Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you cry watching movies?

Yes, I cry over nearly anything anymore. I was always taught boys/ men don't cry and I was as tough as a man was supposed to be, then I met my wife who loves the old tear jerker movies and started becoming more at ease with myself and now cry at the drop of a tissue.

Yes I cry a lot. Once my family caught me crying to Disney's spirit. Since then it has gotten even worse. Today I cry to almost anything that is a little sensitive. If it has anything to do with a female persona I really don't know. :-)

Hugs
    Henriette
    Love and hugs
    Henriette

Please visit my website to read more about me at http://henriette5.wix.com/mystory
    Or visit my Flickr pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/127846920@N04/ OR my Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/henriette.kristensen.357

Absolutely! I always have, ever since Bambi's mother was shot. If the film calls for it, if I don't react that way I sometimes feel cheated out of something.

Oh my...I've found myself crying even when iam reading . Ive always had this side,younger people would call me a little girl for crying . It's ok tho it just shows that i have deep feelings

All the time... sometimes for the very obvious chick flicks - 'Love Actually', where Colin Firth's character is proposing in his broken Portuguese... 'The Holiday' - when Jude Law reveals the other woman is his daughter.... also the passion of Gene Kranz in 'Apollo 13' when he tells his 'Tiger Team' that "Failure is not an option..." (Even though he never actually said it IRL... ) Films with animals get ya right there too! And then some odd movies that just strike something emotive in me... like when I was a teenager and saw 'Silent Running' for the first time, when the last trees and flora and fauna of a dying earth are saved from destruction... I can cry when reading books - rarely bodice rippers, I might add... And many other reasons... I think some of it is associated with getting older too...

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Read the following article. I know this is pop-culture and the statistics they use are questionable, but it gives you an idea that even at the popular AskMen.com, it is admitted that men do cry, enjoy girly drinks, watch chick-flicks, preen, etc.
    Questionable...? Hmmmm... Aren't these stats just the rogue CDers who also respond to surveys for men's magazines...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I do. It's another part of me that I embrace, I would rather be sensitive than insensitive...
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Banned Read only
    Not openly but yes I do...hey I'm a girl after all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather_Shirly View Post
    What really gets me is stories of self sacrifice, great accomplishment or great love(and we all know love has so many things wrapped up inside it).
    Not sure what it is, I try not to show it, but when alone some times I will cry for the simplest reason.
    Could be lack of human contact, as my SO has been out of town for an extended trip......
    Could be Old Age and hormone changes, could be realizing all the "Good Stuff" in life that I have missed out on...........
    Some times the tears are of joy, other times of depression and loneliness.
    Just seeing others expressing their emotions will at times bring me to tears.......

I tend to cry often without any warning or apparent trigger - PTSD! The only way I know to control it is to make myself sad on purpose. I listen to sad music or watch depressing movies and have a good cry. Then I'm good to go for a while. Does that make me girly? No, it just makes me a barking lunatic.

I don't cry often but it's usually for the movies that show me the kind of father and/or teacher I want to be. Mr. Holland's Opus gets me every time.

Always if the story gets to me. Which is always

I apologize for not reading all the responses, but you hit a nerve. I've cried at the end of Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life this week and many other seasonal oldies in the last week after the 40th or so time seeing them. It may be a girly thing, but many of us humans are sensitive. Are we sensitive folks more likely to be trans? I'll wait for the tabloids to tell us.

DeeDee

the only one that has make me cry is Graveyard Of The Fireflys

Saving Private Ryan comes to mind.
    Jon

I cry at almost anything that is sad or that makes one super happy. Movies, music, books, you name it.

Saving private ryan was the best ending, as I saw it, was my life worth the others to die for? Puts a lot into perspective. The judge, just came out and a lot of the character relationships hit close to home. Had to sit in theatre to compose myself a few minutes after it was over. Just cried reading On the day you were born to my son this afternoon at naptime. Have cried watching Oprah, espn, well almost anything that catches my emotion. Thankfully my wife has always realized that I am a deeply emotional person.

If the writer/authors have done an excellent job of developing meaningful characters with whom I come to care about I will ball without abandon. Doesn't matter what medium the story is in-books, movies tv shows- if all have a well written plot and fully developed characters I will become engrossed in the story and let my emotions go where the story takes them. Sometimes I find a good catharsis helps flush away some of the baggage I end up carrying around leaving me emotionally refreshed and ready for the opportunity to create new baggage.

Yes, but to be honest I've done that for a long time before I ever started CD activities. I was raised not to be ashamed of my emotions.

yes i get wrapped up in some movies that make me cry

I'm almost started crying at Love Actually last night, but it was getting late so I turned it off and got ready for bed.

I do my best not to in public, but when alone, let the tears fall where they may.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I'm half Polish and according to an uncle we cry at our own funerals. I'm famous in my family for crying watching movies and TV. When my kids were younger they would rent movies just to see if they could get me crying. "Terms of Endearment", "Steel Magnolias" and "The Notebook" are killers. And "Field of Dreams" the list is endeless. But I'm really easy, Hallmark commercials can get the tears flowing in a minute, literally.

Yes. Way too much...as my wife is much more stoic versus my emotional up and down personality. She rarely cries unless it's a really sad movie with kids involved. Me, on the other hand, cry at pretty much anything.

Field of Dreams...that part at the end when Shoeless Joe tells Ray Kinsella that it's HIS pain he's easing, and the 'Wanna have a catch?' line to his dad always gets me going.
    That movie about the two dogs and a cat (Homeward Bound)...when the older dog appears through the meadow, limping home...pass the tissues.
    and any other movie that has a sentimental moment.

My wife never fails to mention this trait whenever we have yet another deep discussion about my CDing. <smh>
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I am sentimental in general and definitely cry and am emotional during movies. Any close or touching relationship or special moments involving family can usually do it. And Hallmark Christmas movies too - my family often calls me a softie ...

I guess that crying is more normal on men than one could imagine, so the "boys don't cry" popular beloef is nothing but a myth! Anyway is so fun to read the replies on this thread! XD The last two movies that got me going in tears were "the rules of life" and "seeking a friend for the end of the world". Totally recommended for us weeping angels!