Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a quick question

Just a quick question

Just curious...do you go out? How often, if so?

To keep it simple...
    1/ never
    2/ one to five times a year
    3/ six to twelve times a year
    4/ regularly as in more than twelve times a year and/or 24/7

When you do, if you do, is is a quick walk and/or drive alone, or is it with full interaction with the vanilla world?
    No judgement intended.
    Just interested in seeing how our numbers break down.

Hugs

Sammie
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

I never go out. I did several years back, it didn't provide any special thrill for me.

Probably in the 6-12 times range (partly because I average about one outing per month, and I don't usually get fully dressed during the summer when it's too hot (no wigs, makeup, breastforms)).
    I usually spend a few hours out, shopping, interacting with or at least in amongst the general public. (I almost always get at least one person in the general public asking me directions or something, and I do interact with sales clerks, shop people, waitstaff, and other service personnel when I'm out.)

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I go out as regularly as I can....more than 12 times a year...but not as much as I would like to. My issue is I ONLY work weekends..and most of my partners in crime are OFF weekends...so for me to hang out...I need to take off work...which sucks, but I do it at least once a month and only work 3 weekends out of the month ..( i know ..i work 6 days a month LOL )
    If I could only find a gal who can go out weeknights I would be out every week. Going out alone is boooooorrrriiiinnngggg and Thursday nights in New York are popping too....I am headed in next thursday if any ny gals wanna linky link.

When I do take off ...its either for a big cd event , to date my boy toy....or to go bar hopping and dancing....This thursday is a downtown bar crawl.
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 11-27-2014 at 11:53 PM. Reason: off

Hey Sami,

6-12 times a year, and

it depends upon how much time I have before I have to return home either back in male mode or to clean up before family comes home. If I have more than 3 hours , then I wil venture out in full interaction, but basically fit the venue to match the available time

About once a week on average, or 50+ times a year, split between CD events, hair and nail appointments (in vanilla locations, but with little exposure to the public), and among the masses for shopping or just running errands.

That's just fully-dressed outings, though -- even in drab mode, I usually wear heels, nails, earrings and some makeup.

- Diane

Never go out.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Just started out n the real world this year and it has been the vanilla world. I have been thinking of going to a club, what is the best night for GiGi's?

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    4/ Regularly, groceries, shopping, theatre, museums, concerts, ....um .... just about everything a gal does!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Never, with an asterisk: I had the opportunity to go out once, in a safe environment, and would do so again if I had the chance. Otherwise, being closeted keeps me dressing in private.

3 is my answer, but I'd argue that there is a missing distinction between "regularly" and "and/or 24/7" that is important. Maybe along the lines of 3-7 times per month and the "practically 24/7.

Silver Member
    #3, about 6-8 times a year

Like Carrie I went out lots of years ago, but haven't in a long time, but the urge is coming back now to venture out again. At one point I would meet up with fellow CDer's, but have not done that in a year or two. I guess I would be a 1 on your scale.
    Last edited by Amy Lynn3; 11-28-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Woman first, Trans second
    4, regularly.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Banned Read only
    Sammie,
    I'm probably 2, usually a drive somewhere , but I do walk the dog sometimes underdressed but no wig or make up, and then remove drab when safe but have been outed a few times !

Definitely a four with partial interaction.
    I do choose my moments.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A few times. Always to a gay bar with a drag show.

4. I am out everywhere except work. I interact with the regular world all of the time. It is possible!
    Suzanne

Daniella Argento
    So far in the 6 to 12 times a year range.
    Full interaction

1 for me, I'm still deep in the closet

1-2 times a week to mainstream venues to eat and drink and meet new people, and sometimes meet with much older people like Suzanne.

Thanks, girls! This is interesting.
    Oh, Heather....Saturday night for sure. But dont go to early. Come to the Adams Apple for drinks first. Gigis doesnt really get going till 1030 or 11.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sammie,

Well I would say I a squarely in the response 4 category and when I go out is full on interaction with the vanilla world.

Hugs

Isha

Hi,

I have 3 totaly different sets of clothes Renaissance and that involves being in public and going over sea,s dressed as a wench. i may try another outfit next trip ,

Edwardain, in public and well known around Waimate , and Oamaru and mix with the Victorian group . 1900,s

Of cause to morrow Saturday 29 th. in uniform for our detail with our two Brass bands about 3 hours of ,in the morning,

Then to morrow night, Scottish soc meeting not got my Tartan as yet though do dress in Stewart tartan so when i do i,ll be dressed fully in that , other than that just my normal clothes, skirts and top,s ,

How many times a year.....dressed in those clothes oh dear about 40 times during the year at different do,s meetings and Band detail ,

...noeleena...

Never. Being outed would make life more complicated, and never in a good way. My life is complicated enough, thank you.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.