Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boredom or Curiosity?

Boredom or Curiosity?

Hey everyone

Instead of hijacking a previous thread, I thought I would start this one as I am curious as to how each of us got started on this adventure we call CDing. One of the posters said they "started doing it accidentally and out of boredom" and another poster said "I wonder how many CDs really did don their first article out of boredom?".

I guess I can understand the boredom part a bit better than the "accidental" part but I am wondering if it was more out of Curiosity than boredom? We often talk about how this is part of us, something that can't be shaken, wouldn't it make more sense (if possible) that if this is part of us since we were really young that the first thing we tried on of female attire was more out of Curiosity than boredom?

I know for myself, The first article I wore was tried on out of curiosity. That first article being a pair of pantyhose. I always, since 10, have loved women that wore hosiery. There was always something that drew me to it. How great they made the legs look, how cute the feet were in them, how sheer they were that you could see every detail, how did they feel to be worn, and so forth and so on. Yes, It was a fetish at that point (still is but not as intense as it was then) but it also was the driving point that got the best of me and the Curiosity had to be answered, not the boredom. From there it grew to more Curiosity, could this look better with Heels? and grew from there not knowing what was really driving me at that time in life.

So which is it? What was the first thing You tried on? Was it out of Curiosity or Boredom? Was it ever considered "your fetish"? or was it just the starting point to this road that your now on?

Have a Great day!
    Joanne
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Like you I remember a pair of pantyhose very early. Also wore my Grandmothers nightgown one weekend
    As for an " accident " or the accidental crossdresser ? How?
    This could become a silly thread, but I don't think that is where you are going.
    I'll let someone else start down that trail.
    Hugs

Curiousity not boredom for me too

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    The first item I ever tried on was panties, and it certainly wasn't boredom. In fact, I never had a choice...I was drawn to them like a moth to a flame, and I was powerless to resist. And that's the way I still am today when it comes to my entire wardrobe.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Ive gone many directions in my CDing and I would for sure say it was curiosity for me. I loved skirts when I was younger but my mom mostly wore dresses. My sister too and unfortunately my moms were too big and my sisters too small because I was taller. I finally tried on my moms panties around my freshman year in highschool and it became a real part of me then, I always loved the girls skirts in HS and loved looking at panties in stores but was never able to have the nerve to buy any. I also had a thing for little girl dresses as well they were so cute and frilly just what I wanted to dress in.

I'd have to say curiosity. My Mom used to let me and my sister wear her RHT stockings when they got runs in them. Later on I started fully dressing in my sister's clothes. Billie Jean
    Last edited by Billie Jean; 12-30-2014 at 12:23 PM.

For myself, it was definitely curiosity. I was about 8 or 9 and the first item(s) were a bra and panties. They were too big for me then, but I remember feeling so good when I wore them. I was forever hooked after that.

Banned Read only
    I would argue it is neither.

Men can be curious about women's clothes, but they never try them on. Only a cross dresser does that. My thesis is that there is a need to do this. Even before one has ever cross dressed, the "need" has been planted in us.

Platinum Member
    Following on Jennifer's point, tendency to identify with the female gender (to a greater or lesser extent) is a developmental trait..or simply stated, we are born as such. Chance determines particular moment when we notice and have the opportunity to try one that slip, those stockings or panties. Nine out of ten male children may notice the women's garments without any desire to try them on.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

well i had to,my sister made me do it

For me especially in the beginning when I was about 8-10 it was a curiosity thing I believe. I would look in my mom's drawers and just wanted to touch then I finally tried on some stuff I am guessing it was a bra first. From there it progressed to her dresses tops and stuffing the bra I was always amazed to see my self with breasts. I loved it and was hooked. She worked 4 nights a week and I would dress as soon as she left. I would dress off and on from that point on always wanting to go further and be able look like a real Woman. 40 plus years later I am totally engrossed now with a full wardrobe wigs forms make up kit and many many shoes . Today it is about the feeling I get when dressed or just under dressed it just feels right to me. When I was young it seemed sexual now there is nothing related to sex and dressing it is a part of me that I need and require to be whole. Just my thoughts.

Banned Read only
    My first adventure was trying on my mother's full nylon slips. My family lived in a two bedroom apartment with one bathroom. My mother hung the wash to dry in the hallway or the bathroom on clothes lines. We had a washer in the apartment, which was supposedly not allowed, but, no dryer. At an early age I became intrigued with the feel of nylon. It was a feel totally different from the boy garb I wore" jeans, flannel and cotton. At first I caressed the slips. Then I tried slipping into them as far as I could while they hung, wet or dry. Finally, I took one down and put it on. I was hooked. Next, I tried on her floor length nylon nightgowns. The family's laundry bag was in a closet right next to the head of my bed. I would pull it out and slip into it for awhile at night. If it stopped there I would probably consider it a fetish. But, as I got older I progressed into trying on her girdles and bra (one of which I broke the strap), panties (ugh on style) and hosiery. I was able to find one sun dress that fit, but, it was very tight. I don't think stretchy fabric had been developed yet.

