Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how many

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My hometown mostly but I have been dressed in many towns.

Gone to live my life
    I go out just about anywhere I can including my town and several others.

Hugs

Isha

I also do both and love it so much :-)

Hugs
    Henriette
    Love and hugs
    Henriette

Please visit my website to read more about me at http://henriette5.wix.com/mystory
    Or visit my Flickr pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/127846920@N04/ OR my Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/henriette.kristensen.357

I do.
    How often varies (a lot!) but in the past month, my SO has been out shopping with "her friend Mel" three times. All three have involved at least lunches and coffees.
    Without the SO, I've been shopping once, to a support group meeting once and once with a couple of other "girls" to a local pub.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Of course I go out dressed in my hometown. It's Vegas, Baby!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I'm not sure even the next town would be enough for me. As a foreigner in Japan I stick out like a sore thumb no matter where I am.

I have on rare occasions ventured out from my front door but not stayed local. I've ended up 10 -15 miles away before leaving the safety of the car. However there is the journey there and back and on one occasion while stopped at lights a friend pulled up behind me , recognized my plate and started flashing his lights. I managed to turn off before he had time to come along side and get a good look but it scared the #@$£ out of me.

Hence I now once or twice a year get as far away from home as I can and stay there for a few days to a week and get out and about with anonymity.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Absolutely no way am I going out dressed in my home town or within 50 miles of it! While the proverbial "blind man on a galloping horse" would probably not recognise Judith as being the 'male me' all dolled up, I'm far from convinced that I could fail to be recognised by someone who knows the male me and gets a good look at Judith - and around here there are just too many folks who know me!

I try to go out several times each month to a club in my home town, but so far only to that one gay nightclub, where I know the crowd is CD/TG friendly. I've only dressed once in another town, at an Anime convention, but that was with a full head mask and fur covered arms and hands on as part of my costume, so it doesn't quite count. I was female in body and clothing but no one could see my face or hands and arms because of the costume.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    Often to the nearby town (~15 miles away). Less often to "hometown" (~6 miles away)

I've gone out LATE at night quite a few times...until today.

Today, I ventured out into the daylight. I got a bite to eat through a drive-thru. Then I used a RedBox kiosk outside a local Walgreen's. The guy at the drive-thru was very professional.

I'm out all the time around K.C.MO. enjoy shopping and clubbing and shows my s.o. and I are going to the nutcracker play at her granddaughter's school Friday night. xoxoxo Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Silver Member
    Well, in my youth it was the town I lived in. Not many people knew me personally, but many ran into me at work and when out and about. My job caused me to move quite often. Back in the 50/60 people didn't expect a change in gender so never connected the two versions I presented in. Back then I dressed in full fem with dresses and full makeup. Today I'm out and while I don't wear dresses people seem to see me as the same person regardless of what I have on. I wear bras most of the time and it doesn't seem that anyone cares.

I go out quite often whether it's in my home town or the next city over, in fact I've been in several cities in my home state dressed en femme and it's never been a big deal. I've also been to cities in surrounding states with no problem whatsoever.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

For some time, I would travel about an hour from home to have an outing, go shopping, etc. More recently, I have started going out during my lunch break from work to places 20 minutes away from work. I found a consignment shop that is closer still. The owner of that shop recognized me and I recognized her, but we don't know from where. She has helped me find outfits that actually look great on my body and has really boosted my confidence. I post about all of my significant adventures on this forum. Perhaps you have already read them.

Junior Member ashleymcculloch90's Avatar
    For the first time I went out as Ashley late at night to introduce her to one of my best friends. It was about a 20 minute drive. I was very excited, but afraid as well. Planning on doing it again very soon.

going out dressed

I have been going out for a long time. I don't go shopping in my town. I usually change at a different location than my home. The other day I dressed at home and left the house in a long raincoat. I hadn't done my hair and makeup. I tried a new salon and had them do it. Once I was dressed and I saw that my brother was in front if me in his car. I pulled over and let him drive ahead. I know he would have recognized my car. Going out dressed is fun. You just have to be careful.

The next town? Hell, I go to the next state. I'm not getting caught.

I shop at a couple of large malls and go to the beach in my home area (1 million population). It is a bit nerve wracking to be on the lookout for people who might know me. Away from home is, somewhat, more relaxing. In truth, though, it I am never completely relaxed. I keep doing it, though, because it validates who I am.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I'm fulltime everywhere everyday.

Town of 2000, don't think so. Have done some driving and out and about. Makeover at rori's in Chicago and headed east checked in to hotel with so. Nobody batted an eye. If your worried, go to Vegas, see Amy and just go for a walk. In October, had makeover with Amy and had to go and pick up so and sister in law at PH, went in and out several times and nobody paid any attention. Can't wait to do it again. Dress at home once or twice a week and take a walk down the driveway, have to keep those heels in shape. Always careful.

Do both but I prefer holidays away to extend my personality.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am just out and about whether at home or not.

My hometown is a no-fly zone. Luckily, the rest of SoCal is open to me!

Quote Originally Posted by SusanMarie View Post
    I live in a large metropolitan city...easy to be anonymous...
    I used to think that, but as I go out more and more I seem to get recognized by people who have seen me elsewhere. Not that many 50ish women over 6' tall, so I stand out a bit. They're always friendly and they see Eryn, not my drab self, so I don't mind a bit.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Go out dressed as a woman? I have social obligations as a woman, including my support group meetings, committee meetings for the upcoming conference, and the occasional party.

I also routinely go to grocery stores and drugstores as a woman, and have been to shopping malls, department stores, Ulta (that was fun!), Lane Bryant (so was that!), bars and clubs. The last two times I've had my hair done, it was as a woman; it's an incredibly feminine experience, and one I highly recommend.

I don't worry about it being in "my town" or not; I just walk out to the car and go. It took me awhile to get to that point, but it's very liberating.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016