Thread: It is all good at the Hair Salon

It is all good at the Hair Salon

Had fun this morning...

I go to the hair salon as Fred every other month for color and trim of my bra strap-length hair.

Perhaps 1-2 times per year I go to the same hair salon as the first step of a Michelle Day for styling. This is usually followed up by getting my nails done, then dressing, then pro makeover. I often stop back in at the hair salon all dolled up, dress and high heels, for oohing and awwing. It is all good fun.

Everybody there is good with it and totally discrete. However, this morning while getting my color and trim, one of the younger stylists walks by and announces completely relaxed yet enthusiastically and certainly loud enough for all to hear "You going to a party tonight? We haven't seen you dressed up in a long time!"

I was tickled by it all :-) Hugs, Michelle

Platinum Member
    It's so nice to be out, open and comfortable with oneself. Remember way back when, when you couldn't imagine sharing this part of your life with a soul?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    It's all second nature for me now. Everyone at the salon knows Cheryl but I always go in drab. I get my hair cut short to make my wigs feel nice, and I always get my brows waxed. They've encouraged me to come dressed but red-faced me has yet to find the courage especially since I'd have to cross a busy street in a small town and in daylight.

Cheryl

I've logged more hair salon time than any woman I know other than my step-mom. Now, months into short hair, that is very regretfully a thing of my past. It was my absolute favorite thing. I've tried (still trying) to convince myself I like wigs, but still don't like them. Still do the brows and nails, but that's small consolation compared to the hair. Enjoy, relish, and enjoy some more. Some day it might come to an end. I never thought it would for me, but alas...

I used to attend one dresed as Beverley years ago.
    As long as the girls there cold tell others about me I could get it done for free.

Then I got my hair cut.....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I've found that it doesn't matter how I show up to have my hair cut. I'm treated the same way; which is nice. My current hairdresser is now working in a shop that has quite a few other stylists (about 10), so it has taken me a little more time to get comfortable around more people, I'm getting there.
    Dana Ryan