As a teenager I began to loathe myself. I became confused. A guy in the 1960's who wore women's clothing had to be a "faggot" or "queer" or any of the names associated with the unacceptable homosexuality of the day. It wasn't until I was in the thirties that I reemerged and started acquiring my own wardrobe. Yes, I started with some nightgowns: a knee length pink peignoir, which I still have and a black floor length gown, which has since gone the way of a donation.

Curiosity, saw the clothes, the different colors, always felt a little different, the first time I was hooked, it all just felt right, there was a little sexuality attach to it, but that long gone now, this is who I am always was, trying on that first bra and panties did not lead me to this, just lead me to who I was.

Aspiring Member
    Definitely a combination of curiousity and an inner need that cannot be defined. Growing up in a houseful of sisters and often seeing them in their undies had me wanting to try. Something about the feminine allure. I first tried a nice silky slip that felt great to wear. It all progressed from there. My sisters had suspicions but I denied all charges. LOL! As a young teen I would study the wig section of the latest Montgomery Ward catalog and endlessly try to think of a way to buy one discreetly. It wasn't until my first steady girlfriend that she went into a bargain (AKA cheap) department store with me to buy one.

Cheryl

I was drawn to them like a moth to a flame, and I was powerless to resist.
    I can relate!

Definitely a combination of curiousity and an inner need that cannot be defined.
    I can relate!

Looking back, (way back) I believe I was compelled to try on my sister's dress at age 12. It was more than curiosity. Maybe it's because I wore panties at age 8 or my sister's coat at (age unknown) even earlier in my childhood. I can't be certain if something happened to me in my first 3 years of life, this is genetic, or there's some residue from a former life as a GG. Having an older sister seems to have been a major influence of why.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    Joanne,
    Neither curiosity or boredom but far more intense, purely sexual aged about nine, linked closely to a GF at the time !

The first time was curiosity, after that it was excitement.
    Hugs, Carole

I feel curiosity would take the lead.
    Dressing is not something to cure boredom.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It was certainly Curiosity for me being that I was about 5 or so at the time.
    When I did put on those lovely panties it was something that just felt so right and so natural. After that it wasn't curiosity it was just self-expression.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I believe I am an exception to Jennifer's hypothesis. I was with my two brothers in a closet at a young age playing good guys and bad guys. We were pretending to be captured and tied up. One of them asked if anyone else had a hard penis. I did and it felt kind of good. Then one brother looked at a dress hanging up and suggested I put it on. I had no idea why he would have said that. I also had zero sex education and had no idea as to what my penis was for other than peeing. Later on in private I tried on the dress out of curiosity to see if the feeling would return. It did. This was my introduction to cross dressing. It was purely for sexual pleasure in combination with not even knowing about sex. There's no way I will agree that I did it because I was inclined that way. It was purely an innocent connection that happened and it was imbedded in me quite firmly well before I even understood what sex is or the pleasure thereof. This was totally a curiosity. My first climax happened while wearing a skirt, and I was freaked out not knowing what that was, but that it felt good. My studies have led me to understand that we make many subconscious connections that affect us. These are formed. We are not born with them. To clarify, I am speaking of cd's here, not tg's. Feeling as though one is born in the wrong body is quite another subject that I don't claim any expertise on. I don't relate to it, and I don't think it applies to this thread. Sorry about being long winded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I would argue it is neither.

Men can be curious about women's clothes, but they never try them on. Only a cross dresser does that. My thesis is that there is a need to do this. Even before one has ever cross dressed, the "need" has been planted in us.
    True, I know that this need was there from the get go but what if it was the curiosity to actually go that step further. To actually try on whatever article of clothing caught our attention, to actually trigger the CDing to the surface of where it is today.

For the record though, I don't think many guys are that curious about women's clothing other than the TG spectrum. If they are, then they most certainly would try it on. I know I wouldn't have looked at my first pair of heels, been curious, and then not had slipped my foot into at least one of them.

Hence the curiosity afterwards would have been the starting point down the CD/TG road.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 12-30-2014 at 04:13 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Joanne, I don't know about triggers. Can it just be the opportunity? I don't think so. Here's my proof point: I remember putting on my first dress like it was yesterday. Of course there was some curiosity about how it would feel and how I would look, but that is not why I put it on. I was satisfying some need I had to "completely" dress s a girl. At that point in my life, a dress represented that. Later, I wanted some fuller transformation, so make-up and breasts were required. I'd be disingenuous to say that curiosity didn't have a place, but that is not the "why" of it.

This is my true story in short. I of course was curious about textures and the feeling of women's clothes like most everybody. But the thing that started me was an accident of a sort. My girlfriend and I were parking and playing around and to get her out of her dress I concocted the "dare." And she upped it and before long I was in her "complete" outfit and she in mine. Well it had worked, but to my surprise I like it being in her clothes better than I could have imagined and from that point on I was hooked. I just didn't know how bad. So here I am well over 40 years later, and still want to "dare!" And that was the first time I had ever Dressed as a woman but certainly not the last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Platinum Member
    Darn, Franlee, that's a dare I wish I'd have thought of back in the day!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes, but it is a proof of the old adage, "be careful what you ask for, you may get it."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!