Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you see others out in public en femme?

Question How often do you see others out in public en femme?

Does anybody see this? I have on a few occasions in downtown Asheville, middle of the day and all.
    I am fascinated when I do, and have always been envious of them for having the courage to do this...
    One of my first trips out without any male clothes brought along was in the same general area of downtown Asheville, but my outing was at night.
    Still was quite fun indeed! How often do you see this when you are out? Or have you ever seen anybody at all?
    (I guess the city you are in probably makes a big difference)

Not very often - but I am not looking for men in dresses. I just smile at anyone who looks my way.

once, 2 weeks ago.
    Both of us en femme, I looked her way and smiled, she looked the other way and avoided eye contact.
    Either my outfit when I got my Santa photo (photo with Santa on my blog page) was realistic and she thought I was a GG, or she was just shy.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    In the last 6 or 7 years I have on countless occasions here in Winnipeg. Obviously the most common being at the LGBT* based bars & events, at the thrift stores and at kink community events. Other common sightings are on the buses (passengers and drivers!), in quiet coffee shops (most often accompanied with friends), working behind the counters of small stores, and while I am working during the early morning hours I see many enjoying their night based cruises/walks/McDonald's snacks.

Not to often but I do have regular encounters with cd employees at a couple places I shop at

I've occasionally thought I saw someone, but so far its only been when hanging out with others.

By the way Victoria, if I was near Asheville, I'd go to the Biltmore Estate en femme, I remember that place being absolutely gorgeous!

Banned Read only
    Only at a local gay bar

Gone to live my life
    Hi Victoria,

I suppose it is possible that I have seen a few of us in the wild but then again you can never truly know as my potential sighting could have gone either way . . . MtF CDer or a GG?

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Hi Victoria, It's been quite a while since I have seen what I thought was a CD.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I rarely see anyone. And they always seem to be avoiding contact via every means possible.

But if you are in Grand Rapids and see a CDer OUT enfemme in the general public, during the day as well as night, smiling, making eye contact, engaging others in conversation, answering questions, handing out Group business cards, handing out brochures for everything from "Own Your Gender" to Grand Rapids Crossdresser Social Group "The Grand Illusions" and providing information to people who know someone...........

Well that is me.

Because I have found that OWING it, not taking it too seriously, looking like I put some effort in to it, maybe looking a bit glamorous, teaching and helping instead of looking like a deer in the headlights, FOR ME it works. That it may be throwing them off a bit and thereby gaining some type of pity or compassion or just a secret chuckle. Maybe envy? And the people of Grand Rapids have been wonderful! West Michigan is a Great Place to be!

This is SO MUCH FUN!

Reality Check
    I can only remember one and that was 25 years ago in my former town. She was asking for help at the makeup counter in a drug store in the mall and the young girl at the register declined to help her.

I did encounter a transexual at a local beauty school where my wife and I went for some treatments a couple years ago. She was very attractive with prominent breasts and a low cut top but she had an adams apple and was about six feet tall. Other customers refered to her as "she".

I'm assuming seeing my own reflection in a store window doesn't count.
    Last edited by Krisi; 01-03-2015 at 09:10 AM.

I don't know for sure, but from what I've heard, the chances of running into a sister in Asheville might be a little bit greater than in a lot of other parts of the country. As for me, I don't know as I've ever run into one.

Platinum Member
    Very infrequently. It may simply be that I don't scour the crowds looking for people. I'm usually like anyone else, focused on doing my thing. I also have grown confident that despite my height, I'm seldom read unless there is personal interaction. I suspect the same is true for others out on the crowded Houston streets.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Several times they have found me. And it was embarassing because none of these times were their presentations very good. It's just me, but I am not interested in meeting other crossdressers. That said, not having yet met a very proficient one in publc, the door is not closed.

Once a year at the pride parade and festival, I see a lot of CD/TS people, other than that, one at the mall years ago. Before I moved here 15 years ago, I lived in a large city, and in 22 years I remember seeing maybe 3 over the years. But back then not many where that open, and now I'm in a small town, and we don't really have any venues to go out to.
    While I am a people watcher, I usually take people as they present, and don't look for things like beard shadow, or other tells, so I only see the ones that are very obvious.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Small town girl here. Needless, I never see anyone. It's either that or they're really good, or I'm clueless (which is entirely possible).

I know some do but I'm honestly not looking for them Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Once or twice a year at the most, but there have been many years with zero sightings. Everytime I've seen one of us they were shopping somewhere or another. Years ago I came face to face with a CD in the ladies' department and she knew she was outed. I looked away for a moment and when I looked back she vanished!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Platinum Member
    I do not go looking for cross dressers. I am more apt to be looking a well dressed women to admire their ensemble and poise. In my small city and surrounding area which is truly blue collar working class I have seen one particular cross dresser and his female companion twice. Both times he was attired to intentionally draw attention to himself. Two years ago I saw another cross dresser in a local Wal-Mart. He had a total lack of poise which only drew attention to himself. I only saw both drew attention to themselves, one intentionally and the other unintentionally, because, if they were GG's I would say the same. In all probability I have passed/encounters others who "blended" well and had the poise of a woman. Come to think of it, there was possibly a third I saw at my local Barnes and Nobles, but, I am still wondering....

Very rarely, then again I don't look out for anyone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Locally no, but on trips into the LA area yes. It’s a numbers thing, there are millions of people there, you are bound to see some girls without even trying. Thrift stores, swap meet, shopping in West Hollywood and more. All places I seen Girls.

Not very often which is way more than it used to be.

Wow, I never seem to see other CDers out and about- it makes me wonder sometimes. Once, I dressed all out to go to a local CD weekly event in a bar. When I got there, I started chatting with one of the gurls, and I was kind of shocked that she didn't even try to mask her male voice! Then many others started coming in the bar, some looked passable, others, not so much. For whatever reason, seeing so many other CDers kind of dampened my excitement. Maybe it was too much reality hammering my fantasy, but I ended up leaving soon after.
    Sorry I don't have a profile photo yet to post. Soon!

At one Goodwill store I frequent I have saw several over the years. I feel sure some males I see at Goodwill are cder's, dressed as males. They shop in the female cloths and never move away, unless someone gets to near them. I try and keep my distance from them and let them shop. If they move away...I move in.

Maybe two a year.