Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How many CDs are left-handed?

I'm profoundly left-handed. A wee example: I couldn't use a can opener correctly until mid-adulthood. Scissors and skill saws still remain a daunting challenge. With the saw, the guard is on the wrong side for me.

There was a study a few years ago that stated left-handers had a shorter life span. Why? Accidents due to a right-handed environment.
    Last edited by alicia45; 12-26-2014 at 05:32 PM.

I was left handed , an then went to a Catholic school, I am both now which I think now is an advantage..

Yet another lefty here.
    Michelle

I'm a lefty. Never thought if there is a correlation between being a lefty and my feminine side.

Predominantly right-handed, though as a teenager I taught myself to do many things left-handed, despite my dad always asking, "Why?" LOL

Still write, play guitar and golf righty. But when it comes to hockey I shoot left, swing a baseball bat lefty, can also throw lefty (not good enough to pitch though). Kicking a soccer ball or football I'm definitely left-foot dominant.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Proud lefty here! I have a lifetime of smudged ink on my pinky to prove it.

I am also left handed!

I thought i was a total righty, including baseball batting, but after high school, i started hitting rocks batting left handed, and soon, realized i was far better at softball and baseball hitting left handed!. I wonder if it had anything to do with being a switch dresser, as i was a switch hitter!

There was a study done and it did seem to indicate a weak correlation of the incidence of left handedness or ambidextrousness in MTF transgender individuals. Most of the studies that looked at this kind of thing (including the famous length of ring finger studies) were done before we had nice high res functional MRI studies of brain function which give more direct evidence of brain function differences in transgender individuals.

I went though all these posts and here is the count so far...

Left Handed 41
    Right Handed 21
    Ambidextrous 16
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page

Add another leftie to the count

Lefty here

I'm Left Handed ....

I am right handed for writing I eat left handed which caused hell when growing up and eating fish, the knife upside down. As mentioned I write whith my right hand, also have bbad hand writing. The strange thing is using and sort of tool with either hand is no problem. Am dylexsic as well so can't spell to save my life, always thought my bad hand writing was to mask my bad spelling. As now I'm 48 can't give a s..t, and being abel to use tools with either hand is very "handy"
    "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam," : Popeye

OK, I'm getting a little creeped out. I, too, am a southpaw. However, I play guitar in the orthodox fashion--regular stringing, right picking, left fretting.

I will say that one thing I like is that you can use either hand to apply makeup without smearing ink/lead on it.

I am 110% right handed.

- Diane

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I am left handed. I had a grandmother who was left handed and when I was young gave me scissor made for someone lefthanded. When I was in about third grade I think a teacher started trying to force me to use my right hand to do everything with. I guess I came home really upset one day because of this and my mom went to the school and raised cain over it. That eneded all that.

I am pretty much ambidextrous nad have been for a long time. I think people who are naturally left handed, because we live in a right handed world are forced to be at least somewhat ambidextrous.

I see a lot of mention of guitar playing and that as left handers. I to played guitar upside down at first. The later on switched. I don't play anymore, I almost lost a finger on my left hand and after that I couldn't feel the strings anymore with that finger so I gave it up.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I was born a lefty. A few things I do left handed (write, throw a ball, scissors etc) but most things I do with both... mouse, tools, etc.... Never thought of it as strange or awkward as in my younger school class there were quite a few lefty's. Never thought of percentages for things like dressing....

Another lefty