Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First night out!

First night out!

Hi all! I'm so excited and happy! I'm just returning home from my first night out en femme.
    I had it all planned. I had the chance to spend the day alone, so I decided to start prepparing myself in the afternoon. I took a nice hot shower and shaved my legs and beard. I did myself a little pedicure (not ready for mani yet, but I didn't feel I really needed it anyway). I took a couple of new makeup goodies that I bought yesterday and did a couple of tries before getting a more kinda natural femme look.
    I wore a beautiful skirt, tong, bra, purple blouse and my beloved wig. I waited around 30 minutes and I jumped into my car to look for adventure!! Well... in reality I was sooooo freaking nervous! But the first thing I did to kill the anxiety was passing by an ATM to get some cash out. That was my official first step in the outside dressed like a woman. Yay me! LOL.
    The ATMs were all in the same cubicle, but I managed to enter when no one was inside. But then, right before leaving, two guys entered too and I faced them. They took a look down to the top at me and didn't say or do anything else. I looked at them directly, bravely I'd say...
    I got in the car again and drove to the city, searching for a parking lot near "Bochinche", the most visited LGBT disco in San José. On the way, maybe I was too nervous, but I think I attracted some looks from the people on the street, but after a while I got used to it Luckily I found an open parking lot. Now thr big deal came... I had to get out of my car and ask for the parking ticked, then walk a couple blocks to the disco. I gathered all my strengths and did it as quickly as possible! I didn't have to stand in line to enter the place, and when I was walking on the sidewalk I noticed several people looking at me. That's totally a new sensation!
    Right at the door, this TG lady came to me with a bucket, and told me:
    - Hi gorgeous! What's your name?
    - "Gabriela". Its the first time that I use it.
    - that's a lovely name -she said, and I blushed - look, before you go inside and drink like hell, would you mind sharing something for helping the HIV infected?
    - Of course! How wouldn't I?!
    I put some money in the bucket, gave the lady a hug, crossed some more words with her and entered the place. I guess that was a really nice and warm moment, having the chance to talk to someone that seems to be active in helping people like that belongs to our groups defined by lifestyle choices. I feel like I'm getting deeper in understanding my feelings about CDing
    I won't talk much about the disco, but I'll say it's a nice place to hang out with friends and party hard all night long. That wasn't my intention tonight, so I just sat at the bar and had a couple of cocktails and sodas. Didn't talk much to anyone. I preferred to look at the reactions people showed when they saw me. There weren't any other crossdressers or TGs but a couple of drag queens that server "chiliguaros" (killer shot mix of guaro -might also be vodka-, tomato juice and hot sauce), so that caused again, me being observed by all the people there. I told my self "what the heck!!" and stared back at 'em! After around two hours I felt that I made my point and proved myself that I was capable of presenting en femme in public, at least in a gay bar I lost the fear and anxiety of the first time out. I'm looking forward to go out with my GF and have her to talk and have fun with me.
    Driving back home was easy and quick. Right now I'm enjoying my las moments of the evening wearing my girly outfit and writing this long and boring story LOL. I'll post some pics tomorrow of me wearing tonight's clothes and makeup.
    I hope you enjoyed this and I encourage you to love and aceept yourselves as you are, dare to show your feminine side in public, not now, but when you feel you're ready.
    Hugs!
    Humana... or Gabriela... whatever!
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

This makes my heart smile! I'm so happy that it went so well! My first time was in October, and its honestly the most amazing feeling once you get comfortable. Hopefully you can get back out there and enjoy yourself very soon!

Thanks Briana! Hugs!

Awwww! What a nice story! I'm still smiling

Sounds like it was a great experience. Having many people looking at you was probably very surprising at first. It looks like it happened more than you would have expected, or you wanted it to happen? I haven't tried going out in a public place yet, I'm still scared (even if I was able to walk from a parking lot to a friend's place yesterday), but now I know a bit what to expect, thanks to you.

Looking forward to see some pictures tomorrow!

I know getting out of the car is the hardest thing to do, well maybe standing in line too, and you did both. Good for you. Hope you have a Happy New Year
    Love Jean

Not boring at all - thanks for sharing

Congratulations!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

That's a cool story! I've only been out twice, but alone and at night. I haven't had the nerve to talk to anybody yet.
    I admire your courage! That's awesome!

Well done that's a lovely story for your first night out.
    We sometimes fear far more than we should about making that first step then find that we can just enjoy being who we want to be and it get's easier each time we go out.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Gabby, that was an awesome outing and story. So happy for you. Glad it went so good.
    Hugs
    Char

Congratulations, Gabriela!

- Diane

Gone to live my life
    Hi Gabriela (it is a lovely name BTW) . . . CONGRATS on your first step out. It only gets easier as you continue to do so and it can become quite addictive. I know it can be quiet nerve wrecking especially when you meet people head on (like at the ATM) but you did good by staring straight at them and continuing on your way (looking down or nervous usually draws attention) . . . it kind of goes with owning the moment.

Hugs

Isha

Hi Gabriela,

That's great news. I'm glad your first time going out dressed went so well. I'm going out first time in January so thanks for sharing your story. It will give me a confidence boost.

And it definitely isn't a boring story.

Mark.

but you did good by staring straight at them and continuing on your way (looking down or nervous usually draws attention)
    Is staring back really a good idea? I'm just thinking that GGs don't do that. I can see making eye contact, being confident etc., but staring back seems to be too much. Anyway, sounds like a good first night out.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Hi all! Thank you, really, for all your replies! That's why I love this forum!
    I think it depends, Ressie. One needs to get used to the looks (dirty , normal, envious and inquisitive ones) and balance to know when to give 'em back :P
    Hugs!
    Gabriela (I got a brand new name! Yay!)

Banned Read only
    Good on you Gabriela! Next time out, take your girlfriend and go main stream. Sitting with the normals and seeing that no one really cares is an amazing feeling. Somehow, I think that going out dressed in the same environment in which you go out in male mode is really empowering. Have fun

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Well done!

Wow awesome story, well done. One day I'll follow in your footsteps....I hope! Hugs Michelle

You have more courage and confidence than I, Gabriela. Congratulations. They say the first time is the hardest, all others get easier. I cannot say this from experience as I am still very private about my dressing.

Congratulation Humana or Gabriela as you prefer, thanks for sharing your story of first night out. Hope I will be able to do that on day

Catherine

Thank you girls! Your rock!
    As promised, here are some photos of my look from last night
    final_up1.jpg
    final_up2.jpg
    final_up3.jpg
    final_up4.jpg
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

Very nice photos! I particularly like the first one. Keep your cute smile, that contributes a lot to your feminine side. And really pretty outfit, perfectly adapted for a night out.

What a great story and a set of great pictures.

Gabriella,
    That is a nice name.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The second pic down is super cute!