Thread: Sore Nipples got me Thinking?

Silver Member

Sore Nipples got me Thinking?

I have been jogging about 3 miles around my home every other day for about a year now but this winter I have avoid using the treadmill and opted to stay outside till it gets just too cold. So I have found that running in the cold can lead to the above mentioned malady and did some research. There are two solutions, one for women and one for men. For women all of the info says something like; since women wear a sports bra they rarely get this problem as long as it is properly sized and not made of cotton. For men they suggest several solutions; band-aids, nip guards (expensive) taping over the nipple or a lubricant (Vaseline) to protect the nipples from chafing. There is some mention of men wearing a compression top but that it would need to be quite snug to help and that it should be a material that is nipple friendly.
    OK I get it, that few non-crossdressing men would read this then go and buy a sports bra to solve the problem but I'm a little disappointed that Nike, Reebok...haven't designed a top for men with a "hidden" bra like feature since this works for nearly all women. They make running tights for men, capri pants for men, the ear warmer headbands for men?

Moderator, not sure this is in the right spot but I think it is.

When I used to run I found that I just had to go with a nylon top undershirt. Then a t shirt over the top. Don't know if they still make them but they are sleeveless that actually have just two shoulder straps and they hang down in various lengths.

Use a band-aid over each nipple. They will not rub on your shirt, then. Of course, a bra would be more fun.

I used to play a lot of basketball and there were shirts I wore that were made of poly blend material. Would irritate nipples. Cotton not as bad. I would suggest looking at changing what fabric you are wearing possibly as well. I haved used bag balm as it doesn't have the vaseline smell I can't stand.

I train for marathons. You can buy a deodorant like product to roll over your nipples. Go to any place that caters to runners or on line.
    Suzanne

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    When were headband ear warmers for women only?
    The reason nike doesn't make a mens top with a hidden bra is men wouldn't buy it if they marketed it as having a bra like insert.

Sara,
    When I was doing triathlons and I shaved my body hair off, I noticed the same soreness on my nipples. At first I used band aids, but they can get expensive after a time, Vaseline will work but it will show through your shirt and will leave some stain marks. It all depends on the fabric that you use. An expensive solution but does work is get yourself a good under armor sports bra. It will last if you follow the care instructions and will relieve you of the soreness. At least it did for me.

@--}---
    Michelle

Aspiring Member
    Either use band aids or get some body-glide like Suzanne mention, when ya run, it just comes with the territory.

It's frustrating but gust get a softer material next to your skin.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by MarisaRose. View Post
    Either use band aids or get some body-glide like Suzanne mention, when ya run, it just comes with the territory.
    They also sell the body glide at bicycle shops, and big sports stores where they have bicycle's or at least all the accessories and clothes, like REI, Sports Authority, etc. Both men and women use it to prevent chafing and rashes between the legs where the tight fitting riding shorts rub on the skin and other body parts. I used it last year for a 2 week touring ride in Europe. It worked wonderfully. Not too sure how it will work on nipples since they also stick out more from the surrounding skin area, adding to the problem.

You might be on to something Sara. Perhaps you could patent and market a product for men, start an on line business and make some extra cash.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land