I have not noticed many who are single, with no SO, or wife. I know that i am 60 and never married, low income, and no longer am looking to find one. My cats are enough company. But, it does seem like i am the town loner, and if i go out as Alice, would really be avoided here. I take it most CDers were married before dressing became a big thing in life. I am surprised so few without girlfriends or mates. I believe our culture, and pop culture pressures people to be in a relationship. This has been going on for many decades. It is sometimes best, not to be in an intimate relationship. Walking alone is not a bad thing, just lonely at times. "Love addiction", "relationship addiction", "romance addiction" are rampant, and the culture pushes it. I wanted to be married so very badly and madly, until about age 57. Then, i realized that a woman cannot make me happy, and may bring me massive misery. I had some women friends, mostly much older, but never clicked. Being an old single has some stigma yet, as well, as wearing womens' clothing. I sometimes feel life passed me by. My parents never wanted any of their kids to marry, too, so that crippled me socially some. People over 50 that never married, are rare, and all my siblings are over 60 and single too! Bizarre. Are any others older and never married, too. I did date a lot in my 30's, before CDing. We older singles are sometimes considered odd, even non CDers. But, i try to respect myself, anyway, in a couples world.