Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Are You?

Who Are You?

Here's a question: When you dress, on average, are you more likely to feel like something out of the "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" or "My Fair Lady."

I know in my case, I sometimes look at the bi-product and go - EEK! But, more times than not, I feel like I'm floating on air!

Happy Thanksgiving all and I hope your "Dressing" is delicious no matter what holiday it is.

Always,

Ilsa

Ilsa that is funny you should say that, because I always start out feeling like My Fair Lady until I look in the mirror and think Rocky Horror

I don't feel any different, I have accept who I am after years of denying me , dress up or in drab, I am a girl, how love to go out dress, or out camping,
    Ilsa you have a great Thanksgiving, will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner all dressed up

i always feel great when i dress and sometimes i even think i look good...
    but i'm sure people see me as right out of the rocky horror pic show!
    but thats okay as long as it makes me feel good!
    i can be very harsh and critical of myself and sometimes i'm even my own
    worst enemy...
    paula

Banned Read only
    Isla,
    I've just found time to fully dress and get made up and did some pics for the picture gallery , it felt really good, I enjoyed it !
    When I took everything off and went back to drab was like " The Rocky Horror Picture Show !" again !!

Some days, its more about the feeling than anything else. I'm dressing for myself, and how I look is secondary because no one else will see me. I dont spend much time in front of the mirror primping.

On other days, I can spend an hour shaving, trimming, plucking, mousturizing, et cetera...and that's just on my face! It's all about taking my skills, and my appearance, to the next level.

Everybody finds their balance somewhere in the middle. Makeup feels more special when it's an occasional indulgence.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    i kinda feel like Plain Jane some days. but...at least
    it's "Jane" instead of some guy....lol!

lol!

Last edited by Anna H; 11-27-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Who am I? I am someone who is doing my best to look like a woman and act like a lady.
    Hugs, Carole

Frankly Ilsa, I'd be more likely to look like Tim Curry than Rex Harrison but I'm not sure that's quite what you meant...

Of course I feel like it's more something out of 'Barbarella' (And no - not the blind dude with wings!)

And this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsa View Post
    ... I sometimes look at the bi-product and go - EEK!
    Unintentional play on words or not but I thought was the best pun I've seen for a while...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Oh my, sweethearts...you should not be asking yourselves that question...because it's not yours to answer. ALSO, I FIND THIS THREAD OF ENOUGH CONCERN TO REQUEST THAT IT'D BE TAKEN DOWN, with the originator's approval. Or I request that an advisory be attached to this thread...

My argument:
    When you ask 'Who Am I?' You define yourself. When you label others it doesn't define them, but defines us (Truism? #1). Also, we are our own worst critics (Truism? #2) With respect to #1...you are both the transmitter and the receiver of (#2) incorrect, bias, negative (etc...all bad words!) information. If I want to know the real you, I'd be takin' with your friends, hmm. Don't do this to yourselves, and as I previously mentioned this question is not yours to answer...this should be answered by your loving friends.

As an example...we are going to discuss that cellulite upon my hips...yep, I'm 116lbs...I see that cellulite every morning in the mirror, sometimes I turn a certain way to see just how hideous it 'actually' is. Now, based upon all my posts...did the fact that cellulite could be on my hips every come into your mind while reading my posts? Nope...not relevant...do not fixate...we are human, we each have our flaws. Taking care & looking after your well-being is a for more productive venture.

Sins (Greek for: "Wrong way of Thinking")
    1. Attempting to define yourself (proper: Go ask a Friend)
    Last edited by Mia Brankovic; 11-28-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    WE are ALL children of The Universe...and YOU ALL have a right to be HERE
    Quotes, please see: Martin Luther King, Einstein, Aristotle, Plato, Deepak Chopra, Dalia Lama, Epicurus, chogyam Trungpa, tao te ching, The tao...to name a few.
    Paul Simon - "Under African Skies" & "I Know What I Know"
    Mia's 'One Rule' Rule: "My Life...My RULES!"
    NW-10

I'm not the "woman in red", I'm not "the girl next door" but if somewhere in the middle is what you're lookin' for, I'm "That kind of girl!"
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Why, I'll even test that rubber on the road.

