Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetically, Almost Famous

Hypothetically, Almost Famous

Here is a hypothetical scenario, (NOT REAL!) followed by some questions I've been wondering about.

Say one day you were perusing the website, and came across a fellow CD, that not only looked great, but also somewhat "familiar". You check out her "latest threads" and "latest posts" and note she resides just outside Los Angeles. You send a friend request, she accepts, and over time you develop a friendly on-site relationship. You chat often, and find out you have a lot in common. Then one day, while chatting, she tells you that she has something to confide in you, contingent that you keep it secret.

Then she drops the bomb - she is a famous Hollywood actor!

On paper, I think most of us would keep this secret quiet, and play it cool...however....
    Would you tell any of your other trusted close friends on the site (or be tempted)? Would you ask her a ton of questions?...request an autographed photo of her dressed as a woman? Maybe even ask if she wanted to hang out in person?

Atlernatively, is there any celebrity out there that you believe might be a CD?, or one that might make a good CD?
    Last edited by pixitrace; 01-05-2015 at 10:50 PM.

I imagine a celebrity would take great care to keep this hidden if they did not want it to go public. I don't think they would send out an autographed photo of themselves in drag unless they were completely comfortable in the fact that picture is going to go public sooner or later.
    "You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough." - Chinese Fortune Cookie, 1-27-13

I understand human nature and the need to share some things told us in confidence. I do, however, try especially hard to respect that when someone I like specifically asks me to keep a secret, I need to keep that secret if I answer "Yes" to the question. Therefore, in a case like this where we should have a strong respect for other's confidentiality, we must make every effort to keep that secret a secret. Otherwise, we should be honest and tell them not to share their secret. So, please do not share that secret with me or others and earn even greater respect from your new friend. I would guess that just like a lot of us she needs someone to talk to and share this side of her. Please respect her wishes, and good luck with that.

Aspiring Member
    I once found out that someone was a cd. She was an acquaintance rather than a friend and I found out from a third party. The third party did not disclose this to me, I was able to figure it out by a few clues. The third party emphatically told me not to say anything, as this knowledge would probably result in this person losing her job. My first thought was if I said something, the first question would be how did you find out. My answer of course would be that the girl that was doing my makeup told me.
    Do you think that would have outed me to the person I was talking to?
    I never said anything about my acquaintance, and I wouldn't say anything about the actor.

I seem to recall that in one of Peggy Rudd's books, she showed a photo of a CD with information indicating that the CD was a very popular musician, and I've always wondered who she was. Other than that, I suspect that Tony Curtis was a CD, based on things I've heard him say in various interviews and stuff.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Just a footnote: this is purely hypothetical and not based on personal experience!
    I never have anything interesting to post...so I thought I'd throw something a bit weird out there. thx!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pixitrace View Post

Atlernatively, is there any celebrity out there that you believe might be a CD?, or one that might make a good CD?
    I mentioned this once on here...but I really believe it....I think Pharell might be a cd....he is just too dam pretty, and has the skinny boy look....and style, and creativity....

That one's easy. Turn the tables and think how YOU would like to be treated if YOU were that person. With respect.

Any communication I have on this website remains confidential between me and the other person.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Never tell, famous actors are allowed to be humans too
    My guess is those famous actors have probably already had movie parts where they played out this role.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    My mother taught me a lesson years ago that has worked out well for me ever since. Loose lips sink ships. If entrusted with a secret, never tell. Go to the ends of the earth and through hell but never reveal your secret unless lives are at stake. Then be really sure those lives are at stake.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Well, I might not be a famous Hollywood actor but I have been in 9 movies, 6 different TV series and 2 commercials. Just about two hours ago I told a female friend of mine who I thought would be okay with crossdressing and she totally was. Actually she's more famous than me. If I told everyone who she was some people would recognize her.
    Anyway I'm feeling pretty good.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

twins.jpg

OK! Fine! You got me; I'm really David Duchovny!

Actually that's a total lie, but I am told we look alike. You know, when I'm not wearing a dress and makeup.

