Thread: Another Haircut While Dressed

Another Haircut While Dressed

Once again, I got dressed during my workday lunch and went to a salon for a hair cut. First, I went to a Chinese restaurant where I have eaten pretty once before. It is a bit unnerving not being able to see into a restaurant before I enter it. I try to have my pretty lunches early to avoid crowds. The restaurant was almost empty. I felt rather confident because I was wearing a new outfit that I like. I was wearing a red top, a black and beige striped maxi skirt (my first), a black long outer shell/sweater that hangs quite long on me, cute black flats, and nude pantyhose. (As usual, I was presenting male.) As I said, this is the longest skirt I have ever owned. For some reason, I feel more relaxed in it. Maybe it is just less dress/formal than some of my outfits. There was nothing notable about the experience at the restaurant other than how good the food was.

After eating, I walked down the strip of stores and stopped in at a couple clothing stores for very few minutes. None of the workers in the stores engaged me beyond saying hello.

Next, I went to the salon that I have gone to twice for my haircut. I do not call ahead, but normally it is not a problem. This time, they were busy. There were women getting their hair dyed, etc. sitting around chatting while the hairdressers were helping others. My hairdresser/barber saw me and called out my name and said that she is with someone but could help me in fifteen minutes. It was very nice to have someone claim me after I just walked into a room full of strangers dressed like that. Another employee offered me a place in the empty waiting area. I went in and sat down. No one seemed to pay me any more attention. I was just sitting there, pretty, with my legs crossed, flipping through local magazines, listening to the ladies talking at the pretty store.

Eventually, my hairdresser seated me and cut my hair remarkably fast. Then she washed my hair and I was done. They charged me more this time than previously. I think I would prefer that she remember my price over my name when it came down to it!! I paid and tipped her. I thought about saying something about the price. But, I chose not to. This pushed me toward a choice… I am paying over twice what I pay for an equivalent hair cut at my usual, guy barber shop. Is this salon experience worth the extra expense to me? This sure sounds like my traditional reasoning is starting to invade my crossdressing life. Maybe I am maturing into normal, finally!

After this, I changed and went back to work. It was rather tough having to change. I just wanted to keep it on and go on about my day. Of course, I would not do that, but, I was just too happy in my clothes.

Sounds like a good lunch and your outfit sounds great getting your haircut at a salon will always cost more at a ladies salon will always cost more but I would say it was worth it to be sitting there dressed up.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Joanne

For me a trip to the salon is akin to a day of therapy. Rose has become a close confidant, not that we socialize outside of getting my hair done, but she was the first to meet jennifer and probably knows more about me than many. A boy hair cut is a wham bang 15$ done. I haven't had one of those for quite some time. It's been replaced with a magical visit that is usually beyond an hour with good open discussion. My next visit will be Tuesday afternoon. I'm getting my hair colored something she's been encouraging me to do (banish the salt and pepper gray). I'm both nervous and excited but I've put my trust in her. So to your question is it worth it? I'd say absolutely but you have to find that one person. She shed a tear when I dropped by the salon before Christmas with a bottle of wine for her.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

I have been going to an "upscale" salon since about 1980. Boy's cut is $35.00. Men's and women's start at $50.00. I installed their sound system when he first opened, so he always charges me for a boy's cut, unless I get color work done. We have a little dance that we do. because my hair is long, I always offer to pay fopr a women's cut, and he always says, "Oh no, I insist you only pay for a boy's cut."

Since he owns the salon, I do not tip him, but I always give a very generous tip to the person who washes my hair. (In that shop, the cutters and washers pool the tips, and split them equally at the end of the day. The manicurists split their tips among themselves, as do the waxers.)
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Well get use to paying more for a womans cut. Man pay around 10 to15 here woman 15 to 20 and style even more going tomorrow

I know a GG who goes to a barber because it is cheaper.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have been going to hair salon over ten years. When I first started going there my hairdresser was so great. She lived a few blocks away from me and she used to do my makeup when I went to fancy events. We went out to lunch together and I would change at her house. She moved upstate. After she left the owner did my hair. I go there in both modes. She is my age and we have great conversations. She is very reasonable and when she isn't there any of the other stylists do my hair. The customers who read me just smile. I love going there.

I never had my hair washed at the barber shop. My stylist always washes my hair in the salon. I get a short bob same as many women so I am happy to pay the going rate.