Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you cry watching movies?

Do you cry watching movies?

I think I've always been quite a sensitive soul. I always find myself welling up at those Hollywood movies that pull on the heart-strings. Up to now, I've always stopped myself or hid it from others as boys don't cry. Or at least they don't here in England (stiff upper lip and all that). So much so that my wife thinks I'm quite hard-nosed (if only she knew).

Last night I was getting teary watching Miracle on 34th Street for about the 10th time. For crying out loud, I'm a father of two in my forties!

Now, I've been thinking, do I cry at movies because of my inner femme self or is it just some other reason? What do you all think? Are those who cry at movies more likely to be cross dressers?

Now where's the tissues?

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    'Ties the season for weepeeness.

If you cry watching movies, it means the story got to you and meant something. Surely that's the best kind of movie....

Yes, old yeller come to mind, and many more

I only cry when there Re children or animals involved. That goes for cartoons as well.

Is it the femme me doing it? Doubt it as it started years ago before I came to grips with myself.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Aspiring Member
    I'm super sensitive. Hell I've welled up during episodes of Gunsmoke.

I am going to admit that yes.. I do cry when watching certain movies. The movies in question have to be where the main character is a military member and dies at some point of the movie (which most of the time its at the end of it). The only movies I can think of are Act of Valor and Gladiator, there are others but I can't seem to remember them.

Yes me too, it was Old Yeller and I was in second grade. I remember it well, I think it traumatized me for life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Platinum Member
    Oddly enough, the two that still get me are Jeremiah Johnson and A River Runs Through It. Robert Redford is the common denominator...once as actor the other as director and narrator. Ok, I admit, I have a gay crush on him to this day...but something evokes tears that has nothing to do with Redford the matinee idol.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I do sometimes, I'm pleased to say there is nothing wrong with showing your emotions sometimes, but I know exactly what you mean as I'm from the UK too and men aren't allowed to show emotions! if you do there must be something wrong with you!!

If you are old like me, you probably remember those AT&T commercials about the family being reunited. They probably played in the 70's. The first movie I remember getting weepie eyed seeing was ET. Stupid movie. I have cried at the end of several movies since.

I don't cry at movies but I do with books. Go figure. I don't think its a femme thing except in the way that we might accept that emotion more than a macho guy.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

I cry at movies, sometimes. Also sometimes cry listening to music, especially opera, but there's a lot of other music that gets to me too. I know my emotions have been manipulated and I get annoyed with myself sometimes for having bought into it. But we feel what we feel.
    Last edited by BarbDriscoll; 12-12-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Yeah, I don't think it's a femme thing either.
    But I do cry at movies, books, sappy commercials, news stories where justice and fairness or generosity are the main ingredient. I just don't try to hold it back and let the tears flow if they want to.

Silver Member
    I only cry when I have to pay so much to see a movie.

Movies?? Heck, I get teary eyed with commercials!!
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

I cry a lot with movies! Although my fave genre is sci-fi, I love taking my time to see one of those -as my mom says- "crying movies". I cry with music, poetry, even my nephew's laughter makes me cry of joy! But I don't think it's related to my femme side, it's just a thing of being sensitive
    Cheers!
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sarah, Now that I'm getting older I sometimes get a little misty eyed.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Smetimes, it depends on what it is.

But I have always been a crier. Heck I spent many a year before puperty bawling my eyes out over everything. My sister would tease me relentlessly about it. Eventually when puberty hit, I just became an angry -----. While working through that the water works came back! I have it all undr much more control now. So is it my fem side? I don't think of myself that way. Is it a more sterotypical female attribute of mine? Sure.

Yes if something strikes a chord, it can be very upsetting.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I do.

What really gets me is stories of self sacrifice, great accomplishment or great love(and we all know love has so many things wrapped up inside it).

Hell I cried at the last scene of Lost in Translation.

When I watch some movies I have a tear or two. !!
    Sarah Michelle Collins

Started HRT with Spirotone on 05/18/2013 an Estradiol Valerate Injections on 06/14/13 an Progesterone injections on 12/29/2014

I like to cry when I'm really happy. When sad too, but sadness often seems comforting somehow.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I was watching "Trans America" today and got a little weepy, I'm really bad..Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I cry in almost all emotional scenes that happen in a movie. More so than my SO. She makes fun of it every time. Has it got something to do with my female persona? I don't know. But I feel it shouldn't matter. If the scene touches me and I feel teary eyed then I cry