Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you Take the Miracle Cure for Cross dressing if there was one?

Banned Read only
    Natasha,
    If you were looking for a cure maybe we should look for something to cure the ones round us who think we need curing !

After fifty years of the rollercoaster ride of CDing even to the point of considering suicide I never ever wanted it to go away ! The reason most of us go through the torture is the lack of understanding and acceptance ! I've got to the point that I realise it's not going away so the hiding has got to stop, I need to be more open and accepted with it
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-04-2015 at 06:10 AM.

Although I enjoy it, I probably would take the cure. It has made life more complicated and I'm risking a lot by doing it. Maybe I could just buy more nice clothes for my wife instead and enjoy her feminity even more.
    Last edited by Sarah Louise; 01-04-2015 at 06:11 AM.

My biggest concern with cross dressing is the cost. I like nice things, and unfortunately nice things aren't cheap.

The only reason I would take a "cure" is to save money, but I suppose that goes for any pass time, doesn't it?
    -Lucy

Would you Take the Miracle Cure for Cross dressing if there was one?
    Absolutely.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

How could I part with something that has been a part of my life and psyche for decades? Not only is it bound up with my sexuality, it is interwoven with my very being. If it was removed I would have to say goodbye to a large part of my life. For me cross dressing, despite all of the frustrations has been a huge comfort.
    Today I read in the Houston Chronicle about a church in Katy called the "Man Church". It struck me that I could never be a part of that congregation for a host of reasons, not the least of which is that I don't feel at all like the sort of old fashioned male that they aspire to be.
    No, I am a fetishistic cross dresser and have been so since the age of five. No going back and no desire to.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Only if it was the perfect cure. I clap my hands twice and instantly and I am the mind's eye woman of current desire. I clap twice again and revert back to drab.
    Now that's a cure!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

When I was 20--sure thing. It would have avoided so much secrecy, sneaking around, lying and the guilt, feelings of inferiority, and problems with my social life. But now...I realize that there are many others just like me. Millions more. I accept myself, mostly. Don't plan to purge my closet any time soon.

Now that I'm out to my family and friends? Hell no. Prior to coming out when having the secret was rotting me from the inside out? Probably.

No no no!

No Nooooh nada niet never
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

Cure what. Being happy. I found my cure. Cross Dressing

Well said kkaye!

NOT NO BUT HELL NO GF...The only way i would give this up is to go full time and that ain`t been an option right now hun love ya ........ TONYA.....
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

"By the way, there's a miracle cure, it's called "self-control", but I have little of it."

Zylia, That hardly sounds like a cure to me. Having to exercise "self control" by fighting, resisting, ignoring and denying myself is not a way to define a "cure" from where I find myself. I would gladly have my "condition" gone from my life and mind for my wife's sake. She is the only reason, at this point in time, that I have not gone 24/7. If I could "take the cure" I would sacrifice myself for her. For myself, if by myself, I would throw my singular pair of men's underwear in the trash (which I haven't worn in over two years) and be done with any presentation as a male at all, ever again.

Stephanie

Cure would imply something is wrong. Since this isn't wrong it's really kinda of a moot point in my opinion.

But if simply asked to get a yes or no answer the answer would be a very strong "NO"

Charlotte

On the surface it sounds like a good deal, but being TG is a part of me that has guided me to this point in my life. That includes the wonderful people I've met and I wouldn't want to lose them. So, sorry, but no deal.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I don't think I would. I enjoy it too much.

I just don't think I'd wish for a miracle cure for my crossdressing...I so understand more about women, how gentle and tender my feminine side is and I truly appreciate them more. I love feeling feminine.

I think the symptoms of the repression, guilt, self-questioning, etc., that one often feels - particularly before figuring out we're not alone in this - is what is worthy of a "cure". For me that was self-acceptance, which I found through research on many websites like this one. A new pair of strappy slingbacks sure helps too!

Not a chance I do not change who I am to fit into a narrow social norm.

Absolutely not. This is the way I have been since childhood. This what I am and always will be. Sure there have been ups and downs along the journey of life but that goes for everything and not just CD'ing.
    To have a "cure" would fix other people's view of me and not mine.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Sure, I'd take it as long as it was part of a cocktail with a devastatingly handsome, full head of hair, unbelievably charming, and disgustingly rich pills.

My wife has said for a very long time now that she would like to see me 'cured'. I prefer not to be although CDing has caused a great deal of trouble in my life.

No! No! No! i would not take a cure for something that makes up me!

Yeah! This "hobby" has been a millstone around my neck since I was 10 years old. I mean I enjoy the fetish but you have to be alone all the time and have to keep that facet of your personality under wraps. That takes effort and it's always at the back of your mind, it also has taken away from possible relationships and time that could have been better spent doing more productive things---not to mention all the money I would have saved over the past 50 years!!!!