Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breasts - be careful what you wish for.

Rene L -

Breasts - be careful what you wish for.

I have fantasized for a long time about having breasts. That was in fantasies. Recently I was given a medication by my doctor. Among its side effects: impotence and gynecomastia. At first I thought it would be cool, but OMG - the nipple pain, discomfort, and the embarrassment of discussing it with my wife. I have discussed the effects with the doctor, I will likely be on this the rest of my life. At the same time I am losing some weight, and it isn't coming off my breasts.

I am now wearing a 46 sports bra daily. And judging by the feelings, they haven't stopped growing yet.

So, as the old saying goes, I have reminded myself "be careful what you wish for - you might get it.

girly girl
    The impotence thing is what has stopped me from fulfilling my own breast fantasy. If not for that I think the discomfort would be worth it for me.
    Just wondering, now that your fantasy has turned into reality, are you not able to get any satisfaction/pleasure out of having your very own breasts?

Rene L -
    Abby,
    Without going into details on the forum, suffice it to say the impotence is not 100% at this point. (If you feel you need to know more contact me privately.). Oh, I do find myself cupping my breasts from time to time when alone or lying in bed.

I will tell you though the nipple pain that seems to precede growth is almost unbearable. The first time it happened I fought back tears at times. That evening I sat in my chair, arms crossed with my palms pressing against my nipples. Pressure and warmth was the only partial relief I could find.

For me having my own breasts are really great. My wife is in ill health so being somewhat impotent is no consequence for me. Yes, there are growth pains but parts of my body have new feelings which I love. I am a C cup going onto D cup, and I wear bras when I go out. I started M2F HRT Sept. 2011.

Johanna Anna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Nutrition is far better than meds.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Rene,

Just take good care of yourself. I know all about side affects from medical treatments and surgeries. You will eventually learn to live with it. Good luck.

Lela,

Except when you need the meds.

Rene L -
    Lela, I certainly agree with you. My physician is treating a very specific type of neuralgia that is nearly debilitating. He is also treating moderate (possibly even severe) depression; at one point it was extremely severe but I couldn't bring myself to tell him the extent. I work in the healthcare field and know what would have happened.

Sorry, I digress. Back to the topic at hand: Lucky for me there is one medication that can be used for both. The side effects cause bittersweet emotions, though. If all could be treated with nutrition I would do it!

Thank you Allie. I am confident everything will be ok.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-16-2014 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar
    Oscar Wilde said, "there are only two tragedies in life; not getting what you want, and getting what you want."

Rene,

Having breasts or not is not the issue. The issue is how much we live in the past or the future without actually enjoying the present. Fantasies are often based either in past experiences or future hopes and they an be utterly unrealistic. It is easier to live in a fantasy world because a fantasy never hurts.

But the present is real, and what is real can cause harm.

I worry sometimes about my developing breast but quickly pull myself back to the present by telling myself to take it "one day at a time" when I realised my worries are all based in the future. In other words, I was living in the future.

Oscar Wilde was saying that people living too much in the past and the future, but never in the present. Hence, getting what you want and not getting what you want are both tragedies, because we are living in the past and the future respectively.

To those who worry about future, I can only advice to take it "one day at a time". Breasts or not, painful or not, embarrassing or not, lets worry about it when the time comes. Worrying about issues of the future does not solve them anyways, so why worry?

Yours,
    Sarah
    Last edited by sarahcsc; 12-16-2014 at 04:48 AM.
    "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me" - Ayn Rand

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My personal experience with breast growth pain is that it was never worse to me than "hitting my funny bone" would be, and that level only when my nipples got dinged by something. I welcome the ache when it comes, as a sign that mine are still growing. Or I would, as I haven't had it for some time.

Three things are perhaps relevant to add to this:
    1) I am in some degree of pain more often than not, due to spine / back / hip difficulties. So a bit of pain somewhere isn't important to me;
    2) I apparently have a higher pain tolerance than most people. I don't get the impression that my pain tolerance is anything special, more that people aren't as accustomed to it anymore.
    3) Breast and nipple pain is, to me, ahem, <blush>

Personally, I'm confused as to how you're losing weight and still growing breasts - that is not the norm!

