Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many CDs are left-handed?

I am right handed, but played hockey and gold left handed.

Ambigendrous is ambidextrous!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I am left handed. I write left handed, golfed right handed (tried left handed and couldn't do it. ) swing a hammer left handed- I can't hit the nail square right handed. I use a fork left handed. some things I can do with both hands and some things only left handed. My handwriting is atrocious. On the upside I can make out other peoples lousy handwriting.

left handed

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    "Hello, my name is Paula, I'm a crossdresser and a rightie..."

Heavily biased to the right... right footed, right handed writing, picking things up etc, right handed and right eye dominant when using a DSLR. I used to play the piano, and I currently touch type, both of which require equal dexterity from the right and left, but those are my exceptions and not the rule. Oh yeah, I can only do the Vulcan "Live Long and Prosper" salute with my right hand as well!
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 12-12-2014 at 02:13 AM. Reason: comment removed
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

I'm strongly left handed, although somethings you just need to learn to do either way. My daughter is mostly left handed by does somethings with right. Both my dads parents were left handed but none of him or his sisters are.

Right handed

I to was born left handed and then trained and told that left hand is wrong, but I seem to be able to do almost everything with both. You should see the look on people's face when I start hammering a nail with my right hand and then switch over to my left.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm told that I, also, was left-handed at birth, but was discouraged from being left handed. The marvelous part of that is that we found Tina naturally using her left hand almost exclusively. It wasn't something we thought about, but it seems my femme self reverts to being left-handed, whereas my male self is still right handed for the most part.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    A lefty who is also very ambidextrous. I have worked in the trades and have found that the trades have a very high precentage who were also leftys. My dad was a lefty also, along with a sister.
    I had the opportunity to be a part of a left handed study many years ago. It was being done by a Psychiatrist, it was a very interesting experience. This makes me wonder if anything was ever posted on line, the testing was done in the days before the internet as we know it today.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Right-handed

except in the mirror.

I taught myself to throw, write and play ping-pong etc left-handed, but just for variety. I can write cursively left-handed forward, backward, upside-down, and upside-down and backward, which last, when the writing is turned upside-down, looks like normal forward right-side-up writing, almost. I can do the Vulcan sign left-handed.

Who's processing this data? (besides the NSA?)
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I am right handed, with a touch of "ambidextroucity" as well. I play billiards left handed, as well as archery.
    Turning wrenches on vehicles, the situation will always come up that you need to work left handed.
    It just becomes second nature.
    HMMMM??? Nature?
    Go figure!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Left hand, heavily trained and conditioned to be right hand resulting in being very ambidextrous in and with most things.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Another lefty here.

I can not even write my initials with my right hand.

A strange thing is, playing a regular right handed guitar is the most natural thing for me and I can't imagine how to play a left handed one .
    What Hendrix did is beyond my comprehension as a lefty.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Gay men and gay women have a higher incidence of left handedness.
    Thanks- I didn't know that, but it chimes with my instinct about CDs.

So far about 55% who've replied are either LH, ambidextrous, or were born LH and trained to be RH- the national average for both male and female is 10-15%.

Either LH people respond to questions about left-handedness more than RH do, or something's going on-

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Nikkilovesdresses; 12-08-2014 at 03:41 AM.

Right handed but left eyed;
    One thing I have noticed is that either 80% of actors are left handed, or most films are processed mirror image; if you watch many westerns it will be obvious. Anyone here involved with films who can answer this?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-09-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Even though vague...it discusses a subject not allowed and can only lead to people violating rule
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Completely left handed in what amounts to a right handed world. Only about 10% of the world population are left handed. Even today I can easily put an earring in my left pierced ear, but have to ask my wife's help for the right ear!
    Last edited by Dorit; 12-08-2014 at 05:17 AM.

I'm a lefty, too...but like the other lefties, do a lot of things right handed as well. Also, there seems to be a number of musicians on board, myself included. I think that the 'different' qualities about us translate into other areas as well, like which handedness we are. That would account for more than the average number of cd'ers being left handed. Just my 3 cents...

I am natural leftie with the exception of what I've had to learn right handed
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-09-2014 at 11:36 AM.
    Where there is tea, there is hope.

Left Handed in everything.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    I'm mostly left-handed. I am ambidextrous when snowboarding and use scissors, bat and use a computer mouse right-handed.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

I'm left handed except for writing. The nuns probably beat the left handedness out of that.

All lefty here. A true southpaw!

I can do everything. right handed but write.

Has this got anything to do with obstetricians who can do mechanical work on cars.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.