Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you Take the Miracle Cure for Cross dressing if there was one?

Nope, I am me and that is good enough for my wife

Banned Read only
    No, it would mean I would have to purge and that ain't happenin'...

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    As much as I enjoy dressing when I'm doing it, I honestly would not mind being relieved of the desire to crossdress - it just makes life so much more complicated ...

What am I going to do with all this stuff, then? What about all the hours I spent on honing my makeup skills? What a waste.

By the way, there's a miracle cure, it's called "self-control", but I have little of it.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    No, but my wife might just slip that particular pill into my morning coffee when I wasn't looking.
    Ditto. I love my life.

I'm so happy to hear how many members are responding with a solid NOPE.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

If it completely removed all desire to crossdress then absolutely.

Aspiring Member
    I would probably take the cure, but then I would feel bad about the money I wasted on clothes and makeup.

I would say no

If you need a cure, it's called transition. Guaranteed to rid you of your desire to cross-dress... Side-effects may include happiness, learning who your real friends are, and financial hardship. But if there is no suffering, what's the problem?
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

NO times 1,000.000. I lovethe way I am.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by iGenny View Post
    Always nice to see a DS9 reference.

Anyway, while I don't like the word "cure" because of what it implies, I admit I'd rather have another way to express this part of myself.
    I'm really disappointed that everybody's passing over that, since I said "yes" and offered as a cure the ability to change my body at will. You know, turning the question on its end.

*sigh* I guess I should be used to that by now, heh.

In any case, I *do* love the character development of Dax, even though I don't like Dax personally. I like the way she's been a he and a she and a he and had kids and so forth, but is right now a single woman unburdened by family, and called "Old Man".

When I was younger the answer would have been yes. But then I was concerned with what others thought. Now, not a chance.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    No, I definitely wouldn't. I can no longer deny the Amy side of myself. I make a good and beautiful woman, and I love being that woman.

The more interesting question is, would I take the miracle cure that turned me into a woman permanently? That I'm unsure about.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Yes, life would be simpler.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    No. There is nothing to cure.

Not at all. Dressing has always been a positive thing for me and I've never wished it would go away.

NO NO. NO
    Not sick , Like some said the only cure is transition ........

Although crossdressing doesn't take up much of my time because I'm just as aroused by the idea of CDing as I am of actually doing it, I would love to be rid of this business so I could concentrate more on my orchard and garden and other projects that are a more constructive use of my time. So, yes, I'd take the cure in a heartbeat.

Funny how this reminds me of a story I once heard. A man of good fortune and wealth was in his backyard cooking out and enjoying time with his family. Suddenly, a large space ship lowers itself to the ground. Out steps an alien, who looks very human, and he says, "This is your lucky day! We're here to rescue you. Climb aboard and we'll get away from this wretched place forever!"

Anyway, I would not accept "the cure" because I'm sure I would inherit something else in it's place. I'd rather deal with the devil I know.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

That would be a

SOLID no. Why would I want to stop doing my most favorite thing to do?
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

The word "cure" is probably for lack of a better term. Those who say there's nothing to cure because its not an illness are in their right to say so.
    Be that as it may, if this could be taken from my psyche I go with those who say yes. I relate to Alice's sentiment. I have slipped out of church attendance as well. However, I have also learned that God understands my heart and does not reject me nor anyone else because of the things we cannot change about ourselves. For those who don't believe in God, please excuse my mention of Him and the ignorance of my fellow Christians. Many of them just go along with what they are told without thinking for themselves or checking things out for themselves. We have a lot of free thinkers here and I applaud every one of you even if we don't agree on some ideas. But back to the question, I would change things about myself if I could, including my interest in cross dressing. People get along just fine without it, so I know that is possible. But after years of trying, I know I am not one of them. So be it.

At this point, probably not.

But as long as we're talking fantasy pharmaceuticals, how about a pill to cure those intolerant people out there who are rude, judgmental, and intentionally cause such pain and humiliation in those of us who just want to live our lives in peace, comfort and happiness? That's an illness for which a cure is desperately needed.

Put me down in the "NO" crowd! This is fun!

No a chance. It took my entire life for me to realize this is who I am. Now that I have, I'm happy with being me