frilly pink dresses!

poofy and girly!

petticoats!

and silky pink panties!

sissy panties!

ruffles!

and lace!

eyah!

it's not so much Sissy Culture as Sissy Couture!

faux-forced feminization and sissification!

vintage pink babydoll nightgowns!

chiffon!

satin gowns!

oh god!

it does make me wonder

this type of stuff is SUPER popular on the webby and so hidden

and on here?

disdained!

shamed!

kept secret & not talked about!

I find it kinda funny

(I find it kind of sad)

the dreams in which i'm dyeing!

(my hair! pink! pukey punk prock pink!)

sort of the anti-goth!

Lolita? BROlita?

more like SISSlita!

sissy erotica!

and a bit of the ol in out exotica!

ahh!

or should I say CISlita?

oh dear god!

eyah!!!

so what do you fine folks think of so-called self-identified "sissies" ???

and not JUST the fetish types

ones who generally like that over the top Ultra Femme look

as stereotyped as it may be!

(sure sometimes in movies or special events girls might dress like a pretty pink princess but it surely isn't some every day thing!)

having a larf!

Banned Read only
    "sissy" has a very negative connotation to me. Basically all the things you wrote. Over-the-top anything is not appealing to me.

but would it bother you all that much if others liked it?

how about the fact that the way YOU feel about "sissies" or the way I feel about say "adult babies / diaper lovers" is how the mainstream public think about CDers?

how people used to and still do feel about The Gays?

I mean it's all the same for the most part!

that whole I don't get it but it's fine by me as long as it's not in my back yard / not my brother!

gah!

this type of stuff is SUPER popular on the webby and so hidden and on here? disdained! shamed! kept secret & not talked about!

I don't know about that. While talk about Sissy dressing and Drag Queen looks aren't posted about daily doesn't mean there isn't a place for them here, or they haven't been talked about before. Thing is, If we don't relate to the subject matter, chances are we aren't going to post a reply to such threads. Doesn't mean we have outlawed the topics after all, they are just another label on the TG spectrum.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 12-30-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    but would it bother you all that much if others liked it?...
    Of course not. I don't get it but it doesn't affect me. What I wrote is that the word "sissy" has a negative connotation to me. The word is derogatory, to me. As far as one wanting to dress up in pink frilly frocks, I could care less.

And no, it's not "all the same for the most part." Life is a bell curve. The farther you leave the high point, the weirder things get. There are undoubtedly points on the curve that I can not even imagine.

The sissy culture among CDers has been going on for a long time and it never stopped. It's tied to the fetish culture. It's not talked about here so much because this forum is more about support and less about having fun with a fetish, although fetishists are welcome to discuss their fetishes as long as they keep their posts free of sexual content. But I think there are lots of fetish CDers who aren't interested in discussion or support. They just want to find sites where they can have fun with their fetish!

The sissy culture is not hidden, just google "sissy wear" and you'll get just under one million websites.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    Doesn't work for me. I guess it's a fetish style that appeals to some. For me, it seems demeaning and childish rather than feminine. But to each their own.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I wonder whether there isn't a parallel to be drawn between the sissy culture and the drag queen culture. Both could be understood to be over the top charicatures of girls/women in contrast to respectful homages to the feminine, perhaps?

I don't see why "sissy" style ALWAYS has to be a fetish?

sometimes it's fun to wear a big poofy princess-y dress or a petticoat!

and pink is def. the girliest of colors!

and silky / satin fabrics feel great!

and lace is cute!

I don't think of myself as a fetish dresser at all, but I have a few prom type poofy dresses with petticoats and love it. Like Mink said, it's fun. It is fun to feel a little extra girly from time to time.

girly girl
    "Sissy" never went anywhere. It just doesn't get talked about too much here. I love it!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I was a part of the sissy side for a while even into the adult baby crowd and loved my little girl dresses but I finally realized I wasn't being really myself, I mean yeah I was crossdressering as a baby but for me I understood I was an adult.

Whatever floats your boat I guess Mink. I had my head handed too me on here some years ago for suggesting we were sissies. I guess I'm not a sissy but a MAN in a dress but a MAN, or am I? You decide.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I hope you the best with that style, it is some pretty stuff. It is even amusing and I can see where it could be fun to experience but it wouldn't feed my needs. But there are so many different "things"in this that everyone can find a style to fit their taste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Mink baby, we have talked about this from time to time, and there are a few members here that love being sissies. But since it is mostly fetishistic and sexual in nature this isn't the place to talk about sissification etc. There are sissy sites out there that are completely different than this website where the talk is mostly about promiscuous sexual behavior if you get my drift.

