Thread: I finally went out

Smile I finally went out

Last night I went out around 1 AM for all the late Xmas shoppers. Left home Got dressed in parking lot very nervous put on long black hair sweater black and gray color block skirt right above knees White panty hose and 3 inch heels felt pretty Hot wore large sun glasses unfortunately no make up yet. What an exciting feeling spent 2 hours at mall even went to Macys no one really stared or said anything. Even tried on a few dresses. Gosh sure hope to try again soon Attach Photo of Top I wore.
    Attached Images Attached Images

so happy about you, still tiring to went out, : )

So happy for you, Donna. I hope you're able to try it again soon, too!

Thanks I hope so too I was really excited

Good for you I bet it is a great feeling
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I know that feeling. Or at least I believe I do.

The other day I dressed up in tight jeans, boots, satin shirt and a leather jacket and got the mail. It was cold out, and it was dark, but walking down the street past 8 houses to get to the community mail box was nerve racking. I did see a car too that passed. Drove me nuts!

I'm glad your first trip out went well! Isn't it amazing how little attention one gets?

I find it interesting how my attitudes have changed. I used to be scared to death of even going out in my own front yard. I felt as though every neighbor had a telescope on me. I slowly came to the realization that they don't really care a whit about me and they just see "some person." While I'm not waving a greeting I don't fear them seeing me any longer.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Good for you Donna, a great Christmas treat!
    Hugs

Congrats!
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

Gone to live my life
    Hi Donna and CONGRATS!

Hugs

Isha

One small step now more bigger steps to come.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats girlfriend
    i am working to the same goal.
    not there yet.

xo fran

I'm glad you had fun. there's not a word to describe the way it feels to be out as you were supposed to be. When I used to be an over the road truck driver, I pretty much lived as a woman. It was one of the most exciting times of my life. I only once had an incident and it was very minor.

don't let what others think stop you from fulfilling your dream. Because for one thing they are busy with their own lives and most people don't even pay attention to you.
    Kelli

Banned Read only
    D:

There You Go!!

DeeAnn

Congrats! Thank to sharing your story with us

Catherine

Thanks for sharing! Congratulations!
    I really wanted to go out tonight with my sis to a town near mine where nobody knows us, but a hard storm ruined our intentions
    I hope I get my first outing soon!

Hugs!
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

Judging by your pic I'd say its a little heavy on the eye shadow! <wink>

In all seriousness, I can only imagine how you felt making those first brave steps...I long to do the same someday but I'll never come close to passing. Good for you!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Congrats to you. I bet that, shaking or not, you really did enjoy being out. It is surprising how few people see other people other than (sometimes) to admire or enjoy.
    Please do not stay out so late the next time, it is dark enough in the early evening and there are not many more people around then.
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Congratulations . That first time out is always the scariest. Nice to see you had a good experience though. I did my first public outing about a month ago and since then it's gotten easier and easier.
    www.transpottingtalk.blogspot.co.uk < My lovely blog all about Trans issues and stuff
    Follow me on Twitter @Charlottewbuzz

Did you have to talk to any sales people? If so, did you use your man's voice, or have you developed a feminine voice? I hear a lot of first timers say they avoided situations where they had to talk. Were the stores crowded? I have grown to feel like people do not care a whole lot what I am wearing, even if I am obviously a man. They see me, they take in the truth, then they go on about their business (and treat me with respect if they have to interact with me). Congratulations on your (first?) outing. I hope it did not make you too sleepy on Christmas morning.

Platinum Member
    Hi Donna, You are out there now, There's no holding you back anymore.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Congratulations you are on the roller coaster now for sure,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Congrats Donna! Its an incredible feel of freedom, so happy for you
    Il n'y a rien qui vous rend plus heureux que la liberté d'être vous-même et être honnête avec vous aussi.

I am amazed at how many of us there are out there. I feel these exact same fears when I have gone out! It's scary but yet very thrilling, too! It's something I cannot quit doing!
    I am very happy to have found this site!