Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much does this all cost?

Kandi,
    I'm a very frugal person, usually buying from thrift stores & Goodwill. I spend less than $50 a month on this "hobby".
    After buying & purging several times over the decades, My advice would be to put your money into a great wig & makeup.

The next wig that I would love to have is about $400, which is a lot for me.

I have been able to find reasonable clothes from Goodwill.
    Friday I bought 8 tops there for $37. Got them home & 5 of the 8 fit so I will be returning the other 3.

Hope that helps, Hugs, Connie Marie

PS, going out is extra - gas, dinner, cover charges, hotels, drinks....
    Last edited by Connie.Marie; 12-07-2014 at 11:33 PM.
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Bottom line.... after food and shelter, its human nature to spend money on what important to us.

Yeah, I probably spend too much on bras, panties, slips, dresses, etc but it makes me happy.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 12-08-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Kandi, You made me stop and think, I never have really stop and thought about it. But in clothing I have about a thousand tied up, but the big coast is make up and a good wig. One big thing is that when I get it in my head to go shopping there is no stopping until I have found what I really like. The one thing I shop for is a bra ( I don't need any more) and when I find one that I like I will try it on to see if it fits. It is really fun to see the look on the SA face when I take 3 or 4 bra in the dressing room.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I have a bridal gown collection that contains at least 25 new or gently used dresses. I've filled 2 closets and a clothing rack with short dresses, costuming, corsetry, and lingerie. I'm quite invested.

My question is how much do you spend on our little hobby here annually?

I have never taken the time to actually keep track how much I am spending. I can tell you though that it isn't cheap and I am all about buying things cheap as I don't leave the house often. If I did I can imagine how much more everything would cost as "better" this and that would be needed.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Between $100 and $200 a month, year in and year out. I do a lot of thrift shopping but once or twice a year will splurge on a pretty new dress, $100 to $150, like i did last month at Tatyana. $95 last week on bras and panties at Hanes-Playtex-Bali outlet, but that's maybe 2x a year. Got my eye on a new wig, my favorite old one is becoming ratty.. $120. Not so much on makeup, I don't wear a lot of it and my wife already has plenty of little bottles and tubes I can play with. Haven't bought forms or corsets for many a year, form last a long time and I almost never wear a corset any more.

But also, to maintain domestic harmony, the same amount or more on my wife's wardrobe. And almost nothing on guy clothes. My new winter coat cost $2 at a rummage sale. Maybe once a year, a new pair of men's shoes, and every few years a new blazer. Which I almost never wear but the princess requires that the man be as presentable as the girl.

That said, it is a lot cheaper than a boat, an airplane, a hot car, a motorcycle. But I also have a woodworking hobby and can spend as much on that as I do on clothes. But when money is tight, new clothes beat new tools every time.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Do you need designer boots when only you can see them?
    Oh god yes. Yes, yes, yes.

Well, if you can space things out you can piece a outfit together in about 2 months without raising any questions. I've done it in the past, $10 here, $20 here. Hit the clearance racks, the 5&10 stores, add a extra item to the grocery list from the Fem isle. Now when it comes to wigs, and forms it's harder to do without raising a flag. So it really is up to you, you can spend about 100 a month, all the way to the moon and back if your not careful. I think it really comes down to control, there lies the key.

Joan

Some months I don't spend a dime, other times It might be a hundred here and a hundred there. It all depends on the Pink fog, and how much spare cash I have at the end of the month.
    I've dressed and collected clothes for years, and I never throw anything out unless it is not fit to be worn. So I have at least three wardrobes, by size, two packed away, and one size I'm wearing now. I have a chest of drawers full, and a small closet full of the stuff I can wear, and bags of to big and to small stuffed all around the house. Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do with some of the stuff in my closet, Christmas is coming and it is already too full.
    You can spend as much as you want to, or as little, after all even real GG's come in all kinds of financial situations, they shop Wall-marts just as much as Sears, or Macy's and I've seen plenty of them shopping in Thrift stores. There just is no rules to it, or guide lines, it's just too individual to the person and their circumstance.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.