Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting out of the closet with my sister

Getting out of the closet with my sister

Hi all!

A little story from today:

I went shopping for some Xmas presents with my sister. She's 28, I'm 31. We entered a beauty supplies store. I was there standing, waiting for any of the SAs to help me, but nobody did! I guess that they didn't because I'm a guy, 'cause an SA started talking to my sis even when I was there looking at the merch. Anyway... I stepped in the middle and asked the lady for a foundation for my skin color, which made the lady change her expression to a classical "what tha heck!". She showed me some of the stuff they had, but I didn't buy any of that... The good thing was that my sis didn't do any weird expressions to me, so I started thinking about telling her about my CDing. She's very understanding anyway and has some gay friends, so she shouldn't be upset about it, I thought.

After that we went to another store to get some jewelry and we did great, had a lot of fun. I'm good at picking girly stuff (whay would it be! ). After all the shopping, in the car back home, I opened a pic of mine en femme, and I tried to tell her about it, but words just couldn't come out... Then I thought "WTH! She's young like me, she's very mature and she loves me, she must understand! I want her to know" so I parked the car at a quiet place and told her "I want to tell you something. It's really private and only my GF knows..."
    -"What is it? You breaking up with Nana? You like guys?"
    -"None of that" - laughs. "I don't like guys, never did, but I've always loved wearing woman clothes..." - I went all blushed!
    My sis was all blushed too!
    -"Ta daaah!" - I showed her the pic on my cell phone.
    She was really shocked at first, but then she said: "I can't believe it! You look so pretty! You look just like me!"
    She hugged me and I broke in tears! I was so scared, but happy at the same time. She's the first -and I guess the only one ever- to know about this in my family. We talked a lot about the subject, and at the end of the conv, she told me that I can trust her and she'd love to go shopping with me any time. I also asked her what she thinks about the people who likes this, and she said that she's very happy for me and for anyone who does what makes 'em happy and don't live a life of frustration. I told her about this community, and she said it's great to have this supportive groups. I think this is very helpful for understanding myself

I think that her reaction was so much nicer than I expected. I felt that I have a true friend in her, and now I'm so excited about sharing tips, info and shopping days with her. I bought her a very nice Christmas present. I think she earned it today!

---

I want to wish you all a very happy Christmas. Try to be with the people that you love. Forgive, hug, kiss and celebrate life! No matter how hard things get, time will make us strong enough to go through any stuff in our way!

Hugs!
    Humana
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

That's awesome, Humana! It's great to have supportive people like your sister in your life. My sister was supportive from the start when I came out to her a couple of years ago. It has helped us become closer, knowing we can be open and honest with each other. Best wishes to you and your sister!

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    Best X-Mas present ever that ...

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar
    GOOD for you!!! I am so happy your sister was supportive. You are very lucky indeed.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. May all your personal 'outings' be as good as this one went.
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

That is such a beautiful story! It must feel wonderful to have shared that with someone you love and gotten the positive reaction. Thank you for sharing the happy thoughts!

What a wonderful sister you have.
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Good to hear about an reveal with a positive and Happy ending.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

All the best for an improving relationship with your sister and the best for Christmas as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So pleased that your sister has taken your coming out to her so well, and hope that you both will have lots of shopping trips in the new year.
    Best wishes
    Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Awesome story! I'm happy for you!
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

Humana that was a great story, and I'm so happy for you both.
    Enjoy the holiday time.
    Hugs

Gone to live my life
    Hi Humana,

What a wonderful and heart felt story. It is always nice when we can connect with someone and they don't find it weird or abrasive and that someone being a close member family is priceless. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

wow thats great! Congratz. The only person I told was my wife. she told a couple of her close friends and my older brother who surprisingly was cool with it.

I wish I had the same relationship with my sister,but I firmly believe she would be alarmed&sound the alarm&tell my other siblings.This has been a secret for years,as
    I used to wear mothers clothes,in the beginning.I would dress in her outfits,after she left for work in the morning.I would lift a fresh,unopened brand new pkg of her
    pantyhose,put them on&spend the morning,dressed in one of mothers expensive skirtsuits,wearing a pair of her heels&borrowing one of her wigs&sitting at her
    makeup table,doing my makeup
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

What a wonderful post to read on a Christmas morning! May you and your sister have even more to share through the years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Congratulations Humana. I'm so pleased for you.
    Merry Christmas dear.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Platinum Member
    Gotta say, that was an abrupt introduction, but you obviously know your sister well! I do think her reaction mirrors that of many younger people, far more accepting.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Since a picture is said to be worth a thousand words: !!!

Best Christmas present, ever! (Well, except maybe for a gift certificate for a full MAC makeover...)

Wonderful sister you have

Thanks for all your warm replies! I hope you're all having an awesome time!
    Hugs!
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

You have a great sister Humana Lucky girl.
    Angie

Great story, Humana!

Your seem to be very comfortable with who you are, so other people reflect the same back to you. I'm glad that your sister was so understanding. Do you wonder how it would have been if she wasn't OK with your cd'ing? I guess that doesn't matter anymore. Good story!

Quote Originally Posted by DeTerminator View Post
    Great story, Humana!

Do you wonder how it would have been if she wasn't OK with your cd'ing? I guess that doesn't matter anymore.
    Well, I guess that most of the time what makes you avoid telling other people is the fear of not being accepted. This time I could only compare the feeling of telling my sis, to be on a really fast and scary roller coaster LOL! You know... that emptiness in the stomach at first, but once you went down, it feels awesome!!!!

Hugs!
    ---

Banned Read only
    Humana,
    Try not to fall into the trap of thinking that's all she wants to talk about, otherwise you'll soon lose her support, don't forget she's also a GG so she will only accept so much, even being a caring sister !

So thrilled for you!

My wife knows but it's DA-DT. What I wouldn't give to have a friend to share the fun with!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)