Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You realized your "passing" fantasy was just a passing fantasy when:

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    When you see your shoulders look too wide with a tank top on, so you put a short sleeve shirt over it and discover your biceps look too big, so you put a sweater over that shirt only to discover it's 90 degrees outside.

When in an effort to contour your makeup to divert attention away from your nose and chin you look in the mirror and see a Kabuki actor staring back.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I realized it when one sneeze ripped the shoulder seams out of the sheer blouse I was wearing.

After getting dressed to kill, and going out with some GG's, the asshole bouncer calls you "Sir" after looking at your ID.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieSimms View Post

..you bought the supersized press on nails marketed to CDs and the biggest one only covers half your thumbnail.
    cure for this I grow My thumbnails much longer than my other nails , not many people notice though.
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

Quote Originally Posted by OverTheStarlight View Post
    ... you put on a back zipper dress the wrong way round when both sides look the same.
    ... you momentarily forget your outward appearance and speak in your usual male voice.
    ... you use the toilet at home standing while dressed.
    LOL….beeeen there! And there... and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    The hair and makeup is flawless! The new outfit is perfect. Then you get to your truck and realize there is no way in hell you can get into it in a girly way with the pencil skirt and heels you picked out!
    Wanna borrow my car? I have an old 4.5 liter BMW, probably the only passing I'm going to do will be other cars on the 5 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    You read a comment on CD.com and only understand 50% of the terminology. What on earth are ponte pants? And the last part sounds appalling, like being dragged along a road by an alien.
    My SO is a GG and we DADT?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    -you turn around to some jerk calling you out in the shopping mall and say, "Oh yeah, M_____? This dude in a dress is going to kick your ass!"
    If I ever go out, I’m going out with you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Denier View Post
    Oh, lord -- the freight costs for the wardrobe trunks would kill us
    ROTFL!! Wardrobe? What about the make up? Does foundation come in drums?

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    You just finish your makeup, put on your wig, and then decide to trim the bangs. The cut ends stick to the foundation so you now look like Ms Harry Wolfwoman.
    OMG ROFL.. I’ve so done that! And they didn't turn out even because it got in my eyes... don't look too close at my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    When you see your shoulders look too wide with a tank top on, so you put a short sleeve shirt over it and discover your biceps look too big, so you put a sweater over that shirt only to discover it's 90 degrees outside.

When in an effort to contour your makeup to divert attention away from your nose and chin you look in the mirror and see a Kabuki actor staring back.
    LOL...I just crank the air in my closet... and slather more plaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    I realized it when one sneeze ripped the shoulder seams out of the sheer blouse I was wearing.
    Bummer!! Ever break a zipper after it’s up? I carry industrial grade scissors in my purse for emergency bailout, since my harrowing narrow escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi_83 View Post
    After getting dressed to kill, and going out with some GG's, the asshole bouncer calls you "Sir" after looking at your ID.
    This doesn't count, I bet he didn’t know till he saw your ID! Then he had to play it cool to cover up the fact he thought you were smokin' hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roli F View Post
    cure for this I grow My thumbnails much longer than my other nails , not many people notice though.
    Ooooh, wonderful trick! I’m so trying that.. I’ve figured out growing and painting them is the only way.. and I'm loving the bonus petrochemical intoxication factor. Hey! I'm a functional polisher, dammit!
    Last edited by JessicaJHall; 01-12-2015 at 01:32 AM.
    CD? I'm never cross when dressed
    More like HF.. Happy Femulator. Julie's Flickr page
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

Hi Julie, your right about top half and bottom half lol, ive always thought that a crossdresser could make a lot of money if they were handy with a sowing machine 👯 Emma.

The first time you try applying makeup, you look like the good witch of the east; the second time the wicked witch of the west. The third time, Godzilla.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I like the one about the restaurant closing - I will never, ever hassle women again about the time it takes to get ready since it takes me twice as long!
    Last edited by Betty IA; 01-07-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: hit enter too soon

I like that too.. funny and true. But for me getting ready is the fun part anyway but takes me at least 4X the time

Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    The first time you try applying makeup, you look like the good witch of the east; the second time the wicked witch of the west. The third time, Godzilla.
    LOL! I always think I look like Baby Jane...
    CD? I'm never cross when dressed
    More like HF.. Happy Femulator. Julie's Flickr page
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    -you turn around to some jerk calling you out in the shopping mall and say, "Oh yeah, M_____? This dude in a dress is going to kick your ass!"
    I've thought about that but never said anything.

When guys whistle I always think "If you only knew...."

These are all so good!

Thank you for the laughs!

... when even your TG friends mis-gender you.

Best wishes
    MsVal

the laughs are great. Thank you for starting this thread julie.
    -kat
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

I think I was 14; when I realized that even though I was easily able to fit and look good in my sister's outfits, and had beautiful long hair too, and there were enough girls my height (I was about 5'10" at that time), nothing could hide my size 14 clown shoe sized feet.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    ... half your phone sticks out of your (women's) jeans, whose pockets are obviously not meant to hold phones.
    (Corollary to the above – you realise your jacket pockets do not otherwise exist - just an aesthetic addition at best.)
    ... you nonchalantly sit in an unfeminine manner on the subway or equivalent despite being dressed to the nines.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    When you have more hair on your butt than your head.

Reality Check
    "you realize you are a size 14-16 above the waist and an 8-10 below"

That's when the light bulb in our head goes on and we buy ourselves a pair of padded hips and butt. It amazes me how so many crossdressers will get themselves all dolled up, even tape their breasts for cleavage and then take photos or walk around town without attending to that area.

Silver Member
    You finally get up the nerve to shop enfemme and realize even though it is 98 degrees outside in order to "PASS" a lady's capris and a tee won't cut it without layering with a cute 3/4 sleeved cardigan. You'll be a sweaty mess in ten minutes. Heck go in drab, shorts and a tank and you are golden!

The size 14 top and 12 bottom hits home

When your fingerless lace sissy gloves smell like Hoppe's No. 9

Quote Originally Posted by JulieSimms View Post
    This doesn't count, I bet he didn’t know till he saw your ID! Then he had to play it cool to cover up the fact he thought you were smokin' hot.
    Thanks, I wish, but the closer you are to a gay or TG club, the harder it is to pass.

okay so these have already come past this fledgling CD'er ...

1. You need a handkerchief cos tissues just don't cut it.
    2. An urge to scratch your balls in public?
    3. Indecisive at the public conveniences - which one?
    4. All the women in the shopping centre seem to know the shop whose name is emblazoned on your new boots box is a TG/CD-only shop in effect, and look at you "in that way".
    5. last night's curry is creating a wind-storm?

xxx