Thread: OMG! "And so kingdom was lost because of a breast nipple!"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Unhappy OMG! "And so kingdom was lost because of a breast nipple!"

Nothing better illustrates the differences between the puritanical USA and the rest of the "civilized world" than my experience. After spending nearly an hour prepping for the Inside Edition camera crew waiting to interview me in my home yesterday, I came downstairs. They all looked at Sherry with big smiles. Followed by bigger frowns.
    U could see the shape of my prosthesis nipples thru my cotton/lycra dress. They suggested bandages or duct tape. I tried both. Still there were bumps in my nipple areas. Even tho they may have been from the band aids or tape creases.

Back upstairs for a complete change of outfits. This time, I came down wearing a thick bra holding silicone breast forms with small, flat nipples. The dress was heavy wool, too. No visible bumps. One hour wasted because of nipple bumps! Not to mention my best outfit!

Let me add, I've appeared on 2 UK TV shows and one in Australia. All via remote broadcasts from SoCal. Never once has anyone in the studios or on camera mentioned my nipple bumps from that same prosthesis!

Violence, blood, and gore r fine here! But, a nipple causes panic in the streets? Talk about your, "moral values"!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sorry, no nipples on TV! They have to draw the line somewhere.

Yes, showing nipples on TV might distract from all the shootings, stabbings, bombs and dead bodies. We can't have that!

Think of the children, for heaven's sake!

Gold Member
    O' The burden's we bear; What if you where presenting as a Boy, would nipple bumps be OK????
    Rader

Hmm, The air is pretty nipply here in PA today too.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Whats wrong with breast nipples? doesn't everyone have them?

Rhanda

Al I can say is let the nipple show everyone else does.

Silver Member
    You could try putting some cotton pads inside the bra to lessen the nipple protrusion.

Incidentally, they had a daytime talk show called "Trisha" who had on another female masker (you can see it on youtube) and the degree they censored the breasts was almost laughable. Ironically, the same show did an episode about a 16 year old pimp and her underage prostitutes... so fake breasts are obscene, but THAT is not? You have to be kidding me...

Wow Doc, I''m reading the OP and my wife is watching Inside Edition. The intro catches my ear, then my eye, and I watched the piece. Good timing. Hot babe.

There is a fine tradition in the US media of discrimination against inanimate objects.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I'm sure the UK would love to give your nipples (and the rest of Sherry) a warm welcome anytime you wanted to return...

You could certainly give them an airing down in the Med... and it'd be warmer too...

But you don't allow topless sunbathing for GGs in public either in the USA do you...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne S View Post
    Yes, showing nipples on TV might distract from all the shootings, stabbings, bombs and dead bodies. We can't have that!

Think of the children, for heaven's sake!
    Yea think of the children...while they are shooting at them in their class room!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I personally like visible nipples.

FYI I found the show "My Strange Addiction" with "Men in Masks" is showing on TLC tonight (7 Jan 15) at 10 PM eastern US time. I'm recording it.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Puritan schmuritan. It's on a broadcast channel so they have the stodgy old FCC to worry about. Meanwhile over on Game Of Thrones, one of the most popular and talked about shows currently running, we have Hodor's giant tree trunk rising out of the forest of boobs.
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 01-07-2015 at 07:52 PM.

You're right Sherry, I guess blood, gore, and scattered body parts are acceptable. Even three inches of cleavage and skimpy bodices are ok for viewing, but show the outline of a protruding nipple under thin fabric, and the TV censors call out the national guard.

TALK ABOUT MORAL STANDARDS!
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Sorry, no nipples on TV! They have to draw the line somewhere.
    These weren't naked nipples, Jorja. They were under my top and just showed as small bumps!

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    O' The burden's we bear; What if you where presenting as a Boy, would nipple bumps be OK????
    Rader
    An excellent question, Rader. Since my only on camera experiences were as Sherry, I have no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Wow Doc, I''m reading the OP and my wife is watching Inside Edition. The intro catches my ear, then my eye, and I watched the piece. Good timing. Hot babe.
    Ewwww! Did u really think so? OR, r u just being nice, Nicole? That must be the homeliest mask I own!

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    I'm sure the UK would love to give your nipples (and the rest of Sherry) a warm welcome anytime you wanted to return...

You could certainly give them an airing down in the Med... and it'd be warmer too...

But you don't allow topless sunbathing for GGs in public either in the USA do you...?

Katey x
    Actually, there used to be a number of isolated beaches in Cal. where women could safely go topless, Katey. Some, nude even. That was all before JJ. Janet Jackson, tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick View Post
    I personally like visible nipples.

FYI I found the show "My Strange Addiction" with "Men in Masks" is showing on TLC tonight (7 Jan 15) at 10 PM eastern US time. I'm recording it.
    I haven't seen it yet, Kim. It won't be on for 2 lmore hours here on the West Coast!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Nothing to add. I'm sometimes still astonished at the prudery of the keepers of morality in the US.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

About thirty years ago, when US films first started having "ratings" dependent on content, my then wife commented about the difference between a PG-13 and a R-rated film. "It's perfectly okay for a thirteen-year-old to see a breast cut off with a chain saw, but to see one lovingly fondled, the child has to be over eighteen. What is WRONG with people?"
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Never could figure out what's the big deal about nipples.A childs first interaction in their lives as babies is with a nipple of some sort.Never could understand why they,by law,have to be hidden.

Hi - I just finished watching the TLC broadcast - Sherry, you did a fine job and certainly came across as a responsible, likeable person enjoying meeting the world on your own terms! Hugs - Diane

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Did u really think so? OR, r u just being nice, Nicole? That must be the homeliest mask I own!
    Your look is more than your mask. Besides, blondes always get my attention. And why did you wear your homeliest mask for the show?

I don't know, Nicole! I was singularly unprepared for this. I just couldn't settle on an outfit, mask, or what to say.

Too much going on after being sick for 3 weeks maybe? This "15 minutes of fame" stuff isn't important to me. Shooting Sherry's X rated fantasy Xmas scenes that I couldn't do before now is!

Sherry,
    It's those inhabitants of the bible belt that we are looking out for,
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I tried to stay awake for the 10:00 p.m. showing on TLC last night but couldn't do so, way past my bedtime. Any idea when it'll air again?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)