Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressed for comfort

Dressed for comfort

Over the Christmas holiday I was a little run down from dashing to a myriad of stores and parties. I thought aches and fatigue were from just doing too much but when i woke up this morning I had a full-blown cold. You name it, I had it. I decided to just dress for comfort and stay in for the day. The hard part was deciding what to wear: a full skirt, sweatshirt, and low wedges; skinny jeans, boots, and a loose blouse; a sweater, mid-length skirt, and leggings; jeans and a t-shirt?

Because I didn't plan to go out of the house for *any* reason today, I finally settled on sweat pants, fuzzy house slippers, a long sleeved thermal knit top with a hot cup of tea and my warmest throw.

If you have a day at home to just rest and relax, and can wear anything purely for comfort, what would it be?

Everything, esp. petticoat and leggings.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Probably just leggings and a big sweater, or jeans and a t-shirt. Honestly, I keep most of my wardrobe in the more comfy range like that, with just a few more dressy options for when I feel like getting "all dolled up" and spending crazy time on hair and makeup.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Yoga pants, sports bra, tee-shirt, and fuzzy slippers!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Leggings, sloppy jumpers, loose clothing and a long coat hide a lot when out.
    Yes, very comfortable and warm.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I remember an internet radio interview with Jane Anders (author of "The Lazy Crossdresser", cofounder and editor of io9, and convenor of San Francisco's "Writers with Drinks") who is notorious for appearing in a different outfit almost every week, including outrageously high heels, and the interviewer asked her what she was wearing and she replied "just sweats. I always wear sweats around the house."

comfort and functionality. Winter generally what in the US you guys call sweats, we call them tracksuits or "tracky dacks". Summer T shirt and skirt or shorts if I'm doing any physical work e.g. in the yard.

Florida is the capital of comfort. Maxi dress to short shorts.

ijust stay in my nightgowm hugs lynda

Hi,

Overalls sneakers sun hat knickers maybe a tee, okay you say you dont like my taste ,,,

oh for got the army boots.......and socks...well you did ask.

Okay a normal day sneakers or sandles a skirt long its summer time here a singlet and tee sun hat and yes down the road if i need to, makeup ...if ...lippy and eye brow linner

...noeleena...

I say yoga pants, cami, and a sweatshirt with a cup of coffee. Comfort on a lazy day.

charlenesomeone = Lived in Florida for several years. I agree, and there are some beautiful Maxi dresses and short shorts everywhere. Luv luv luv!!!

I know the after Christmas knock down. I had it yesterday and believe it or not I have some clothes that are comfy and I like to lay around in. First of all it's not the prettiest bra but it's lose and comfy and a mid length wrap around skirt and a fem style t-shirt and legging or tights without control top. My wife knows when I am wearing that skirt, it's going to be a relaxing day for me.

Velour lounging robe and that is about it. (I just did this not too long ago when down with a physical ailment.
    joank
    Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    Yoga pants, sports bra, tee-shirt, and fuzzy slippers!
    If I'm not feeling well, this is usually what I do.

Platinum Member
    If I'm feeling like lounging around, or recuperating from a bug as I have been through the holidays, then I'd wear a cozy seater, sweat pants and thick warm slippers. A little light make up to give myself some color. And a hot mug of tea.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I dress for comfort most of the time in or out of the house....but pretty much for the same reason...I'm tired...and mostly lazy...and in all honestly I would rather be comfortable. I own more leggings than skirts and dresses, more tee's than blouses, and more girlie wedge sneakers than heels....
    I understand girls who have one day a month to dress, and the stars have to align , so they dress to the nines....but when you dress often, not everyday is about getting all dolled up and it can be exausting...sometimes a comfy pair of leggings and a tee are just fine...normal women dont wear dresses and heels every single day either...its ok...i checked the crossdresser rulebook...it is right on page 96...it's ok to dress down.

Adrianna,
    Isn't that rule #96?
    joank
    Southern California

I have a couple of long knit dresses with really soft fabric. They're a lot more comfortable than sweat pants.

Banned Read only
    First, if I am under the weather I usually want to just flop onto the bed and sleep. That is requires warm sleep pants and a white tee shirt. It's like Linus and his blanket. If I want to just have a relaxing day when I feel fine, then it is the full en femme mode sans makeup. It's bra, panty, slip, hosiery (garter girdle with stockings or pantyhose), dress, heels and my grey wig. To me a relaxing day usually includes doing some light domestic chores. I find it relaxing to bake a cake. Relaxation also includes taking my breakfast and lunch fully en femme in our backyard sitting area.

Yoga pants FTW!
    A fresh t-shirt and flip flops work too!
    Hugs!
    Gabriela

For me it's yoga or lounge pants, cotton undies, and a long sleeve cotton/fleece top. Gotta be comfy when you're under the weather.

Me
    just like now.
    sweat pants, sports bra, tee-shirt

T shirt, skivvies and in bed.
    Jon

For me no doubt nice leggings and a nice oversize soft Sweater

For me it's panties, satin nightgown, and either satin robe or velour quilted lounging robe with fuzzy slippers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I just leave my nightgown on, usually. Other times, like during the cold days, I'll wear a prairie skirt and a blouse.
    DonnaT