Thread: Are you just having fun with it?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Are you just having fun with it?

As an older CD I have a long history of engaging with this crossdressing passion. I've experienced all of the thrills and chills of this activity in my life. That amazing feel of all of the firsts. The first cool breeze up the skirt, The first sensation of true balance on heels with the weight of breasts. The first time with silky nylons on smoothly shaven legs. That first time stepping out fully transformed. Then there's the other stuff. The many times that you tried to explain and garner acceptance yet the response was anything but. The times that you look at it all and question your own sanity.

I am now at the age where it's all sorted out after a lifetime of self analysis. I am dressed fem every day from the time I go to bed until the next morning when I have to go to work or when she awakes. I truly understand the necessary balance between Carla life and the other reality. And, the only time I could pass under close inspection is if I troweled on makeup. And I just rarely get that kind of time. My idea of passing is just not caring if I'm clocked or not.

And my ultimate conclusion, it's just fun. It just makes me feel good. Geez, for a while, I really thought that every little bad thing that happened was directly related by karma to the last time I crossdressed. Gosh, it's nice being older. It's like all the BS has completely drained out of my head.

I was laughing like a moron to myself this morning because I ingeniously figured out how to zip myself up in a fabulous Liz Claiborne dress using a camera strap and a drawer knob only to find out that I was stuck in the dress, which I kinda' really like! But, I had to go to work and I think they wouldn't appreciate my style choices. I got out the same way I got in. Shoulda' video taped it.

So, y'all. Are you having fun with it? I know I am!

618p.JPG622p.JPG603p.JPG615p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Nothing but fun since the day it became a real choice to do or not. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Hi Carla, We are a lot alike I have a lot of fun with my dressing and changing cup and form sizes.
    Back zippers can be a challenge I will use a lengte of strong nylon string and wrap a small piece
    of tape around the tab lock so I can pull the zipper down without locking,
    when the dress on I tuck the string inside the top of the dress.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 12-17-2014 at 08:49 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Wow thank you for putting into words how I feel. Would Loved to have seen the look on your face when you discovered you were stuck in the dress. I did that once in a pull over type top.

Carla has the right idea behind this dressing if you aren't having fun with it don't do it. Just look at the ingenious way she has adapted to make it all fit together. Beautiful dress Carla.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I try to have fun with it too....sometimes I have to remind myself that...that is WHY i started in the first place...it was FUN. It shouldnt be a DRAG
    (pun intended)

Aspiring Member
    Hi Carla

Are you just having fun with it?

Simple - Yes, yes, yes! I only wish I could do it more often.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

The zipping up of a fabulous dress is one of the best things about dressing.

Aspiring Member
    I agree, as the years go by my perspective has mellowed (from hidden hobby and a bit of obsessions) to, I'm definitely have more fun with it. Being here helps a whole lot!!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Always fun for me Carla always has been always will be.
    I gave up trying to figure it all out and just go with it. I'm at that age I don't care what people think too...........pretty awesome!!

Evelyn, So true about zipping up, especially a new dress or new used one, for the first time! Lately, i don't dress often. I really have to be in the right mental state to dress.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Carla I so agree while I have my moments where I try and be serious and want to look as nice and passable for me it is fun having this side of me it makes me a lot more fun I think than the grumpy guy I become when I try to suppress Leigh.
    So yes it's fun

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A lot of interesting points in your post, Carla. "Firsts". We can only have one of each of them. And, the more we drerss and go out? The more mundane and common it becomes. I guess that's why I keep pushing Sherry's bounderies. New firsts means new experiences, feelings, and the fem fun continues!

Early on I learned the difficulties of back zippered dresses. I made a zipper puller out of a piece of wire riveted to a 24" thin strip of scrap stainless steel I had laying around. U can do the same using a coat hanger and bit of wire. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to make.

I find this much easier to use than string when pulling the zipper up. I simple flip the zipper hooked strip up to my shoulder and grab it with my other hand!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Carla,
    The best thing you can do is smile at adversity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Fun doesn't drive me to crossdress (pleasure does). But it IS fun! A nice by-product.

If it wasn't fun, there would be no reason for me to do it!!

Whether or not we have to dress having fun with it makes it all the better. Why not enjoy what we do. I have fun every time. Sometimes when I know I am going to dress in the evening, I look forward to it all day and then have an even better night. Recently I have been able to dress 5 or 6 times a month, possibly even more. And, I have fun every time. xx Lucy Lou

I also enjoy dressing ,or i wouldn't do it . I always think about it the AM ,so i enjoy the anticipation all day. There is no other feeling than gettin home and peal off the drab and put on a dress and heels , wonderful ,!

I really have fun crossdressing, eventhough I have posted that at times it is an affliction. I have had several days to be totally Sabrina, as I am tonight. I have experimented with new hair, nail color and cosmetics these past several days. Fun, wow.
    Love, Sabrina

Fun is the word for it, but why did it take so long?

Yes I have fun when I dress up, it's just to bad there isn't enough fun in my life
    do not label me for i am unique

Love the fun, the wonderful inner peace. But it does make
    stopping difficult. At least you can look forward to next time.
    hugs

Gone to live my life
    Hi Carla,

If you can find "fun" in just being you in whatever manner you dress then I think that is a great place to be . I love the quote "My idea of passing is just not caring if I am clocked or not"

Hugs

Isha

Cool dress Carla! Yes, I have both fun and pleasure dressing up plus I have the bonus of a darling wife who also has fun with the whole business. We love to shop together, we love to dress up together and step out together, we both bask in the attention we get from friends because of it. But that is on top of the deep personal sense of pleasure and rightness I feel when my presentation comes together and my femme aspect shines.