Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: illusion

illusion

after years of thinking this thru,crossdressing is just an illusion,no matter what we do where all still male , female preataion is just posing,its just smoke and mirrors. the real you is male, and for about 90 percent we are much better looking as males. im not saying it is not fun because it is, but then a again i have always liked to shake things up,mebbe because ive been pressing the evolope since my hippie days in 60s,i like to goof on people. hugs lynda

You missed out two words: "for me"!
    Last edited by Katey888; 11-30-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling after originator comment

I see it like an island in the sun, I am only there for a short time and love every minute while there. When I leave I miss it and can't wait to go back.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lynda,

To be honest I don't see my femme self as an illusion. My core identity is and always be "male" and he remains somewhat intact when I am Isha. Specifically, my likes, wants, dreams and personality is still male me. Isha is one of many identities I present to the world and nobody will ever mistake her for being a woman but, I am fine with that. However, that does not make her any less real than my several male identities which I present to the world (sporty guy, military guy, husband, brother, father).

Hugs

Isha

I do not think of it as an illusion. You wear what you wear, feel however you feel.

Hey Lynda

It's what ever you want it to be or mean to you, I guess
    Naturally there is a great deal of smoke and mirrors and illusion with cross-dressing...
    Main thing is your happy and you have fun

KD

If there were only a way to utilize what illusionists do on stage… There are some CDs that don't do much to create an illusion, but are still very passable. Getting the makeup right is the hardest IMHO.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Perhaps as a partial mirror of what Isha wrote, my core identity seems to be female, but with an overwhelming collection of male personality traits, and in a male body. There was never enough to justify changing the body to match the gender within, as I can easily live out my life just as comfortably as a male as I could have if I had been female. Learning just how much some TS people suffer with the mismatch, I feel lucky that I don't go through the torment that they do before they get to transition.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi, Lynda,

Theres another way of looking at this and maybe you,v not looked at this side, try this some time . our two groups dress in 1900 to 1914 Edwardian , and renaissance 1400 to 1700 , men and women and some children , those of us who are women dont see it as an illusion in fact we reinact those times in all we do and the men do as well .

How would you relate to this none of us with in our groups are being other than who we are ,

Now heres a twist there are a few who are resurching some who lived in those times and are taking on the personer of the people,

Also here i know many men do dress in a way thats very convincing and would be passed off as women . in fact far better than i.

Oh the hippy days hmmm yes okay . colour and being free maybe too free in some ways, ...still.

...noeleena...

Hi Lynda:

For me, Erin is my core, who I am. I do. I don't embrace my male physicality at all. So not smoke and mirrors for me but a representation of who I really am.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I'd agree that crossdressing is about creating an illusion, principally to ourselves. But I think it's too simplistic to say "the real you is male".

I believe that anybody's 'real you' is composed of as many pieces as a jigsaw, and life is about trying to fit all the pieces together before the big guy slams the lid back on the box. Some men are part woman; some women are part man. If it's all so black and white, how do you explain the nipples on a man's chest, or the compulsion that many men feel to dress as a woman? How do you explain homosexuality?

first i would like to say ,i really like this forum and the peple on it. you make me feel like im part of something.erin if your core is female then you are female and your right its not smoke and mirrors.bless you,but i still say for a lot of peple on this forum ,i believe it is pretend, like every other face we put on .its the grand illusion. were not stuck being women . we can go back and forth as we please and play when we want to at it. we dont have to take lower wages and all the other bull..... women have to take. and one more thing excuse my spelling i went thru the newark up and out system of schooling . hugs lynda

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I accept the fact that I am a dude who happens to like female clothing and makeup...and that it is ok. Some people like to dress up in furry costumes, or cosplay as their favorite anime or sci fi character...I am a guy who happens to like girly things ..I'm not trying to pretend..I am what I am...this attitude keeps it fun without overthinking, or trying to be something I am not...I get to just be me.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Ditto to what Adriana posted. Enough said.

Banned Read only
    I know I am a male. I know I have no desire to physically become a female. However, there is something in my being that calls me to emulate a woman. Yes, if you mean wearing clothes is an method to appear as a woman and hide the male chromosomes' effect upon the physical body you're correct. Underneath my dress, undergarments, heels and hosiery the doctor will find a penis and testicles. Probe my mind and you'll find a spaghetti bowl or maleness and femaleness.

iam not saying any of us are phony,and yes i am girly some times and thats who i am too. im just saying if you wear foarms , hip pads , wigs make up waist cincher your creating an illution ,and that cding is about something were really not and that is smoke and mirrors. i was taking to gg and she said she can tell cds because there more girly and dress better then most girls she knows. no offence ment here .i just think about these things . and glad i have you folks to use as a sounding board hugs all my love lynda

Ahh, but for me, my male self is the illusion. I tend to over-compensate on the male spectrum, and testosterone drips from my pores. Its only when i become Clair that i feel comfortable enough to express my softer emotions. I think that it comes from growing up with the lesson that men are tough and don't show emotions like women do. The true illusion is that we are separated by gender. I now understand that and am working on blending my two halves into a functional whole.

I to am a guy who enjoys the wearing of female apparel. There is no illusion about it. I am who I am and am Requal when Requal. I know the difference and really enjoy every minute of Requal time.

Quote Originally Posted by lynda View Post
    iam not saying any of us are phony,and yes i am girly some times and thats who i am too. im just saying if you wear foarms , hip pads , wigs make up waist cincher your creating an illution ,and that cding is about something were really not and that is smoke and mirrors. i was taking to gg and she said she can tell cds because there more girly and dress better then most girls she knows. no offence ment here .i just think about these things . and glad i have you folks to use as a sounding board hugs all my love lynda
    doesn't make up and bras and heels also create an illusion? Body shaving? Women alter their appearance every day. Men do as well with the styles they wear. Perhas not as much, but it still happens.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    doesn't make up and bras and heels also create an illusion? Body shaving? Women alter their appearance every day. Men do as well with the styles they wear. Perhas not as much, but it still happens.
    LOL im reminded of Chris Rock's standup, that women lie all the time, You get your hair permed, your hair don't look like that. You do your make-up, you don't look like that!

Perhaps an illusion - but perhaps really just gender non-conforming. I no longer believe in the gender binary and i feel like I have a mixture of both genders operating within me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    While many here will be upset by your post, Lynda? I believe u described me to a "T"! Except for one thing: If u think my 70 year old man looks better than this? You're the one in denial!

7897.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Lynda,
    The illusion we live is copied from GGs ! They dress up and makeup sometimes to create an illusion, as Cders we embrace that and try to enjoy what we think they have ! Most of the time we go OTT to totally lose our maleness because it does more for us than it probably does a woman !
    I'm not sure I agree with you on looking better as a male, the guy looking back in the mirror needing a shave or the the girl made up with her hair brushed , No Contest !!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    No question about it nothing for me will ever convince me Im not a man and to a point it is an illusion and I do tend to be a bit different when fully or even partially dressed but I know my real self is male.
    I think that's what makes it difficult for anyone who doesn't have this part of themselves so hard to understand.
    It's like why can't you just be you.

Stacy
    Lynda, I agree that it is just an illusion, but I feel I look better as Stacy than I ever do as my male persona so I prefer the illusion sometimes. Plus I try to emulate the GGs in my town. I try not to overdo it, but we do tend to go overboard sometimes.