Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG I can't get out of my dress

OMG I can't get out of my dress

Had all day to dress up. Did the hole 9 yards nails makeup nice party and heels. Spend most of the day dress. Needed to clean up before going out with the neighbors tonight the wife out to her friends. So I go to take off my dress I can't 5 weeks ago I had surgery on my shoulder. So putting the dress on was easy put my bad arm in first then over my head. Trying take it I can't get my bad arm to move to get the dress off. Spend a half hour trying to get it off. I finally bend over almost touching my toes and was able to move the dress over my bad arm. Next time I'll wear something that hooks in front till my arm gets better.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Bet it was still worth it though!

Junior Member ashleymcculloch90's Avatar
    At least you did not have to cut it off. I have done that before. Could not get zipper to go back down... dress ran smaller than I thought and being I used all my saved secret money I was out of luck to buy something new. Lol funny now though.

zipper problem

Good story, Glenda. I hate when that happens. At Saugatuck last year I had to get someone at the bar to help my zip up my long burgundy sheath spaghetti straps dress with bad zipper. A few hours later at 2 am, none of my friends was around and I wanted to zip it down before heading across the parking lot to my motel room--uh oh. I asked someone I barely knew for help, but he gave up. Back in my room I tried to get it off over my head, success, but ended up breaking a shoulder strap. Lucky it came from Goodwill.

This week I had a difficult zipper while my wife was out for 90 minutes. I used a necklace as a chain and hooked the necklace into the zip to pull it up. To be safe I left it there while I took a few photos--and used the necklace chain to pull it down about 10 minutes before the wife was due to arrive home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That happened to me. My wife was out of town and had a party dress that she had not worn in a while. I was trying it on and the zipper got stuck and I could not reach back good enough the move the zipper. I had to call my brother to come over to help me get out of the dress so I would not ruin it. That was the day he found out I dressed. He kept it to himself. That was a while ago now my wife and I shop together we buy each other nice things.

This was a pull over your head dress. With my bad arm I couldn't get to a zipper in the back. Thought the pull over would work great.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I've had that happen on a couple of occasions while out trying dresses on at lunch. In those occasions, it would have unfortunately been more than a bit awkward to come out of the dressing room to ask for help in unzipping/removing the dress, because the size was _well_ smaller than what I should rightfully be wearing.

At least when I stopped in Omaha last week, the SA _knew_ full well that the dresses I was trying on were well below the size I should be wearing, and had given me full endorsement to do so. (Makes it less awkward when a size 22 person tries on a size 16 gown that is just that little bit shy of stretch. It fit - barely - but didn't have room for forms. That cleavage though......) Thankfully she was understanding and unzipped me without question, and also didn't question when I entered the store in drab and left en femme.

I used to have that happen when I wore my sister's dresses. They were a little too small and I found that my muscles tightened up when trying to take them off. Add sweat to the mix, fear of being caught, and sometimes I'd end up hearing the seam start to rip. Dresses are definitely designed for women's figures.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Yup, that one prom dress with the zipper in the back at the thrift store. Luckily I was there to help my sister ( my real GG sister) get the zipper down. This seems to be a common issue no matter your birth gender.

I thought I'd heard just about every imaginable crossdresser horror story ... but you've come up with another one. Thanks for sharing!

Eight shoulder dislocations and 2 surgeries. Yeap, it's always harder to get out of. I once had to put the bottom of a too tight(always hoping I can fit into 1 size smaller than reality dictates) dress into a door( closing the door on it) and then move backwards while the door held onto the dress.

Whoever said this is easy was wrong!!

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

My first thought was:

"Honey, you used too much double-sided tape!"

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Platinum Member
    Hi Glenda, O'yea been there and done that I was able to pull my forms out and bending
    over after what seamed like an eternity I was able to work it off without breaking anything.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Been there done that. The wife bought me a cute dress a couple of years ago, slipped in on and all was good. Getting it off was a different story, ripped it, then found out it had a side zipper (who knew). She repaired it for me and all was good, now I look for them.

I have probably destroyed about three nice dresses by being over ambitious.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh yes, I had the same problem with a new dress with a zipper back. I was able to use a wire hanger through the zipper and get out of it. Now I have put a shoe lace through it that I can grab when I wear it.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Banned Read only
    About a year ago, I bought a jumpsuit (Daisey Fuentes?) with a zipper in the back. I have arthritic elbows and shoulders, so reaching back and working the zipper is out of the question. I few months ago, I bought a roll of high tensile clear fishing line. I finally got around to trying it last week. So, I cut off about 3 1/2 ft and tied it to the zipper tab. The zipper extends 4"-5" below the waist. I could pull it up with some difficulty as the plastic zipper has a lot of drag. Not sure if soap or something would help the zipper. The plan for unzipping was to tie a length of line to each side adjacent to the zipper at the top. In theory, that you allow you to hold the material steady with one hand and pull the zipper down with the other. I haven't gotten around to this part yet.

However, as the jumpsuit has a high neckline, it's hard to do something with the line. Right now it just hangs down by my butt...

Been there not being able to get the dress off. One time and I could hear footsteps coming from the 2nd floor at three in the a.m., while down in my "man Cave" (if the wife only knew, lol) which was my usual private dress up time. Out of sheer fear of getting caught I literally ripped the dress off my body, twisted an ankle in my heels and crashed to the floor. it ended up being a false alarm but boy did I destroy that dress! AS I write and read this I realize how pathetic it sounds..a subject for another thread, lol.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I guess when u like tite things this is bound to happen!?

I learned my lesson one summer many years ago. With one of those satin, pull on over your head dresses? I was cool and dry pulling it on. But, warm and sweaty trying to get it off!

I got most of it pulled up over my head with my arms straight up in the air. Then, the dam thing stuck tite on my damp shoulders and back. I tried to calm and cool down without any luck. My arms were going numb when I decided the dress wouldn't fit anyway and ripped it to shreds getting it off!

Now, I only try on unstretchy, tite, pull overs in cool weather or at nite!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Glenda,
    Sun dresses are bad for getting stuck, as Ressie says getting hot and sticky doesn't help !

Sorry to repeat this one but I had to ask a male SA in a rather dubious shop to zip me up in a PVC dress !

Glenda, I know the feeling, I just had back surgery I have a back brace and you don't realize how far it is to your feet to put panty hose on.

I had one of my old bras to get the little hook caught in the material once and the it went thru the hook. I panicked at first then came to my senses that I could simply pull the bra around to the front and slip out of it. I threw it away as it was frayed in a few spots but it was like oh no I'm stuck in a bra. This was before I was married and a very much younger lad then. Lol the first thing we do is panic it seems. I bet getting any dress on and off after shoulder surgery would be a pain.

Reality Check
    It's a good thing you didn't have to get undressed in a hurry (someone coming in, fire, etc.) and it's a good thing it wasn't your wife's dress.

Had same issue while trying one of my wife's dresses got so nervous she was due home I ripped the zipper. Had to take to dress shop to be fixed next day very lucky the seamstress was very obliging for rush repair while I waited. She did look at me rather funny.Now I have been more careful when I do try something of my wife and not very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene Robertson View Post
    Getting it off was a different story, ripped it, then found out it had a side zipper (who knew).
    Oh my I have bought a nice black top once, tried it on like everything else, head first, arms and then you cover your tummy, pull the material down. Now here is the tricky part. It fits great but i cannot take it off... well I have eventually managed to take it off but few days later, i have realized tht there was a nice, cute black side zipper... so embarrassing gosh there are so many things i need to learn and understand ladies.