Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling weird at my parents home

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    My in laws are coming here for a belated Christmas... and I have to stay closeted at my wife's request, even though her sister is an out of the closet lesbian dating a MTF transwoman. I feel the frustration, as I am spending today "de-femming" the house where needed.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Just girl up, Humana! The Holidays r the time of the year we must suffer our families. Only one lousy week?

If WE can do it, so can u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

One step at a time Sherry!

Yes.

I agree with just about everything written here--ok, everything.

Though I am so far behind you all, I can appreciate your sentiments and experiences. When I was a young man (early 20's), I bit the bullet, changed my major, and began my formal study of classical music. Where and when I came from, it was called "long hair" music, and automatically I was considered and treated as Gay--though that wasn't the term in common practice back then. When the "hippie" movement came in, the term "long hair music" took on a very different meaning, but I was still considered odd and suspect.

If only my old relatives and friends could read this :-)

Perhaps a different take on your comment: I enjoy my manhood. I like the feeling and rush of adrenaline rushing through my body when I tackle a strenuous task. Yet, I am one to cry at movies, and at classical concerts (tears flow freely and in anticipation of the end of "Die Gotterdamerung."

My point is this: we have many sides to us, so why not embrace and enjoy them all?

Vanessa

Quote Originally Posted by Allison Chaynes View Post
    My in laws are coming here for a belated Christmas... and I have to stay closeted at my wife's request, even though her sister is an out of the closet lesbian dating a MTF transwoman. I feel the frustration, as I am spending today "de-femming" the house where needed.
    surely if people can accept a lesbian dating a transwoman they can accept a straight gal dating a CDer!

come now!

I have been visiting family since Christmas and have not fully dressed en femme since then. I have been wearing female slacks and some female tops. I really miss being dressed as a lady but am going home tomorrow and will get to do it for the next few days.