Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you cry watching movies?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do sometimes .

I've always been sensitive. I've never broken out bawling from a movie, but I frequently get moist eyes that I try to play off as something else.

I use to control and hide it, now just pass me a Kleenex.

I was watching a movie the other night that I hadn't seen before about a US Navy sailor who had been stranded when the US was leaving a Pacific island during WW2. He survived with the aid of locals and was able to use what he learned to help the USN retake the island. I don't know the movie's name, as I started watching after the credits were run. What got my attention was the lead character's name as it is the same as I use for my own business; the love interest was the daughter of one of the locals who were helping him. She was Asian with a petite and slender figure like my late SO. Then she started to sing, just something simple, and I broke down crying like a baby; you see, my love used to sing like that, but only when she was happy and content, so here I am begging a TV screen to stop singing, please stop singing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarina Curtis View Post
    I don't cry often but it's usually for the movies that show me the kind of father and/or teacher I want to be. Mr. Holland's Opus gets me every time.
    That movie has always puzzled me. Here's a composer who is forced by economic necessity to take a job teaching High School music, a job he claims to hate (incidentally the movie was filmed at the High School I attended; I was in the orchestra and also the All-State Orchestra while there). Nights and weekends, he does nothing but work on his composition, neglecting his family in the process, although they understand and support him.
    Finally, economics force him into retirement after many years of teaching; among his former students are many influential people, including the state governor. As a surprise and a token of their esteem, they decide to premiere their mentor's composition at his retirement ceremony. The curtain opens and he is handed a baton and the orchestra starts playing. After about 8 bars, I realize that this is one of the biggest pieces of unadulterated drek that I have ever heard!!!!! Bill Conte on pablum! What could they possibly have been thinking? Was there no one with an iota of musical taste at all running this fiasco? WTF??!!!!
    Last edited by donnalee; 12-27-2014 at 02:36 PM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I have only seen my husband cry a few times in general, but we recently watched the latest episode of Revenge, I won't say what happens incase someone hasn't seen it that wants too but I looked over and I swear I saw a single tear on his cheek but he swears up and down that he didn't cry lol Men and their egos!
    11/15/12 ride or die

Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    The curtain opens and he is handed a baton and the orchestra starts playing. After about 8 bars, I realize that this is one of the biggest pieces of unadulterated drek that I have ever heard!!!!! Bill Conte on pablum! What could they possibly have been thinking? Was there no one with an iota of musical taste at all running this fiasco? WTF??!!!!
    The moral of the story was: Don't quit your day job.

YES when i was younger it bothered me, but not anymore, love romantic comedies, and spent the Holliday season watching the Hallmark channel.

I will cry watching movies especially those with heavy emotional moments. Certain moments, events will just start the tears flowing.

Yes, quite often. I've been doing it since I first started watching movies. Some dramas can be real tear jerkers if not movies. The ones that do trigger crying can be referred back to when I'm feeling sad so I can cry and let it out, it feels like I just took a boulder off my back when I'm done.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Great question. Not only do I cry watching a tear jerker movie, but watching the news these days with all the violence and suffering going on, there are many times that I have to leave the room and throw water on my face so that no one knows of my tears. Does it have anything to do with the fact that we are girly inside as well as outside?
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Banned Read only
    I don't think that's it exactly. Humans, men and women, are both well capable of emotional responses to whatever. However, the thing for us is all the macho B/S that society tells us we must emulate in order to be a Real Man. What I think happens for us, as we allow our feminine personnas to see the light of day, is that the walls we put in place to keep our masculine personnas intact begin to crack. When that happens, we start to see more emotional responses to events and less of the stoic male responses.

Yes at times for me too. I still tear up each time I have watched the Bab-5 final, "Sleeping in Light".

Aspiring Member
    I just saw the new Annie and bawled like a baby through most of the last half hour or so of the flick.

Serendipity turns me into a puddle of tears and runny mascara. I hate that damn movie! It makes me laugh til I cry and then turns around and makes me cry til I laugh. I tearing up just thinking about it! GRRR! *wipes my eyes* Where's the flippin remote?? Well, crap. *gives in and wraps my blankie around my head and falls apart*
    ” I'm hell on heels, say what you will ”

I would agree with earlier comments that here in the UK real men aren't supposed to cry, so by perpetuating that BS we are forced to hide it away. I suspect it may be hormonal or something as I know I've become a real softy since I let Sophie into my life!

I am hypersensitive, I cry at fricking everything. It's really annoying at times.
    I am happy and feel free when I'm dressed like a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelley Anne View Post
    I am hypersensitive, I cry at fricking everything. It's really annoying at times.
    I'm with you Kelley. I cried watching the "Good Luck Charlie" Christmas episode with my daughter. Sheesh.