As for the original question, I'd keep it to myself mostly because fame doesn't do anything for me. My previous career put me in the path of a few celebrities, and for the most part, these folks are ordinary, working people. I'd respect their privacy.
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    Well, I might not be a famous Hollywood actor but I have been in 9 movies, 6 different TV series and 2 commercials. Just about two hours ago I told a female friend of mine who I thought would be okay with crossdressing and she totally was. Actually she's more famous than me. If I told everyone who she was some people would recognize her.
    Anyway I'm feeling pretty good.
    That's awesome. I have been in one movie and now I'm trying to make some of my own.
    Just doing shorts for now .. a feature in a couple years.
    flicker on a TV screen... everything's more than it seems
    the mighty backward fall, stare at the lights on the wall
    and I swear to this - she felt like velvet

1. I would keep the secret and wouldn't have any trouble with. I'm very able to keep secrets and on a side note I don't give anything about celebrity statuses.

2. No I would suspect any celebrity to be a CD, but then again I don't give myself the time or chance to think about it cause I don't care.
    do not label me for i am unique

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Since many actors are pretty (and I mean actors male, not actresses), slim and toned, and obviously love role playing, I think it highly likely that there are many who CD. Same in the pop music profession, ballet and other pro dancers; hairdressers, make up artists, the fashion and advertising industries- basically anywhere body image-oriented.

As for who in Hollywood, there are so many likely candidates that I wouldn't know where to start. I crossdressed at parties there a number of times and nobody ever batted an eyelid- in fact it was a good icebreaker.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I would never tell anyone, I can keep secrets and would never betray someone who trusted enough to tell me they CD

Gone to live my life
    I would keep it a secret as the person regardless of their status has the right to privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by TinaZ View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]238888

OK! Fine! You got me; I'm really David Duchovny!
    Tina . . . OMG . . . thanks for the great photoshop and laugh for the day. I will never be able to watch another episode of Californication againg without a chuckle.

Hugs

Isha

Of course - a confidence is a confidence... your secret would be safe with me...

Play it cool? Yeah... Ton of questions? Too right...! Hang out in person...?? Definitely cool... Who couldn't feel the allure of Hollywood celebrity... can't imagine why they'd want to hang out with me, but this is fantasy, right?

Actually - stretch that fantasy a bit further... How about you got to make friends with a celebrity GG who was a passable FtM CDer...? And that they wanted to hang out with you as a MtF CDer..?? (Get where this is going.... )

The prospect of someone like, I dunno... Hilary Swank? (I'm thinking more androgynous... heck, no - I'm just off on a fantasy... ) I think that would be cool to be out as a reverse-order couple... Hmmmm... let me ponder that one for a while...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I can keep a secret Traci as I was in Intel in the Army but mostly because I was taught by Katy Winters in old Ice Blue Secret commercials on TV.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I NEVER divulge ANYTHING that someone tells me in confidence. If it is necessary to repeat it, I will ask for permission first. And if someone else grills me with multiple choice answers I will say that I can not answer. Because I was outed that way to someone who WAS close to me. Respect other people only because it is the right thing to do.

Aspiring Member
    This is an easy one. You don't tell, under any circumstances, even if you fall out later.

I have some sympathy for famous people who cross-dress. How do they buy clothes? I could name celebrities who have been reported as cross-dressing, or speculate on the "household name" UK politicians who supposedly do, but what would that achieve? No one seems to have suffered even where it is "known".

I would not go so far as to describe shop owners as friends but they know I am a man and are very nice to me. A couple became friends and when they asked what I did for a living I told them. No one has ever done anything to 'out' me. I am not remotely famous but I work in a sector of public interest. As such I am sometimes asked to appear on TV or have my photograph in the papers and I mainly say no but sometimes agree - or I do radio or work off camera. As far as I know there are no images of me in any form on the internet (apart from a single blurred distant shot) and I hope to keep it that way but not to the point of obstructing my work. Partly this is in case I get recognised when shopping but mainly for personal privacy which has nothing to do with my crossdressing.

I have always been fortunate in who I meet when dressed, and in fact overall in life. My experience is that most people have principles and are moral - or do I just live a sheltered life? Or maybe you reap what you sow.

If I found out, I'd be able to keep it a secret because I usually forget.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

My MO is to treat everything I am told as confidential unless they tell me otherwise. So all conversations are confidential unless they tell me that I can tell people. Guess that comes from being in a world of client privilege for so long.

And yes, loose lips sink ships....and leak when you drink....

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

I agree with Erin. I do not reveal anything told me, period, unless I have specific instructions to do so. This has 2 aspects; it keeps my privacy and also any information someone gives me is not mine to reveal. When asked about it, I don't answer; this is very disconcerting to nosy types and, frankly, I enjoy seeing their frustration.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)