Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality destroys the fantasy. Dressed at work

Banned Read only

Reality destroys the fantasy. Dressed at work

Although my female coworkers had joked several times over the last year about dressing me up and not carrying it through, towards the end of my shift yesterday one of them approached me with a bag of her clothes and she and the other women had me dress for about a hour, make-up included.

It was great fun, but has taken away the fantasy of doing it.

Have you ever regretted living up to a dressing fantasy?

The way I see it you had a fantastic day. I predict the regret will be short lived. The fantasy may just be replaced or broadened. That's how these things seem to go. We invariably get sucked deeper into the vortex.

And to answer the question, any regrets I have had have never been connected to ending a fantasy by fulfilling it. Anticipation is part and parcel of pleasure. It always returns.
    Last edited by Sandra; 01-01-2015 at 02:13 PM. Reason: no need to post again you could have edited your previous post and added to that

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Welcome to MY world! Almost ALL of my dressing is "fantasy"!
    However, u won't hear ME complaining!

IMG_3647 (2) (640x573).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sounds like a good group to work with.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Next time dress for a whole shift. There's always the next step to fantasize about.

Yehp, it's not a fantasy any longer it's a memory and experience. Just like any FIRST it is and always will be what it WAS. Now you start on building onto it. I hope you luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Aspiring Member
    Are there any job openings there? Ha, ha.

Silver Member
    Can you share more details as to how this came to be? Also what type of work...? I think I'm envious!

Heathr:

I agree with Sara. We need the backstory that led up to this so that we can better understand it, and we certainly would like to know the type of business where this occurred. I can't in my wildest dreams imagine this ever happening to me, so you can consider yourself to be one lucky guy/gal!

Also, I agree that there should be a follow-on event, which you should carefully and subtly encourage.

So please, do tell more.

Best, Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Banned Read only
    You know, even if you act out a fantasy, you get to do it all over again...

Hi,

You may or have had a fantasy about dressing and having others dress you .to the full .

I was dressed by my Women Sunday school teachers in 1958 -9, age about 11, for our end of year social about 80 people came and my Mom to watch us perform our plays and acting we were dressed the full on girls was great , the mime was, = Sitting in the back seat having fun =.

Was it a fantasy for myself no not then or now . ,47 years later it became real life ,

...noeleena...

Platinum Member
    Honestly, I prefer reality over fantasy any day. I can't imagine how this all came about, but good for you. Perhaps you can look forward to another opportunity.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There some of those things I did and wished I would have enjoyed it more or took it a little further and not chicken out to what the full fantasy was. Last year we were going south for a vacation, and I always wanted to fly wearing panties and pantyhose. I finally got the courage and it was cold here so I decided to wear panties and black tights. I left my house with no male socks on, after all that was part of the fantasy., but once in line at the airport I remembered at times they make you take off your shoes when crossing costumes, so I chickened out not wanting to be seen in pantyhose feet. Even with my wife telling me that I was wearing tights that they look a little like male socks, I didn't do it, even knowing it would have been a thrill to walk across the airport floor in pantyhosed feet. Well I was right, they asked me to remove my shoes before going threw the scanner. It was great traveling wearing pantyhose, when we arrived there it was so hot and the tights were sticking to me like glue, it felt so great, my wife made a comment that I must have been dying of heat wearing those tights and she could even smell the material of the tights threw my jeans. When I got to the resort I felt as if I lived my fantasy but wished I would have taken it further, like not wearing socks and the thrill it would have been to have walked across that floor at the airport or maybe while sitting and waiting had taken my shoes off. Just little thrills. I am probably going to go south again this year and I would love to do it again, and maybe this time with a little more courage.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 01-02-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Banned Read only
    Heather,
    Some of us are wondering why your coworkers would want to dress you up unless they knew you were a CDer or it was an all female tease which they finally carried through !
    So the fantasy became reality maybe you didn't like the clothes they selected ? You still found it fun, maybe next time offer to do the full shift as a charity fund raiser !

I've never found living the fantasy a let down but wish I had the pictures to go with them all !!

Think about the friendship, You have two friends that accept you, were not making fun of you were helping you this could be your reality could turn into a girl night out. Reality can be better than fantasy

I would think an experience like that would intensify the fantasy rather than destroy it.I get excited just thinking about it.Being feminized by a GG has always been one of my favorite fantasies.

Reality Check
    The question is, are they aware that you are a crossdresser or were they just having fun with you? That's an important distinction.

Now for me, it wouldn't be any fun wearing women's clothes or makeup without the whole kit; wig, boobs and hip padding so I wouldn't have enjoyed your experience.

I'm not sure if this will come off sounding right but I think that a lot of dressing is "fantasy." Sure, there are those here who can and do successfully pull off dressing regularly. But I suspect that for many others, the fantasy is that everything fits, everything goes with everything else, our make-up is perfect and our presentation is 100% spot on. But I know from personal experience that really isn't the case. So, yes, I do think that in a lot of situations, living a fantasy isn't what it is cracked up to be.

Lacy PJs

Reality and fantasy collide, they may not be the same, but it sounds like it worked out great. I often expect one thing from my outings only to experience something different. Different can also be good and it allows you to modify and/or add to that fantasy.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    Can you share more details as to how this came to be? Also what type of work...? I think I'm envious!
    Was it dressed to embarrass or, dress to admire. How many more years till you retire?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sounds like a dream come true. Please let us know just what she gave you to wear and how the girls reacted to heathr
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    I'm not sure if this will come off sounding right but I think that a lot of dressing is "fantasy." Sure, there are those here who can and do successfully pull off dressing regularly. But I suspect that for many others, the fantasy is that everything fits, everything goes with everything else, our make-up is perfect and our presentation is 100% spot on. But I know from personal experience that really isn't the case. So, yes, I do think that in a lot of situations, living a fantasy isn't what it is cracked up to be.

Lacy PJs
    Could not agree more. Although I've barely scratched the surface of acting out some of my 1000's of fantasies, I can honestly say that a fair percentage of the ones I have realized were good, but not all that I imagined. Some, however, were better than imagined, but most didn't live up to the expectation.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Throughout my life I have encountered people who refuse to do things because it will mean giving up a fantasy. For example, many people want to write a book "someday." And it will be brilliant! It will astound the world! It will sell millions of copies, and you'll be rich and famous for ever more. But some people do write books. And once the book is written, it can only be what it is. No riches, no fame. The fantasy is gone.

I have a friend who has been writing "the great American novel" for years. I promised to buy a copy when it was published, but I doubt that I'll ever have to part with any money. I have other friends who have never finished their MS or PhD degrees, because the fantasize that their thesis or dissertation will be brilliant an make them famous.

My recommendation is to live out your fantasies, even if they don't live up to your expectations. (They never will.) I've written a book. It got published, but it didn't make me rich or famous. I've finished my MS and PhD degrees. Neither my thesis nor my dissertation made me famous. But at least I have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't waste my life day dreaming.

The same is true for my crossdressing. I've gone out dressed in public. I've come out to family and friends. On the whole, it was a very bland and ordinary experience. But I have the satisfaction of knowing I did it. And I'm proud of that.

No!
    Any fantasy that comes along and gives me enjoyment... Let it rock.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This is something I would never do. All it takes is an intolerant, and not necessarily immediate, supervisor to start collecting data on mistakes and miscues and take action on them as performance deficiencies. There would not be any recourse available, as the onus is on the dismissed to prove discrimination. Yes, I'm cynical.