Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you feel the 1st time you went out in public

How did you feel the 1st time you went out in public

Taking the step of dressing up and heading out tomorrow but very nervous. Any tips, girls.

Sexy. Excited beyond belief. Scared out of my mind.

I can't say how much of that might apply to you. CDing for me was always a very sexual activity, so that's why "sexy" came first; for most transsexuals, that would probably not be the case. And since my style was to create a feminine identity that was boldly and blatantly sexual, I was not trying to "blend in," and that heightened both the excitement and the fear.

That's just this one "girl's" response to your question. I'll be interested to see what others say.

Whatever your outing means to you, best of luck. Enjoy being who you are.

just like going to prom or on your first date or getting married. You think of a million things that could happen and it usually ends up a non event
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Keep telling yourself that no one cares. It's true. If you skulk about, you draw attention. Behave as if you are in guy mode.

Now, while the above is true, you have to dress appropriately for the time of day, location, weather and your age if you do not want to draw attention to yourself.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 01-06-2015 at 06:38 PM.

I am going to a bar with a female friend so thinking skirt blouse and short heels.

The first time I went out I was VERY nervous and VERY scared not to mention VERY nervous. I only had a couple things go wrong but they weren't very major. The very first person to see me dressed was a man sitting up against a wall in the alley I was walking down in order to get to my car. I didn't see him until it was too late to turn around. Seeing me didn't seem to phase him. I drove around town for quite awhile stopping every now and then to take a walk around a city block. On my last walk I was all of a sudden met by about seven teen girls. They were all gabby and not paying attention to me except for one. She stared daggers into me trying to figure out what she was looking at. I quickly turned around after I passed them and sure enough she was still looking at me.

All in all though it was a success. I tried shopping trips after that on various occasions with much success also.

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    I felt like a goddamn rock star.
    I was stuck in the lobby of the hotel for FORTY FIVE minutes with a long line of people waiting to take their picture with me one after another.

I think it was some kind of critical mass effect.. once it started everyone else wanted in.
    flicker on a TV screen... everything's more than it seems
    the mighty backward fall, stare at the lights on the wall
    and I swear to this - she felt like velvet

My first time I felt like a deer on the first day of hunting season. I thought for sure everyone would be watching me, staring, knowing and pointing fingers whispering.
    After about an hour I realized they were all so busy with their own piece of the world and what they had to accomplish that they hardly noticed me. That calmed me some. What really set me at ease was a little while later when we attended our 2nd Tri-Ess meeting. At the end one of the girls stood up and said, "ok, who's going to the diner?". I thought what the heck and went along. We were treated like royalty by the staff and they made us feel so at ease.
    That first step is the hardest. After that it's just one foot in front of the other, just like everyone else you'll see.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hell-o Sarah,
    Not knowing what your plans are, my advice for you would be just enjoy yourself.
    Remember that most people out there are so busy doing their own thing and most won't even
    give you any attention. Those that do are not out to make a big deal about you.they will see a
    person enjoying life.
    My first time out was to a mall, just walking through, stopping to look at a few things, no one cared.
    Second trip, back to the mall met manager at Express, she helped me pick out some jeans, totally a pleasant
    experience. 3rd time, meeting friends in SanFrancisco for drinks and dinner. Chatting with staff at each place, other patrons
    as we waited for a table. It was amazing.
    Biggest advice own it, and remember... No one cares!
    Have fun!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I was about as comfortable as a feline at an AKC convention.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Apprehensive, nervous all the normal things.
    Once you do it you will see its not that big a deal.
    Dress to blend is the key.
    Don't go out dressed like a hooker and go to the city park at midnight.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-06-2015 at 05:26 PM.

it felt so natural and right weirdly.. as i was expecting to be really paranoid. once the nerves are out the way just enjoy being you

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Apprehensive, nervous all the normal things.
    Once you do it you will see its not that big a deal.
    Dress to blend is the key.
    Don't go out dressed like a hooker and go to the city park at midnight.
    Dress to blend haha.
    I am 6'4" and wore 6" heels.

Embrace and love yourself.
    flicker on a TV screen... everything's more than it seems
    the mighty backward fall, stare at the lights on the wall
    and I swear to this - she felt like velvet

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    More power to you Haydee LOL

Sorry for the sports analogy, but remember in mid season when you are in about the best shape of the season. You know your position and know the plays, you are all prepared but right before the game you get that sick to the stomach nervousness that some how disappears as you get on the field. Yup, the same thing. Even now, all the prep, dressing just right for the venue, the drive over and that pit of the stomach feeling as you park and open the door. But, somehow, between the car and the destination, that same calmness settles in. You are prepared, you know what you are doing and by golly I just feel pretty today.
    From all that I have read and heard, I didn't ask to be transgender but if that is what I am then I want to full advantage of my life, it's the only one I'll get.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    I was maybe 19 so... Scared Sh*tless.
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Go with a friend

just get dressed and go out with confidence. just enjoy being yourself. I remember When I went out first time. I was little nervous but once I stepped out from my home I enjoyed that first outing. Just Do it.

Good advice from all the ladies, thank you xx

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Nervious, excited and scared. It went well though and I did it in the daytime.
    Once it was over it felt so amazing though and I knew I could do it again. Don't do it often but it's a blast

I felt much the same as many have stated. I like the way Leigh put it. The best thing for you to do is own it!!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

I felt great. My only tip: Just be yourself and enjoy!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Full of butterflies, but also fantastic, that i did it. At night from a motel, went to a grocery store, walked around my car some, then went to two gas stations, then drove back to the motel, but a bunch of young people were in the next room, and outside, and saw my lipstick, i am sure, asked me something, and talked for a minute. Then into the safety of my room. In Aberdeen Wash, small old city near the coast.2005 The next night, cop pulled me over dressed!

Can't wait to hear how it goes! Planning to do the same later in the month.

Platinum Member
    Very nervous, but determined.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt