Thread: hormones and a piece of mind

hormones and a peace of mind

my TG therapist suggested that I consider taking a low dose of hormones because she believes it would bring me a little peace of mind. I don't really think that changing my body is necessary. I would only consider taking them if it would help me mentally.

Have any of you girls been in a similar situation?

did you have breast development? Did you feel better mentally and what happened to you body even on a low dose?

thanks

TGirl74
    Last edited by Tgirl74; 01-31-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Still Learning

Minimal

Hi TGirl:

The hormones I am taking help tremendously with the prostate enlargement. I am now able to not retain urine.

However, some breast tingling has taken place as well as some breast enlargement.
    I also, noticed I do not have to shave my body as often.

Feeling ?? I feel great. My head hair loss has slowed down a great deal.

Me
    [size=4]*Marlene*[/size]

It is better to be "immortal" than "mortal"

It depends on the hormone.

When I got an injection of both estrogen & progeterone, I would be very calm and soft for several days.

Lost the url to the following on Provera:
    Provera has a well-documented reputation for aggravating and/or causing depression, all too often to suicidal levels.

It also has the effect of causing wild mood swings, from giddy highs to suicidal lows, with unpredictable emotional outbursts. Some doctors insist that these mood swings are natural for TS people to experience while on HRT, but it is not so. They are often the reactions to the influence of Provera.

Smile hormones !

I have been on Hormones for about 1/12 yrs .. my breast are a small B cup ..
    Skin is very smooth and soft ..hips are bigger and rearend too.
    I am very moodly at times and cry at the drop of a hat .
    Down side is that my stomach is huge and i am trying to work at that. I gain about 30 lbs too! you will bruised very easy .
    My doctor told me to remember that hormones in mto f will give you things ,but will NOT take a way things from you .So your hair will not come back ,your voice will not change ,your features will not change ,but it will get softer. hugs,Wendi

peace of mind
    Avoid Provera (progesterone).
    Note that crying is part of the mensural cycle in women
    Estogen-progesterone cycling causes the bitchy-depressed-PMS folliowed by crying.

Talk to your Dr. about estriol, the pregnancy estrogen.
    I've read a DIY comment that it triggered "nesting" behavior.

I have NEVER taken estriol, so I suggest you google it.

There is one research paper that compared the pill to the vaginal suppository.
    The suppository does NOT have several negative side effects that the pill has.
    It also comes in a cream.

Estriol is a weak estrogen.
    Estradiol is a strong estrogen that is broken down by the body to estrone.

Estrone, the predonimnat estrogen is also weak.

Please google all terms - estrogen estradiol estrone estriol
    Last edited by Gilded Graper; 01-31-2006 at 09:26 AM.

I'm a little surprised that your therapist would suggest hormones unless you had somehow indicated that you thought of yourself as a woman or she is proposing something to observe your response. Anyhow, if you're not compelled by your feelings to do it, don't!

Marlene
    What Hormons Are You Using.
    I Was Using Hormons And Found It Did Weard Things To Me
    Now I Have Wonderful Breasts And I Dint Have To Shave To Much
    So They Do Work Just Have To Find The Right Ones.that Work For You
    Love Jena
    hello all you wonderful ladys
    Im new at this im looking for some help to walk me throught this sight and the how to

I was on a typical bonedensityloss preventing prescription 0.625mg/day for about three months. I was much calmer, it seemed to me. I had some breast development, which I haven't lost. I did, however, lose the ability to have erections and experienced some loss of size down there generally. So one can lose things as well as get them.

Quote Originally Posted by jenafal123
    Marlene
    What Hormons Are You Using.
    I Was Using Hormons And Found It Did Weard Things To Me
    Now I Have Wonderful Breasts And I Dint Have To Shave To Much
    So They Do Work Just Have To Find The Right Ones.that Work For You
    Love Jena
    WOW, I've just checked out your profile picture....... so you're saying, hormones gave you breasts like that, your adams apple seems to have done a running jump and you have a body of a woman..... right..... and you know what...... let me introduce myself, I'm the 'Queen of Sheba'.

The only person you are fooling is yourself, you're not fooling us, we have seen it all before.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG
    WOW, I've just checked out your profile picture....... so you're saying, hormones gave you breasts like that, your adams apple seems to have done a running jump and you have a body of a woman..... right..... and you know what...... let me introduce myself, I'm the 'Queen of Sheba'.

The only person you are fooling is yourself, you're not fooling us, we have seen it all before.

Well said Tamara.

Rachel

WOW, I've just checked out your profile picture....... so you're saying, hormones gave you breasts like that, your adams apple seems to have done a running jump and you have a body of a woman..
    You must have been on hormones for a long time (say like pre-puberty).Don't get me wrong you look great.

If I knew for sure that I would look that good, (without surgery) I would start full transition today.
    I hope to be :be: at ya soon.

Of course you are on the money Tamara but still nice to look at for some of us.

Personally, I could care less one way or the other. I've worked with too many "bitchy and catty" models to let looks influence me anymore. Either the personality (genuine) is there or not. If you are a pleasant person I have time for you otherwise it is just get the damned job done and go home; you've been paid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

You rock, Tamara...
    Couldn't have said it better myself...

The Cure for Yellow Fever miyako's Avatar
    I kinda felt there was something wrong with that whole picture and what they said in this forum. But I didn't say anything. Guess I didn't have too. =). I haven't taken any hormones. I just shave/wax a lot. Lol. I mean hell, I'd love some boobies, but I don't think my wife will like me having them. =P Go figure. I just know myself. I get extreme. I'd say I'd want something small like B's but I'd probably go C/D. I know myself to well. But anywho. Well spoken Tamara GG.

Miyako Myoung.

FunHi Profile

Net Model Page

iModel Page

Model Place Page