Thread: Pretty sure..

Pretty sure..

As some of you may know, I recently had to cut out a LOT of my girly expressions as I had become (dun, dun DUNNNN!!!) Management. I got to keep my pony-tail, for which I am thankful, but I am wearing Hagar slacks, button-front shirts and wing-tips on a daily basis.

Except for 'Casual Fridays'.

One of the two guys I report to I have pretty much nailed as gay. This past Friday I was sending mixed messages. Women's wrangler jeans, nice (matching) patterned socks, blue Under-Armor tee and a nice, soft flannel shirt.

We were talking at lunch. I was parked a$$ first against the counter, stretched.. and caught him scoping me out. You know when you are interacting with someone and you *see* that PING of recognition? Yah, I got that.

Does it change my day to day? No. It is just nice that I may have an 'allly' in here.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Casual Friday? I thought that notion died a long time ago when it became casual every day.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Nope.. I gotta sport creases on my pants and stiffness in my collar at my level.

We are about to move into new office space with the parent company... Konica/Minolta, and the impression I have heard is that 'we dress like slobs'.

My pony tail quivers in fear. My beard is hiding under the bed. My tie collection is ecstatic, but who listens to THEM anyway?

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 01-11-2015 at 09:53 AM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

It is nice to know that we have allies around us!! Hope the Merger works out for you!!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...