Quote Originally Posted by Lisa9099 View Post
Thanks for your thoughtful response. He used your words exactly, he said meeting me is a "one in a million" opportunity. I guess this explains his generosity with me. I am glad that you wrote because I'm just trying to understand his mindset and where he's coming from and your response helped.
I wasn't saying that he was being generous for that reason. Just that it MIGHT be the reason. Easy enough to tell; watch how he treats people who can do absolutely nothing for him. Waitresses, garbage men, people at the fast food counter, sales staff, etc.; is he nice to them? Does he greet people or just walk past them staring straight ahead every time (of course, if he lives in a big city that can change things a bit, simply because you can't interact with that many people)? More than just polite, when someone does anything for him, does he truly thank them with a smile? Is he naturally drawn to animals? Kids? Does he help people for no reason? And I don't mean how he treats YOU. Most men will treat people nice when they want something from them. It's how they treat those same people when they DON'T want, or need, anything from them, that tells you what they're really like.