Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will you accept me?

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    BB, +1 on the welcome mat. Whether all of us agree with all of what you'll say doesn't matter. Some of us, agree or not, will get much out of your participation, and you well get much out of the forum. You're .. one of us (chanting) .. one of us .. one of us ..

I would love to accept you, welcome to the forum
    To each their own in my opinion
    Trisha Simone

Hi Bouncy,

You are very much welcome to the forum, and I for one, am glad you joined. You seem like a wonderful lady and I can't wait to learn about you and read your posts.

Karyn

Junior Member ashleymcculloch90's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb Weller View Post
    You're .. one of us (chanting) .. one of us .. one of us ..
    "His name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson........."

Hell-o Bouncy
    Everyone here is looking for some type of acceptance.
    How could anyone expect to be accepted by others and refuse
    to accept others themselves? What's that word???? Hypocritical?
    I see no problem with anyone that is doing their thing, their way.
    Of course we will have to check that darn rule book again!
    Welcome to the forum.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar
    Welcome aboard, Bouncy.

First, everyone has a [somewhat] different journey from everyone else. There is no right or wrong way to be yourself. If YOU accept yourself, everyone else should. For those who don't not to worry. You will fit in well here as long as you respect others and follow the rules.
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

BB,
    I'm looking forward to reading the reports of your adventures. It will be interesting to find out just how the muggles react to you.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Hi Bouncy

We're a pretty eclectic bunch here, so dive right in, speak your mind, and knock yourself out!

Cheers!
    Paula
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

Welcome to the jungle - we accept all who are accepting.

Bouncy, your introduction grabbed my attention, like many others, only because it reminds me we are all here for a place to feel like we belong. We all have our own stories, plans for change, or just to come to terms with our own feelings. This is the right place. Drag queen or dude in dress, as I often see my reflection as, is only a term to describe the outward appearrance we portray. Crossdresser covers all the emotions, questions, and activities I have found myself dealing with over the years.

Welcome and make yourself comfortable. Perspective is better seen through many people's eyes.

The fact that you started a thread with very clear, respectful, and mindful communication informs me that you are a quality sister interested in the positive potential of sincere dialogue. You may find (as I did) that there are a core group of gals here that approach the forum the same way: which is highly beneficial.

Sure, I get dinged and muted and erased from time to time, because, as in any forum or "community", there are unwritten rules. But in this forum, it appears that all members (and all places of the "spectrum", as they like to call it) are accepted, as long as the notion of respectful dialogue is accepted as mutually beneficial.

One last shared experience: even the bad comments and threads and rejections can become valuable to your inner process.

I don't know I have ever seen anyone who was rejected by this community. Maybe I haven't been here long enough. I suppose there are group norms but they are pretty inclusive. I am non binary, which makes me a minority of a minority since most members here are bigendered. I don't think of myself as a cross dresser because I am expressing my gender through my clothes, and that gender is neither male nor female. Still any feelings I have had of not fitting in here are completely a result of my difficulty with identifying not a result of members telling me that I do not belong.

I also think that all gender expression is performative. How could it be anything else? If you want to make the performative nature of gender expression more obvious, as far as I am concerned you will just be doing everyone a huge favor in helping, like Conchita Wurst, people understand you are the gender you present, not the gender some doctor,who really had no expertise in gender identity issues, said you were at birth.

So you might find it isn't so much whether the community will accept you. People here are inclusive, tolerant and kind. They will accept you. It may be more how easy it is for you to accept the community.

Let me put it another way. I am the most radical person I know. I know almost no one who thinks the way I do and practically nobody who dresses or presents themselves the way I do. Many of the conversations here have absolutely nothing to do with my life. I have to work to understand them because they are so foreign to me. But I have never felt rejected by the members of this board. I am transgender but transgender is a big umbrella and it encompasses all kinds of people.

Even people as different as you and me.

We're all big girls. If you're not mean or blatantly rude be what you want.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just be yourself.
    Like Nicole Erin said follow the rules and you should be fine.
    Don't start arguments or show racy pics.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Looking forward to the show, Bouncy! Hello from Canada...

Join the club!

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyBouncy View Post
    Are you willing to accept me as an outspoken, non-trans person who intends to make their cross dressing a publicly performative experience
    that feels no need to publicly minimise the fact that I am biologically male and speak my mind in an overly creative manner?
    Absolutely!

You know yourself and this is the greatest gift of all!
    Reine

Well BB your pretty much in the same boat as myself from what I read
    I read this and look into a written mirror...
    Most who read my posts or have seen my videos know me as what you have written... It's not easy show casing your ways or expressing your love of your art.
    And some will love it and some wont...!
    We as CD's all have our different ways and feeling, so in all honesty get ready for some highs and lows and enjoy the trip
    Either way I got your back sister and I love Ya to bits already and very much looking forward to your style
    Big Phat hugs@Ya Sister...

Kate

Gone to live my life
    Hey there Bouncy and as others have said . . . WELCOME! There is not right way or wrong way to approach being TG and from your introduction I would still say you fall on the TG spectrum and have found a way to integrate you feelings into your life. Well done as balance is a great place to be! I look forward to reading more about you.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    BB,
    Why people worry so much about how they portray themselves, Cding has no rules ! If that's how you wish to be then fine , your occupation lends itself to your way of thinking ! You're obviously happy with it ! The only rule is accept others for what they are and don't try and don't make them feel bad if they have a different way of presenting themselves!

