Thread: knowing when you've become more Comfortable Dressing?

knowing when you've become more Comfortable Dressing?

Yesterday December 30 my wife and I were browsing through a few Stores looking for just anything that caught our attention well I had not realized I was checking out the lingerie Dept. And Women's Dresses area while my wife was at the patio decor across the store I didnt feel weird or awkward it was just normal for me. We saw a few dresses and I would place them over my male clothes to check for look and fit around waist without a thought of anyone looking or care. Well on our way home my wife made a comment that I didn't expect but was so true. She said to me you have entered into your new role in life where you are comfortable with yourself and that is a very nice thing to see, you been shopping for the last few days with a smile on your face like I had not seen before you are truly happy I am so glad you are being yourself and not trying to hide or caring who is looking. I don't know how I didn't realize it but she was right. Then she followed with the assurance that she wouldn't want me to be any other way. We been married 20+ yrs and she is my soul mate for Life.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Great Story.

Great wife very insightful

WAY TO GO!!!! GF. I know. Right..
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

A nice way to be Natasha.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for the Support you all have given me in 2014 I do not wish to hide any longer on my profile picture so this is the real Natasha you all have a wonderful 2015 stay safe.

Great story Natasha and your wife sounds awesome! it has been the same for me too! it is amazing that over time we can go from not even daring to be anywhere near women's clothes in a store, to then be comfortable to browse on our own and not thinking what others think about us, Let alone go to the counter and buy them!!

Have a great 2015

Michelle

Hi Natasha, A few yrs back when my wife was getting to know me better we went shopping. In Florida there is a store Stine Mart , my wife an I were going thru all the dept. First I have to say we are the same size in all of our cloths and shoes. We had just enter the Blouse group when this women walked up to my wife an asked if she could rent me. We both looked at her , with OMG . She said to my wife that she had been watching us, an how I had been in all the Dept with her . Picking out cloth holding them to see how they looked upon each one of us. She pointed to her husband who was sitting in the front of the store looking at his watch, and that look on his face as to when in the heck are we getting out of here. She said then, only one thing why are you buying two of some things. I told her I was a cross dresser an dressed as a women. [ In drab then ] I told her we go out as sister sum times an like to dress alike. She turned to my wife an told her she wanted one. We all had a good laugh an went our own way. I bet she gave her Husband an ear full. Being your self an honest is the best way.

I Love your story I haven't had that happen yet but will look forward to something similar and if it happens I will definitely come back to share. Happy 2015...

Natasha, great story. While I haven't yet been shopping with my wife since I told her, she also realized how truly happy I have been once I let my secret out. What an empowering feeling! Now I am planning my first outing with great anticipation. Wondering what that will feel like. Can't wait. Thanks for the inspiring story.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Natasha,

What a lovely sentiment and what a lovely story . . .thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

I enjoyed your story. I've had the same experience and nearly the same conversation with Mimi!

I think that the turning point for me was when I stopped being conscious of being a CDer and simply started to enjoy the experiences I had. It was about the shopping, play, movie. etc. not the clothes I was wearing.

It does, of course, put us a bit further to the right on the Closet-to-TS spectrum!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    My moment was 11 days ago. While I had been out dressed before, my wife had been with me every time and no one else was with us. However, 11 days ago was my first time out with a group of 19 other crossdressers. These are my peers and while I did't think about it at the time, I fit right in. It never occured to me to try to act in a certain way or whatever. I wasn't acting, I was just playing myself.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Great story Natasha, I kinda began feeling this way this year too. Nice avitar picture too.

It is so nice when you can just enjoy the company of one another and be the real you. A supportive spouse is such a unique blessing. Thanks for sharing your story, and give that woman a big hug!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If I live to be a 100, I will NEVER be that comfortable out shopping, Natasha. Even in drab! Which is the only way I dress when shopping out in muggles land.

I'm completely comfortable dressing, tho. As long as it's at home, in private!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Natasha,
    Thanks for sharing, I shop alone but how lucky you are to have a wife who has realised what CDing means to you !
    It so hard to explain the happiness inside you without appearing selfish to those who don't understand !
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-01-2015 at 05:10 AM.