A Challenge (until Nov 28th...I don't want this to go on indefinitely):

Anybody that Has been tracking me has my authority and approval to rewrite my Profile...or get together and do it jointly, or decided amongst yourselves (no matter)...I can guarantee that your profile will be a more accurate portrait of me, than mine...and how long have y'all known me, a day?
    WE are ALL children of The Universe...and YOU ALL have a right to be HERE
    Quotes, please see: Martin Luther King, Einstein, Aristotle, Plato, Deepak Chopra, Dalia Lama, Epicurus, chogyam Trungpa, tao te ching, The tao...to name a few.
    Paul Simon - "Under African Skies" & "I Know What I Know"
    Mia's 'One Rule' Rule: "My Life...My RULES!"
    NW-10

Silver Member
    Doris Day in That Touch of Mink.

Once I felt I looked like a blond Lisa Minnelli, that is an eek! factor in itself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I aspire to "My Fair Lady."

I'm often willing to settle for "Rocky Horror."

Some days, it's more like "The Walking Dead."

- Diane

I don't plan on leaving the house all dressed up until I'm at least approaching "My Fair Lady".
    I'm a girl when I feel like it

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a timely post, Ilsa! I'm preparing my version of Frank N Furter for a surprise party this Friday nite. The reason is, the surprisee performs that role in a nearby Rocky Horror commercial production!

Altho, I saw both My Fair Lady and Rocky well before I felt the urge to try on women's things, I DO remember that scene with the entire Rocky cast wearing fishnets and heels doing something for me back then!

However, I'm much more into the Audrey Hepburn look than Tim Curry's man in a dress.

IMG_1951 (4) (498x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't know if I can compare myself to Eliza Doolittle, but absolutely no to Rocky Horror. When I dress I just tend to be like most of the GGs I encounter, AVERAGE!
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Hi,

Dressing,....Hmmm......well my clothes are nice and quite lovely , that i can say, so no doubts there, though the clothes or garb i prefer to be in are of cause my Renaissance garb. two reasons . they are more about who i am not only as a female allso its about my background and family over 100 years ago . the clothes they wore ,

When i first made my clothes for our groups i wondered why was i so, feeling at home in them and belonged , till i found out some of my past i did not know till then how importaint it is to me, yes as a mistress - wench, Kueche frau = and chatelaine Lady of the Castle, well it opened some doors and made sense . yes i know what the meaning is about , and yes my outfit is in red - red skirt,

any way another 7 weeks and will be at our camp for a week with 250 others and every one is dressed in garb and taking a young lad of 20 to see what its like he,ll enjoy it .

i helped him with some clothes to wear 3 week s ago at another event for 3 days,

As to my looks or look i,m more comfortable in them than my day to day wear and i travel around in them quite a bit and over sea,s

Oh and by the way no makeup none at all , how would that go for some of you here, the thing is your seen for who you are, both in action, - doing things and how you look as who you are as a person , no hiding your face and who you are and live with it ,

the point is ,

I live as i am and how i look and im accepted for who i am . so whats really important ,

Acceptance or the illusion of who your not. even though we are all dressed in dress,s and or skirts of the time we all know each other and work together at close quarters , men and women ,

Who am i ,

ask my close friends and others, they can tell you because they know who i am as the person they have got to know over time ,over the last 16 years here in Waimate. and i,v worked for quite a few as well.

...noeleena...

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ilsa . . . hmmm . . . well I have good days and I have bad days. I have come to accept that I look nothing like a woman when dressed but I do try to present the best possible approximation. So I look in the mirror and sometime I see "Dr Frank-N-Furter" (which all things said is not too bad I suppose), sometimes I see Magenta (much better) and other times I see Riff Raff (EEK!!! ). However I would never see Aubrey Hepburn even if I were to live to be 1000 years old.

All this to say, I just accept who I am and try not to worry too much about how I look because I will always a be a guy in women's clothing, sporting make-up trying my best to blend.

Hugs

Isha

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    <<<<<< is goggling "My Fair Lady" Now.......kidding.....when I grow up I wouldnt mind Audrey.....she is still an IT girl after all these years.....but I still gotta finish my rebellious Joan Jett Bad Reputation phase first then I promise to grow up . And I did the rocky horror picture thing already ...LOL....diddnt we all in our own way? We all started somewhere...and all looked pretty awful in our fist nylons I'm sure it wasnt just me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that I'm a long long way from "Rocky". Take a look at my Flickr site and you tell me.

I think I'm more Anne Hathaway in "The Devil Wears Prada".
    Beginning as a shy average girl she grows, develops her fashion sense and becomes the butterfly.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I think I am finally getting the makeup down. The next step is to actually develop my own style that works for what I've got. I cringe at what I used to look like but the more I embrace who I am, the better things turn out.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Platinum Member
    Hi Ilsa, When I dress I always try to present as a proper lady.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!