Thread: Shopping experience with my wife (Ross and Amazon)

Shopping experience with my wife (Ross and Amazon)

I've been bugging my wife to get a strapless dress since we moved to Hawaii, since the weather is awesome and I think she's a beautiful person. A month ago I brought it up again.

Me: You could totally rock a strapless flower print dress.
    Her: I don't have a strapless bra and dresses are expensive.
    Me: I can fix the bra part. How about we go to Ross? We could pick up a dress for like 10 bucks.
    Her: What's Ross?

Whoa. What's Ross? Like, only the best store on the planet!

So I ordered a stick-on strapless bra on Amazon (being quite familiar with them, since I use them to make some awesome cleavage for myself). It arrives and I tell my wife "Now we have the bra, let's head to Ross." So we do, and she is in shock. Never been to one, didn't know they existed. We find two cute strapless dresses as well as some other stuff for the home. My wife is loving it. She gets to spend her Christmas gift from me (gift card to MAC) as well, so it might just be the best shopping experience in forever.

We get back home and head upstairs to have her try on the dress. She is hesitant. I eventually get her to agree to have me show her how to use the bra. Once it's on, with the dress, she can't stop staring at it in the mirror. Go me! At this point I figure I'm in the running for the "Best Husband Ever" award!

Later that night I figured out what the hesitation was. She had never tried a stick-on strapless bra before, and when she saw it in the package she connected it with my crossdressing (which, to be fair, is true). In her mind, the shopping and the bra was all about "me" and not about "her." I finally made that clear to her once I got her into the bra and dress, and then all was well.

So, for anyone still reading, if your wife is hesitant, remember that she might view your knowledge as an afront to her femininity (my wife's exact words were "I'm a little embarrassed you know more about bras then I do!") but if you work through it and make it all about her, it can work out great in the end.

Great story.

Early in my relationship with my GF we were getting ready to go to a friend's wedding. She had bought, but never used, a stick on bra, so I proceeded to use my superior knowledge of the product to help attach it and then fasten the two parts together. WOW! What merely worked ok on me and helped with a little cleavage looked fantastic on her and made me jealous as hell.

Moral: nothing beats great boobage.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Gone to live my life
    Hey Jennifer what a great story thanks for sharing. Good advice for those in similar situations as shopping with your SO can seem like it is about you and we can lose sight of that fact sometimes.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    Jennifer,
    What a wonderful story, your wife trusts you enough to be persuaded to take the plunge, and what a great outcome ! I can only see shopping trips getting better !

For others trying your suggestions, I see me walking on very thin ice and I can't see my wife rushing to throw me a lifejacket !
    Maybe if I moved to Hawaii and she stayed in the UK the problems solved ! Oops more thin ice !!

Am I smiling for the sweet experience you had or Laughing at your Wife's comment.
    Oh My God.

Great Story Hon.
    I remember choosing the right Legging size for my wife ,based on my HOTEL CD Experience.
    She was going in for a XXL Size. I said "don't even think about that ,go for XL" with good confidence.
    Of course I can't say to her that I tried XL before and it was ok for my big size too.

I love shopping at Ross they have some of the best deals.

My wife shops more at Ross than any other store. If we go to another city close by she'll say we've got to stop at Ross. She loves Ross. Matter of fact I went there yesterday and bought a few things myself and for her.

I get compliments from my wife all the time stating I have wonderful taste in clothes and shoes. She loves the clothes and shoes I buy for her and myself. At times when I buy something that is new to her (like your example of a stick-on strapless bra) my wife gets a little nervous and kinda procrastinate about doing it. But then I show her how it's supposed to be done and she relaxes and feels better. It reminds me of an episode of King of Queens where Kevin James buys his wife a stripper pole and she is a total dork on the pole. He gets fed up with her and pushes her aside and gets up on the pole and rocks it like a superstar. Hilarious!

Thanks for sharing your story! Nikki

An awesome experience (and perhaps a little eye opening) for your spouse. Great plan to make it all about her, and thank you for sharing. I, too, have introduced my wife to several aspects of women's fashion that she admits she would have never tried without my guidance or gentle coaxing. Certainly one of the bright spots in our relationships.

Having rocked the boat a few times in the past, I pretty much play dumb any more about femme things with my wife. Although she was out buying pantyhose a couple of months ago and I steered her to the right size (reading the size chart, of course!). It is a thin line between our knowledge and our SO's feelings.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Great story Jennifer! Lots of fun that turned out good for the both of you! Hope you have a super long lasting relationship!

Platinum Member
    Those skills were put to good use. I bet she has gained a new appreciation of you and your special qualities.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes, Jennifer, what a great story! If other wives / GF's / SO's could realize that we might be able to help them with clothing and other choices, wouldn't that be wonderful! My wife has been worried about her disappearing eyebrows, so one of her Christmas stocking stuffers was a gift certificate to the beauty parlor where I get my hair cut -- manicure, brow job, and facial waxing (she's never had either of the latter). She is pleased with the results (me too ).

Aloha, and Mahalo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Lovely story that shows the way -- put your wife at the center of shopping and dressing experiences and make it fun for her, rather than a burden she has to endure. Big win. Congrats!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Jennifer...great story. But I found myself wondering about the details of the stick on bra. Can you PM me details? Or just post here for others as well? Thank you!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    A friend of mine - GG - texted me "I wish you were here to help me with some boob tape." My friends know who to ask for help.

Platinum Member
    Decades ago after my wife and I had "The Talk" she felt uncomfortable with me buying her a new nightgown or even going shopping together. She thought I was always thinking about how "I" would look in it. It took awhile for her to finally realize cross dressing had nothing to do with her.

Great story Jennifer. As we can see there really are some benefits to others because of our CD experiences. It is also nice to see that your other side is not totally out of site and out of mind. You may have made better progress with her than you think. Thanks for sharing.

Great story and a good reminder about always remembering how our SO feels. They are the ones who can really make this all feel so special!

I have to ask @Genifer, what the heck is boob tape?