Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good ole fashioned family hate . . . .

Platinum Member
    Sorry that you had to be subjected momentarily at least to his bigotry. Fortunately, you can delete his words from the screen and omit him from your new life as well.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Anne, I am truly sorry that you had to endure that diatribe, but your response and the way that you shared this with us shows what great progress you have made within yourself.

The Anne of a short while ago would have been devastated and begun doubting herself, maybe even made some promises that she knew would be overly tough on her. This Anne responds in a much different way. You are a strong woman, rightly confidant about who you are.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    It has always been hard for me to understand why people can be so hurtful and hateful, at least the ones that should care about you. My youngest daughter has been that way with me.
    Dana Ryan

you are such an inspiration to me since joining here.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Take Jeff's email and place it in the trash can on your computer. Then take a screen shot and send it to him. Then send him a address for a counsellor because that man is hiding something himself.

Sorry to hear of your pain some of my family is the same way so preserve for the greater good I stay somewhat androgonous so I can have my peace and preserve the familys peace ,but society has since it's inception always trashed or maligned and even killed what it does not understand . Don't give these people the satisfaction you and ony you own you (wish I could always practice what I preach) someday hopefully the light will come on to the "jeffs" of this world . Now to the forward march and never look back
    hugs phylis anne

Resist
    Unfortunately, because transition is so misunderstood in our culture it can trigger extreme reactions like your cousin's. Some people see it as a dangerous challenge to their belief system of how the world is supposed to work. I know it's incredibly hurtful but you are best to excise people like this from your life and from your thoughts. You need to leave this crap behind as it occurs otherwise it will just pile up and bury you. Instead, focus on yourself and what and who is really important to you.

Anne,
    Sorry you had to hear that from someone you once looked up to, but that boy needs some help. A simple good-bye would have sufficed, but to spit out the vitriol he did, there’s something more at play. Frustration with his life, jealously of you having found happiness, who knows? You have made an incredible transition and come out an incredible woman. You ARE an inspiration to many of us here.

What comes to mind reading his words though are, me thinks ye doth protest too loudly. His male insecurity is showing. May I suggest a read Anne Vitale’s paper on “The Gender Variant Phenomenon – A Developmental Review” Early Adulthood Stage. It describes how the gender struggling male may adopt the view that women are less than men. They use sexism as a cover of their desire to be a woman and must continually feed that hated lest they succumb to their desire to be a woman.

Love and Hugs Anne,
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

Cousin Jeff is a right arse. His diatribe says a lot about his issues and nothing about you. Sounds like his wife is about the same also. I would say he has shown his true colours and is not worth thinking about ever again. A low-life if there ever was one.
    Be proud of what you have done. You are a stronger and more courageous individual than he will ever be.

Oh, believe me, I cut family ties with him and haven't looked back since. Nor will I. In fact, who is this Jeff douchetard I was talking about anyways?

Anne I'm so sorry for all ignorant shits in all of our life's that we have to encounter in or journeys! I know it's easy to way it's their lose but it still hurts. It is their lose and that's the important thing to remember. I hope the people closest to you can be supportive.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!