Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no I hate technology

Oh no I hate technology

Hi all

Hope you are all well just something to remember as it happened to me this morning.

I had a Samsung galaxy 4 about 2 years ago as my normal phone now have the galaxy 5.
    Had all my emails linked to the old phone through my Gmail account. Then upgraded and linked it to my new phone. Totally forgot about it and my girlfriend of 8 years who I have a son with lost her phone so I gave her my old galaxy 4. I took so photos of me dressed on my new phone but as it was still linked to my other phone she received the photos. Can't believe when I have 13 missed calls this morning and message saying can't believe u would cheat on me. I rang back and told her the photos were me, it's was just my bum in underwear and legging but still.
    Now got to tell her about me as I am stupid and forgot.

just remember tech is good bit also bad lol

Platinum Member
    Hi Jordan, Alexandra Graham Bell sure didn't see this one coming.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sometimes I wonder if it's really accidental.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Easy access for you can sometimes = easy access for others close to you. I know, first hand, when me wife using my phone found this site.

Having recently upgraded from an iPhone 4S to a 6+, I'm going to be passing the 4S on to our toddler to use as an iPod touch. Thanks for the reminder to do not just one, but two full resets of the phone. (For good measure... :-) )

I have an I pad which both my wife and I use, but only I have an I phone. I have taken photos and then deleted them after downloading onto my computer. The first time I did this I found the pics on the other device on time and deleted them. Since then I have been diligent. However, I do miss the time when we both had I phones, because I was always able to check her location on the find I phone app. Her work phone is now another brand and we are no longer linked. But I am enjoying technology. I love the recent op system that has introduced the camera timer. Cheers and good luck with your girlfriend, Jordan.

Yeah, technology has a way of making our other side known . Something similar happened to me several years ago. Also, I hope all went well after she found out.

Platinum Member
    I'm not crazy about my picture anyway, but taking selfies on a smartphone seems a sure fired way to share way more than you intend to.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    This thread pops up every now and then...and gals in the closet are getting caught like this all the time. I always send my pictures to myself via email, then delete them off my phone right away....you can keep them in your girly email, or make a folder called 2012 taxes and stick them in there if you need to hideem on your comp too...just a few options. I dont even need to hide them but I do because my 4 yr old nefiew LOVES to play with my phone when he comes over...and I dont want to have to explain to him.

One reason why i only have as low tech phones as possible, with no camera.

There are some antivirus programs out there (example: Webroot) that will allow you to connect to your mobile devices through a web console and wipe or lock out the device so that no one can access the device. This is handy if you lose your mobile device (I use that term because it works with my cell phone AND my Kindle, along with protecting my PCs at home) or if it's stolen... or if you've inadvertently handed out more information that you wished. They even allow tracking of your mobile devices and can make them "scream" (emit a sound) so that if you've misplaced it somewhere in your house, you can find it by sound.

~Melissa
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Banned Read only
    Jordan ,
    There's always the question of what Google is doing with your stuff !
    Things were far easier when we used Morse code !
    I a problem recently when I borrowed my wife's laptop to sort some pictures, I thought I'd offloaded them onto a memory stick and deleted them on the laptop, when it went into screensaver up popped my pictures ! Delete doesn't always mean what it says !

Banned Read only
    Sorry Jordan,
    You know what they say, Live by the sword, die by the smartphone.

One simple way to avoid this scenario but still do what you want with the phone, is to set apps to save stuff only on the SD card. Removing the SD card removes the data from the phone. Oh, and yes, I am aware some phones don't have an SD card slot etc. It's a generic suggestion only and up to the user to figure out the best solution for them.

I deleted picture of me from my Camera Roll, but not My Photo Stream, granddaughter was looking through the phone and ask me who the woman was, is it your sister. I did not react vary well took the phone and started to delete, leaving the picture on then the way I acted, stupid on both counts.
    Girl good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Jordan, I am assuming from your post that your girlfriend has access to your regular Gmail account, and that all of your new pictures were being automatically uploaded to the "Photos" section of the pre-existing associated Google+ storage site that she can continue to view from the old phone. The only other way that I can see this happening is if the two phones are in close proximity to each other at times, in which case data transfer can occur wirelessly by a method called "NFC" (Near Field Communications"). This is one of the key features of the Android operating system.

All of this inter-connectivity and the associated automatic linkages can be big time-savers and greatly increase productivity, but the big downside with all that "sharing" functionality is that one can easily lose control over one's personal information without sometimes even realizing it, as you have discovered to your chagrin. This is one reason why I never take pictures with my smartphone - I can never be sure where they end up, or who might inadvertently see them.

Lesson learned, and I hope that everything works out well for you in the end with your girlfriend. Not the best way to reveal yourself, but all things considered, she will likely see your crossdressing as the lesser of the two evils, given that the other - likely less palatable - alternative would be that you are cheating on her.

Jordan,
    I avoid social networks for a very good reason, you have just highlighted it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My account always wants to upload my pictures to cloud. No way in hell! I take them off my phone right away after they have been loaded onto our computer.

same ... I make sure I delete pictures on the sim card on the camera after transferring to my secret file and make sure they are deleted off my iphone... fyi on the new iphone 6 you have to delete them twice because now they have a trash file!..

I do not own a cell phone and probally never will .it just seems more people can access your info .Once it go to the cloud it stays in the cloud
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

When smart phones were introduced I decided to keep my old stupid phone and just use it to make calls and receive calls. I believe I made a wise choice bacause a smartphone can lead to all kinds of trouble for a dummy like me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Any Android phone (that I know of) has this option called 'factory reset' (or, if you're a bit more careful/paranoid, encryption and factory reset). As a matter of fact, my 15 year old Nokia had it as well. It's there for a reason. Nonetheless, sending your data via the internet is a surefire way to let other people know your secrets if you're not 100% sure what you're doing of if you're not 100% in control of it (e.g. some auto sync feature).

If you have anything like Dropbox, for instance, you need to make sure that your phone camera doesn't upload the pictures automatically. Also, if you want to keep your CD pics, you'd better save them to a flash drive or some very secret place. Just try to avoid any dangerous exposing of your Mrs Hyde :P
    It really sucks to have to hide this wonderful hobby of ours!
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally 2112 View Post
    I do not own a cell phone and probally never will .it just seems more people can access your info .Once it go to the cloud it stays in the cloud
    the future is already here... you're too late... you are already a part of it all and can't escape! they've got a file on you!

Gone to live my life
    Well I have always said . . . technology is great, when it works. Unfortunately when it works it can be evil . . . Good luck.

Hugs

Isha