Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't look now but You BROKE it!

Don't look now but You BROKE it!

Hi Girls

You know, before I sat back down to read some posts, respond and all that good stuff, I was taking more pictures of some of the things My SO got Me for Christmas. I was showing Her the pictures I posted and she said "Where are the jeans I bought you? I thought you liked them?". I tried the "Karren Hutton will kill me if I post Jean pictures" excuse ( For the record I miss Karren) but she wasn't buying it.

So I changed the outfit, into the jeans and one of the tops she bought Me, and started down the stairs. Unfortunately I miss guessed my footing on one of the stairs, caught my heel, and tumbled down a couple of stairs. I thought My SO was going to have a heart attack. Fortunately, I didn't twist my ankle or break anything other than embarrassment from the situation.

It got Me to thinking, Has anyone ever broke a bone, sprang an arm, or torn some muscle directly related to their CDing?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I haven't broken anything while cding, but I have nearly slipped while wearing pantyhose and walking to quickly on laminate flooring. Learned quickly not to do that again.

I've caught my heel on a staircase and have fallen down a couple of steps on two occasions. The first time left me with skinned knees but nothing broken. The second time, I suffered a bad bruise and determined to wear only flats or low-heeled pumps when in the house.

I once stepped on my maxi skirt going up the steps, and down I went onto the upper treads, luckily the stairs are carpeted, but my heart was racing thinking I was going to fall down the stairs and break my neck. I did bruise my forearm though.

A couple years ago I firmly planted the spiked heel of a pair of 8" stiletto platforms into a crack in a cobblestone walkway I was on. I twisted my ankle and ended up separating the upper half of the shoe from the sole in the process.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not yet.LOL

I have found wearing heels is dangerous for me! lol
    I pretty much gave up on them...

When I lived with my parents I once sprained both of my ankles at the same time cause I was dressed in the basement late at night and had on my stripper platform shoes and I heard my dad moving around upstairs getting a drink of water I about had a heart attack and it was kinda hard to explain why both ankles were hurting the next day lol

I walked into my nail salon one winter's day wearing 5" platforms, and just inside the door, slipped on a wet spot on the floor. My feet slid forward and I fell hard, flat on my back. Nothing was broken, but I definitely got the wind knocked out of me, and couldn't stand to sit up long enough for the pedicure I had scheduled that day. I spent two days in bed, and it took six months with weekly physical therapy before my back stopped aching constantly.

Another time, I twisted an ankle while wearing 6-1/2" heels in my front yard, and was out of commission for a couple of weeks. They are not meant to work on soft ground!

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    I tried the "Karren Hutton will kill me if I post Jean pictures" excuse ( For the record I miss Karren)
    I was away from this site for about a year and a half and have just recently come back. I noticed I didn't see any postings by Karen Hutton. What happened to her??
    Joni

Platinum Member
    Hi Joanne, So far so gook I am very careful when dressed.

I can just imagine the 911 Paramedics look .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

So Far so good (knock on wood) I try to be careful in the house as that is the only place dressed I am except for one car ride
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Not yet. Still trying, but not too hard. Glad to hear you're ok.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Back all those years ago when I got my first pair of heels I thought a few times there I was going to end up with something broken. I so desperatly wanted to learn to walk in them. I realized that I made a huge mistake getting six inch heels. I did sprain my ankle trying to walk up and down stairs in them. I later on bought some 3" heels which were much better.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Luckily, no.

However, I did fall once, coming down a flight of stairs at the club. I was wearing loafers, instead of heels, at the time.
    DonnaT

About a year ago I was trying out a new pair of 3" heels. I went down to the basement to get something from the freezer for dinner. I missed my step about halfway down, folding my leg backwards and landing on my knee going down the stairs. In my panic I grabbed both handrails, pulling both arms backwards, straining my chest and shoulder muscles on both sides. I didn't go for therapy or anything so it took about 4 weeks for me to recover.

You'ld think I learned my lesson but shortly after I recovered I was wearing the same set of heels going up the same set of stairs when I caught my toe in the hem of my skirt, landed on one knee and scraped both shins.

I'm much more careful now on any stairs in heels or skirts.

Wearing heels has never hurt me. But i have done my share of damage to them lol..
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

I've come very close once.. I walked to my car put my bag away went back to pay for the carpark and nearly tripped in 6 inch heels.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

I slipped on the floor and fell at a restaurant while totally en femme. The manager and several patrons all came to help me. I was in terrible pain - long story short, I had broken my femur. I was very fortunate that a patron's wife had a wheel chair and he helped me get to my car. My GW friend wanted to drive me home but that would mean that I could not get out of my car in my garage so I managed (with difficulty) to get home and into my house. Later, my friend told me that she was sure that no one realized I was a CD.

The next morning I had to call an ambulance to take me to a hospital (drab, of course)/.
    Hugs, Carole

Anyone know what happened to Karen hutton

Gone to live my life
    Hi Joanne,

Just a bruised ego and self esteem. It was very early in my exploration of Isha into the Vanilla world. I was wearing a light summer dress and sandals and had just started using public transit "en femme". I was exiting the bus, lost my footing and tripped out the doorway. Fortunately, a young man managed to grab me before I hit the ground but not quick enough to stop my dress from flying up over my hips. He was if anything a gentleman even after he realized I was a guy. So no broken bones, sprained ligaments or torn muscles . . . just a little embarrassment. If he had not caught me though, it would have been much worse as I would have been sprawled face first on the pavement.

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    I tried the "Karren Hutton will kill me if I post Jean pictures" excuse ( For the record I miss Karren) but she wasn't buying it.

It got Me to thinking, Has anyone ever broke a bone, sprang an arm, or torn some muscle directly related to their CDing?
    So Karren was right about jeans! Like the girl was about a lot of things ... but I'll still wear my jeans, just too comfy not to! Maybe I've been lucky, but outside of locking myself in my wife's car (duh....), I've done no physical damage (other than bra strap marks ), but then again I wear flats or sandals almost all of the time. (It's really what women wear most of the time down here..)

Hugs,

claire

PS -- you have a great SO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Twisted ankles from wearing stupidly "high" heels.

I was young then and probably less stupid though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    And now you know why I went with a single floor plan. No stairs to deal with.

I rolled a heel on uneven pavement and came down like a ton of bricks in front of an oncoming car. The car stopped with no problem but I came down so hard it ripped the side out of my 5" sandal and I had to ditch the shoes to finish the walk home. Next morning my foot looked like a tropical sunset and it took weeks for the bruising and swelling to go completely away. It was nobody's fault, but it's made me skittish about tall heels on the street.