Thread: My first outing is now planned!

My first outing is now planned!

I plan on making my first step out in the real world next week! To say I am excited and nervous all in one would be an understatement! I am attending a local support group meeting which I hope will be a great first experience. Being such a momentous occasion I plan on treating myself to some new things! I will have a wig consultation this week for some new hair as I want a good wig versus what I have today. I need to purchase a warm coat, scarf, gloves and new boots as it is quite cold here in Alberta! I am Sure I will also do some shopping for a new outfit, maybe a dress (or 2) or a skirt & top! I will just need to decide on what to wear including what shoes to take with me to wear at the event! To top it off I have booked a professional make-up application. I want to leave nothing to chance with my appearance! I am so excited!

That's great news! You're so lucky to have a support group. That's kind of a very impossible thing for me here. That assures you'll have a great time! Best of lucks! Upload some pics of your look for the occasion
    Hugs!
    Gabriela

Wow, Stephanie -- you certainly are being Prepared! A lot more than most of us on that First Big Night Out! It will be an experience you will remember for a long time -- ENJOY and let us know how it goes!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Banned Read only
    I hope it all goes well for you Stephanie. I can still remember my first time out. What a rush! Now remember to put your house key in your purse. You don't want to be locked out on your first adventure.

Platinum Member
    Hi Stephanie, That all sounds wonderful, Make a list and check things off so you don't forget anything.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds like good planning. Have fun!

Take your cell and a camera and be prepared in case some want to go out dancing afterward...lol...if they do...GO...haha...have a great time, darling!

Oh, God, to be 40 again...haha
    Last edited by samantha rogers; 01-03-2015 at 07:50 PM.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Stephanie,
    Why not go out this week?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you! My first time out last summer was so exciting

Can't wait to hear how it goes. Planning something similar in a few weeks for my first time!!!! That's all I have been thinking about.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Good for you, Stephanie! My first support group meeting was a real milestone in my progress as Amy. That was March 2013; by November, I was asked to take over as organizer of the group. I love my group; it always helps me feel more "centered" in my feminine identity. I love helping my sisters as well.

Good luck!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Yay! I was just doing the same thing not too long ago. My first time was great and the group I met with was wonderful and welcoming. Have lots of fun (sounds like you will)!

I thought I was going overkill when I planned for my first time out (Halloween), but you are on another level! That is definitely a good start! Enjoy your night at the meeting, and please keep us up-to-date. We are very curious

I'm happy for you! Have fun and keep us posted!

Well my first outing this week went very well! As I mentioned I had done some extreme shopping and prep prior and also had my first professional make up application. This was actually one of the highlights for me. She did a great job on my makeup and I was pleased with the results! When I actually stepped out and headed for the meeting I was attending I felt more comfortable then I thought I would. I felt confident and calm in what I was doing! I finished off the night after returning by trying on the rest of my purchases as I didn't want the night to end!
    Just trying to be the real me!

What a wonderfull result for you, so pleased that it all went well and you finished the night with your new purchases, It is like you don't want the night to end.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Congratulations on your first outing! And that is great it met your expectations. It has to feel so great when it goes this way. For not wanting the night to end, I see what you mean, it is actually every time I become Karolyn, it takes forever for me to switch back.

My turn is next, your story and the one of a few other people here will really motivate me going to first outing. Thanks for that.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stephanie,

Sounds like a great first step out and you definitely have a great plan (makeover, new wig, shopping). Enjoy and don't forget to update us on your return from the meeting.

Hugs

Isha

Hi Stephanie,

So glad it went well -- after all of that planning, how could it not? I certainly did not feel all that confident my first time out -- it's great that you did!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

It's great to hear that it went well. You're planning and prep sure paid off.

Venturing out for the first time en femme is a roller coaster of emotions but well worth the effort and this is one experience you will never forget.

Sound like you have not let anything to chance.

Enjoy your girly night out and have fun
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

The closest I can get to leaving the house dressed is going out on the balcony...

I think I'll have the courage before long though. Best of luck on your first step out.