picture of what it can be like for us. I could close my eyes and imagine my hiking/poker buddies treating me the same, whether Rhonda or Ron shows up. You are blessed with great friends.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving,

Best,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ginger,

Sounds like a great group of guys and I have a similar situation in that most of my male friends have met Isha and have interacted with her and still continue to interact with boy me. I am fortunate in that should one slip up while in public and refer to me by my boy name, it works in both genders with the exception of how it is spelled (Marcel or Marcelle).

Hugs

Isha

Yes, you definitely have "first world" problem in the world of crossdressing! Your comfort level overall is remarkable (easy when you look that good!) and I bet in time, you'll be able to hang easier with those who knew you in boy mode. Thanks for sharing, Ginger!

Hi Ginger:

Wonderful story. You have some very special friends !!

Happy thanksgiving! hope the weather doesn't impact you too much.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Ginger, I always enjoy your adventures, I love the way your friend accept you, as the person you are. As always thanks for sharing, hugs girl

Nice experience Ginger...

I do think if you're fortunate with having accepting friends and the right environment that's a big support bonus for any sort of gender shifting - and younger generations are more accepting of anything that used to be perceived as 'alternative': now it can be perceived as just another option, whereas alternative was always a bit edgy in my youth...

Names must be tricky if ever you present as either and both to one set of acquaintances... I think I'd have to go the whole hog and choose something that would suit either... what's wrong with Georgie...? Or is that too close for comfort...

Thanks for sharing, Georgie... (just so you can feel what it's like... I'll stop now, Ginger..)

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

KATEY, Funny thing is that I have had a lot of people call me Georgie, Georgia, and even Georgina over the years as a guy. I dont fancy any of those names though. A lot of girls call me Georgie because they think its cute I guess and I have a real good friend he calls me Georgia a lot for som reason. It doesnt bother me though.

I only had a couple of friends who knew both genders and they were okay with it.
    I did keep both lives separate as much as I could.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Hey Ginger,

I've read your post a few times now seeking a little inspiration.... We have a farewell for one of the guys from work (currently a naval investigator) and the place will be full of military, federal police, a few of our secret squirrel types and my work crew... Most know about Donna, some have met her, all will now meet her as she has the invite in preference to boy me...

I expect plenty of confusion over name and pronoun mixed in with good humoured ribbing and good old Aussie piss taking... Hope my evening goes as successfully as yours..

In nervous anticipation....

Donna
    Call me Donna, please

So, Ginger, if I wanted to go out for the first time en femme here in Cary or in the area, where would you suggest I go? Remember, I'm 6'3+" barefooted so I'm going to be noticed just about anywhere.

Platinum Member
    Great story, Ginger. I'm not surprised that you move so smoothly between female and male presentations. It helps when you don't resort to extreme changes...or alter egos. I believe (or hope) that I'm basically the same person all the time too. And I should think that consistency will make it easier as you shift towards full time.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sounds like you have a great situation. I hope I get to a point like that some day.

Hi ginger. I always love to read your stories and you gave me something to think about, how confusing would it be to use two different names? My first thought for me personally is that it wouldn't be confusing at all, but I will think it over some more.
    do not label me for i am unique

Hi there Ginger, if it weren't for the fact that you have been so up front and honest I would swear that you were female and a very pretty one at that!!!!!! As far as you permanently changing identities and becoming the girl that you certainly are when the time is right for you to do all that you want to, you will!!!!!! It appears that you have a unfailing desire and a unbridled approuch to being who you really are.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"