Dear everyone,

You can't imagine how overjoyed I am to hear your reactions and responses. I have always been one to prompt reaction, so to have received nothing
    but support, understanding, respect and warmth is an absolute honor, and one I thank you for from the very bottom, top, sides and epicenter of my heart.

I'm so very used to being rejected, as I'm sure we all are, which has always been especially painful I've felt that I've finally found a community in which I might be appreciated or understood,
    only to be seen as doing something 'wrong' or counter to the beliefs, rituals or conventions of said community. I feel your generous and gracious support flow to me like a river of love and
    familiar kindness, and while part of me relishes the opportunity to go absolutely all out and be 300% me on overdrive, I plan to constantly keep my respect of the community at a highest priority level.

Thank you for allowing me to rise to my absolute potential. Please be sure to let me know if you ever feel I'm overstepping;
    For someone who consciously challenges themselves and forces myself out of my comfort zone in pursuit of that sublime adventure, I can occasionally get ahead of myself and
    upset others without immediately realizing. You have my word that I will always show you all the same respect, love and encouragement that you have shown me.

Now for some more specific responses:

Quote Originally Posted by sarahcsc View Post
    Hi Bouncy,
    What an authentic and honest introduction. Of course you are welcome. I hope this forum will help you the way it has helped me.
    Love,
    Sarah
    You perhaps don't know how overwhelmingly glad I am that my intro came across as authentic and honest. It means a great deal to me
    that you saw it that way, as it was indeed my intent. Too often my emphatic honesty can be perceived as sarcasm or, I don't know, SOMETHING negative!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    Actually, you are still trans. Thats OK though. Nobody says you have to conform to either gender.
    Oh I'm most certainly trans, no doubt about it
    And I am one of the most voraciously non-conformist people you might ever meet
    (something that I'm sure could be said about most of us here)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    Well BB, you've got our attention, now what are you going to do?
    Put on a show

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie7 View Post
    You go girl, and I don't mean go away. This forum is a big umbrella. Personally I love the drag queen look though I don't do it myself... Any more. There was a time though...
    You've just made me exceedingly curious about you and your past…!

Quote Originally Posted by talonX View Post
    Welcome to Bouncy, and as a new member myself, it's wonderful to see such acceptance!
    Glad to be taking this adventure in parallel with you TalonX.
    I was in San Fransisco not long ago - if only we could've hit the town together!

Quote Originally Posted by LelaK View Post
    The owners of the forum are rather uptight, I think, and don't even tolerate words like she-male. They're somewhat authoritarian and insensitive to members by deleting posts excessively.
    Thank you for the Tip LelaK, I'll keep that in mind and be careful to choose my words

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymcculloch90 View Post
    "His name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson, his name was Robert Paulson........."
    In death, the members of project mayhem DO have a name…

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    BB,
    I'm looking forward to reading the reports of your adventures. It will be interesting to find out just how the muggles react to you.
    Crossdressicus Totalis!
    It's funny, muggles have only ever reacted well to me when I'm in drag in public, though, that COULD be because I work in festivals, so I'm constantly surrounded by performers and artistic maniacs. Even MORE funny, women always seem to be the more gropey and disrespectful, perhaps because they assume a drag queen needn't be treated with the same respect a 'real woman' does… hmmm…

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Ray View Post
    The fact that you started a thread with very clear, respectful, and mindful communication informs me that you are a quality sister interested in the positive potential of sincere dialogue. You may find (as I did) that there are a core group of gals here that approach the forum the same way: which is highly beneficial.

Sure, I get dinged and muted and erased from time to time, because, as in any forum or "community", there are unwritten rules. But in this forum, it appears that all members (and all places of the "spectrum", as they like to call it) are accepted, as long as the notion of respectful dialogue is accepted as mutually beneficial.

One last shared experience: even the bad comments and threads and rejections can become valuable to your inner process.
    I very much enjoy the way you write, and you've immediately assumed a position in my mind of a quality sister as well
    Also, as a creative, I'm ALL about audience feed back whether positive or negative, so I'm open to everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Just be yourself.
    Like Nicole Erin said follow the rules and you should be fine.
    Don't start arguments or show racy pics.
    I've made sure to scour the rules and digest them fully,
    I just hope any pics I post won't break or bend any unwritten rules
    We shall see the reactions when that happens I suppose!

Once again, thank you, so very very much everyone.
    I feel free to be overt, performative, ridiculous yet wholly respectful self in this community.

I feel very blessed to have found you all.

xx Bouncy

PS. For future reference, I am an utterly open book, and love expressive myself, so if you ever have any questions or curiosity about
    any facet of me or my personality, please do go right ahead and ask. I want to know you all, and I would love for you to know me.

Quote Originally Posted by LelaK View Post
    The owners of the forum are rather uptight, I think, and don't even tolerate words like she-male.
    It's not the owners, Lela. The term she-male is incredibly insensitive and hurtful to our transsexual members.
    Reine

Junior Member ashleymcculloch90's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    It's not the owners, Lela. The term she-male is incredibly insensitive and hurtful to our transsexual members.
    Yes it's the same as a racial slur. At least to me it is.

As you progress through the forum your self conscious nature will meld into one of confidence and any one here would accept you almost immediately.

The things that may be a bar to acceptance by some would be extreme criticism ofothers and probably radical beliefs.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.