Over the last year and a half I have lost weight and breast size. I used to be a 'B' cup but now I'm way down to a 'weak' A. I for one miss my breasts. I never took anything to enhance them outside of a few herbal supplements. I have been told that my body produces or has produced abnormal amounts of female hormones. I've been impotent for many years.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    It's only female puberty, you'll be fine. They stop growing after a certain (unfortunately short) point.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Thank you for the post.

Look at it this way...

If a pre-teen girl can take it, so can you.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

I too have medical induced breasts. Even though I have had pain and tenderness I would still opt for more.

What the medication, impotence is not a problem for me, PM me

I am already impotent. I was on Spironolactone for about 3 years due to a heart problem. I did have breast growth and did have the discomfort of the painful nipples, and an increased need to touch, play and feel them.

The Doctor took me off them, and the growth did not go away or diminish, so it is just one beneficial result!

As long as you can live with them, the discomfort will diminish.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It sounds like you are on some combination of Estrogen and an Androgen blocker, which would be great if you were transsexual and were planning to transition, but if this wasn't your intent, you should talk to your doctor. If it was your intention, then you should probably be discussing it in the transsexual forum where there are lots of women like you who have been through the whole process.

Assuming that these are the medications you are taking, I have good news, bad news, and good news.

First, the good news about your breasts is that the sensitivity is normal, and will eventually become more comfortable. Consider wearing a sports bra or camisole under your shirts, this will protect the sensitive nipples without putting the girls out on display. I wore a spandex camisole for a while, which discretely hid the growing breasts until the planned transition time at work. Eventually, you will probably need a bra. You may want to think about a legal name change as well if you actually want to transition.

The bad news, the impotence, the inability to get a male erection, is probably going to get worse, and you will probably also find that you are unable to ejaculate as well.

Now for the really good news. Your breasts will eventually become erogenous zones and with the right stimulation, you will find that you can have sexual pleasure in ways you hadn't considered before. You can orgasms more easily and can have multiple orgasms, but it will be harder to build to the intensity of a male orgasm. Still, you may find that you are satisfied even if you don't have a "belly whomper". Welcome to the world of female sexuality.

Another thing you should be aware of is that you may have trouble using a urinal, if you are still using it. Things shrink and the tissue that once went through the zipper may require a tug, and if that tissue collapses you will find it unpleasantly messy. It would be a good idea to sit from now on, if you aren't already doing so.

It does seem like something is a bit fishy though. Normally a doctor would be aware of these side effects and would not give them to a male because of that, or at least not without warning you in advance. If was not your intention to transition and the idea is not something you wish for, then you should talk to you doctor right away. If I didn't know better, I would think that someone was trying to orchestrate your transition without your knowledge, which would be highly illegal.

If you have always wanted to transition, you might want to find out if your wife is giving you a Christmas present? This combination of medications may be from another source. You may also want to check with an endocrinologist as well.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Quote Originally Posted by LelaK View Post
    Nutrition is far better than meds.
    As in getting boobs by getting fat? That was my experience. But after losing weight, some boob was still there. Now I'm just an old fat buy with boobs. And no one gives a crap. I'm just another eyesore on the beach.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Personally, I'm confused as to how you're losing weight and still growing breasts - that is not the norm!
    I am 20 pounds lighter than I was a year ago. I started off coming close to filling a B cup and I am delighted that my breasts have not decreased at all.

Two factors - I am on BP medication and all the females in my family have been large-breasted. Maybe it shows that my breasts are not just fat.

I am taking lisinopril per my doctors recommendation for high blood pressure. I read that it could cause Gynecomastia, but the odds are very low. I take it for my health, and have not seen any side effects at all other than what it is suppose to do, drop my blood pressure. I was kind of hoping for a little growth, but the important thing is it makes me more healthy, that's ok too.

http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/lisinopril/gynecomastia

I hope this the right place for this. Today I received my Jan. 2015 issue of "Allure". Page 78 has a great article about breast-lift techniques.

Reality Check
    If your breast growth is bothering you, talk to your doctor about an alternative treatment that won't cause breast growth. While many of us fantasize about having our own female breasts, this can be difficult to deal with in real life. The pool, the beach, warm weather and light shirts, etc.

The other down side to having your own breasts is that it makes it difficult to fit breast forms. If you're happy with your A or B cup that's fine but if you want something larger you need special forms to fit over your natural breasts.

I have ofter 'wished' that i would have some 'strange' thing happen in my body & the result would be breast growth! I can see why you say be careful what you ask for.

Happy Holidays