Thread: Little things coming together

Little things coming together

Well today I had a few hours to dress so put on a long sleeved dress as the weather is turning colder. Not that I was going anywhere, just pottering around the house.

I’ve got a slight cold at present, no it’s not man flu, hence a slightly runny nose (is that too much info?). So I found myself grabbing a bit of kitchen tissue and doing what GG’s do, hid it away up my sleeve. Nothing earth shattering there you may say but it just struck me as being one of the myriad of little things that go to creating fem persona.

As an act it is so gender specific. I’ve never seen a male do it. It’s the little things, the individual pixels that make the bigger picture look complete.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

You are so right, it's all about the details. I find some little things I do like that, happen at times while presenting male, and it warms me inside, knowing it's just Tina peeking out!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

More we dress the more we become our self, it is the little thing, the more I walk in heels one foot in front of the other, I find my self walking that way all the time.

"Individual pixels that make the bigger picture look complete..."
    What a wonderful way to look at it

KD

I agree and love the part about the little pixels making the whole picture. I catch myself doing smaller things that are from the Jaylyn side also, but at my age it could just be the decrease in testosterone....

I still stick them down my bra, even when I'm not wearing one.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Now that you mention it, I've seen some women stashing a tissue that way, but never been so inclined. Interesting observation.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I know what you mean, I've begun to use hand cream and when applying it I do it the way I've seen so many women do it, more of a caressing action than a rubbing and wringing action, just one example of what your saying, funny how these things just come so naturally and take no thought in doing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't do a lot of fem stuff. Maybe closet dressers don't dress often enuff to develope new habits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I still stick them down my bra, even when I'm not wearing one.
    I don't wear bras, Bev, but I can relate! I shove keys, $$ change, and tissues down my cleavage when I'm out. They're not real, but they R functional. And, when your purse is back on the table and u have no pockets? What's a "girl" to do?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The only time I saw women do that was so many long years ago back in Catholic grade school where the nuns always seemed to have something up their sleeves, including dirty and damp handkerchiefs! Yuck!!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Helen,

I am going to stick out as an oddity as I have done that many times as a guy. Now, it could be because I grew up in an all female house that I picked up the behavior. But no dudes have called me on it so it can't be that off gender or perhaps they just chose to say nothing and were thinking . . . "very strange".

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by KittyD View Post
    "Individual pixels that make the bigger picture look complete..."
    What a wonderful way to look at it
    I'll take that as a complement Kitty, thanks.

Well I could have also gone old school I suppose: "Individual stitches in our tapestry portrait"

Isha,
    "Now, it could be because I grew up in an all female house that I picked up the behavior". That now prompts the question of just how much of our fem behavior is influenced by what we see as children within the home or family environment.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring Member
    I think all young kids, boys and girls, mimic mom to some extent. I'm in the thick of life with young kids now and mine, my friends, and my acquaintances kids are all little mini mommies. The older kids seem to have shed much of this and become their own person, maybe from being around more peers at school etc, or maybe the boys just shifted more toward Dad, while crossdressing boys felt comfortable on both sides or leaned more towards Mom's role?

Anyway, it's fascinating watching my kids grow. I had no idea how complicated and confusing it is becoming a grown human...I'm surprised any of us can function, lol.

So well said!

Little things like the way I wear a bath towel wrapped across my chest.

Back before the days of back packs, when i was in high school I puzzled why girls and boys carried THE SAME BOOK differently. Guys carry straight armed at their side, girls carried arms folded across their chest. Why a difference? Just gender i guess.....
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]