But I loved your creative opening post! Was that by Justin Timberlace? Talk about sissy clothing in the clothing, shopping and beauty section if you'd like. I kind of like some of it myself!
    Last edited by Ressie; 12-30-2014 at 09:31 PM.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I CD and I like pink, but that's about as far as I go. Not interested in the sissy culture, either. That said, if that's how you choose to express yourself then by all means do so. It does not offend me in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    But since it is mostly fetishistic and sexual in nature this isn't the place to talk about sissification etc.
    Why not? Is it against the rules? If not, then it doesn't really matter what you or I think about what is proper here. The Site's rules govern. The sissy part of our TG spectrum is not my area of interest, but I do respect their right to be here and to discuss it. I read their comments and try to learn something new.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Labels, labels, labels. They dont define who we are but they do define how others see us. Personally I prefer not to be related to the "sissy culture". But to each there own, remember it takes all kinds to make the world go around.
    Erica

I guess i'd just be interested in smashing the possible misconception that ALL that favor a sort of sissy style are doing it for sexual jollies

or fetishistic reasons!

I believe it very much is possible to dress more "normal" but also enjoy the ultra girly

I mean we read about guys who like wearing formal dresses or ballgowns and this is really just an extension of that in a way!

wishing to be a princess versus wishing to be a bride! or a hooters girl / school girl / etc

it doesn't have to just be either A or B!

also while it may be sexual for most if not nearly all it doesn't always have to be!

just like how it was sexual in general for most when they were a teen CDer and then it subdued!

there's also the difference between private time / private life and arousal and being in public or knowing when it's not ok to be in such a state

the body & mind are both vast and mysterious!

Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    I guess i'd just be interested in smashing the possible misconception that ALL that favor a sort of sissy style are doing it for sexual jollies

or fetishistic reasons!
    You're thinking that fetish is necessarily sexual. It is for some people, but not always; some people are asexual or have low libidos, or it may start out sexual but it becomes comforting over time. Look at the very first definition here: "A strong and unusual need or desire for something".

Most people would consider adult men dressing up like little girls unusual. Maybe not so much dressing up like a girl, but an adult dressing up like a child. And if a person does this regularly then I'd say the desire is strong too. Nothing wrong with it of course, whatever makes people happy. If on the other hand you're thinking about trying it but it doesn't do much for you, then I guess you won't start a revolution.

Edit - Something just occurred to me. Some Manga is like sissy wear, isn't it? And it's hugely popular among the younger crowd?

But I don't think that people doing cos-play and CDers donning the old-fashioned sissy wear come from the same place.
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-31-2014 at 01:42 AM.
    Reine

Most people would consider adult men dressing up like little girls unusual.
    Reine, this place can spin a web of strangeness... MOST people would consider ANYTHING on this forum weird in the extreme!!

Panty collections numbering in the hundreds (or thousands)...

Shoe collections that must have cost thousands of dollars to accrue...

Pretend bobs, hip padding and female bodysuits... for MEN!

And some people think 'sissy' has negative connotations...? This is what the vanilla world thinks of us...

I think I could get into ball gowns (pardon the pun... ) - but I'd probably prefer satiny slinky over poofy taffeta... but that's just personal preference - and if only I had the budget, and the venues...

Allie's right when she says this is all within the rules and is wholly appropriate material. But a forum is most heavily influenced by the nature of its members, and in this place we tend towards the mid-generational, out to spouse, 'femulator' CDers, who shop a fair bit, do social stuff and... well... pretty much try to behave like mid-generational GGs... Nothing wrong with this - it is what it is here... But I bet a fair number of muggles would consider us ALL to be sissies whether we like it or not...

Perhaps we need a ball or prom gown underground movement heyah...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

If someone called me a sissy, I'd hit them with my purse!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    The "SISSY" thing for me is probably fetishistic in nature but, I really prefer to label it as just a theme that I'm preferring at that particular time. It's mostly like cosplay and certainly a lot of fun. I'm considering it for Halloween next year. Of course, there's stiff competition from Maid, Cheerleader, Buxom Skater Girl, Business Woman, Dominatrix, Wonder Woman, Naughty Nurse, etc......
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Hi Mink, The only rule is that there are no rules, If it feels good and makes you happy then just do it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Why not? Is it against the rules? If not, then it doesn't really matter what you or I think about what is proper here. The Site's rules govern. The sissy part of our TG spectrum is not my area of interest, but I do respect their right to be here and to discuss it. I read their comments and try to learn something new.
    Yes, what I'm thinking of would be against the rules! The word 'sissy' has different meanings which most of us are aware of. Sissification in the sense that I used the word is about being submissive to a master etc. The topic would be pushing the boundaries on this site and I'm not interested in talking about it anyway. The topic never takes off very far here probably for that reason.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder