Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the word gurl

the word gurl

hi girls, i never use that word ,it sounds like some kind of mutation to me,i myself think, act , and smell like a girl therefor i am a plain old fashiond girl. same as any other girl and not a gurl . love hugs lynda

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never liked that spelling either.

We are girls not gurls, simple as that!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    News flash.....unless you had surgery.....your a dude.....I used the word gurl in my blog and spell it like that for pure fun, like most things in hip hop culture and most young people do, they spell things wrong on purpose. ( h8r , wknd , skillz ...are words that come to mind).....whats funny is the amount of cd's complain about it ...my reply always is what letter offends you? is it the U or the Z cause I spell girls..... gurlz .....energy could be focused on much more pressing issues.

I use either; girl or gyrl in my responses depending upon what I'm writing about. I always use girl when describing a GG. I use either girl or gyrl for all others. I especially use gyrl when I describing both a GG and a CD/TS in the same response.

I agree with Adriana, this ain't a big deal.

I use gurl so people realize i am not a gg

I didn't see any CDs in Katy Perry's video - California Gurls. To each their own. No big deal.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Labels are not important to me - a person should feel free to use any label he or she wishes (I try to honor their wishes when describing them)

OK just as a point the women here are no longer "girls" They are women. And when you speak aloud how does anyone know you are saying "Gurls". I dislike that word immensely. Even when I address my TG friends they are ladies not Gurls
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    I do t like the term, girl. Occasionally I'll mislabel myself as a TG girl, but as Lori says, I'm way past that age. Except for those careless moments, I very consciously refer to myself as a TG woman.

Now, as a person of a certain age, I have no problem with selective misspellings, like the Beatles or the Byrds...but that's artistic license.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Adriana Moretti that is pretty rude to just throw cold water with that word "dude" in someone's parade. I feel like a girl act like a girl smell like a girl so in my mind I am a girl even if my panties have a bulge , must be the brand of generic panties who knows. But you shouldn't just throw everyone cold water cause your not feeling it. Sorry Dude...

The word gurl doesn't really bother me at all as it distinguishes me from ggs. Keep in mind that words are merely symbols used to express something which is much more complex.

Dani

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    News flash.....unless you had surgery.....your a dude.
    You don't need to have surgery to identify yourself as Female though. I still have all my faculties intact yet my friends and family refer to me as a Woman (or girl in this case).

On topic, I've never really had a problem with the word Gurl. However I don't use it like ever
    www.transpottingtalk.blogspot.co.uk < My lovely blog all about Trans issues and stuff
    Follow me on Twitter @Charlottewbuzz

do you think i need you to tell me im a dude,you have no idea the torture of my outside appernce,years of not really knowing, but finaly accepting myself for the women that i am inside.sorry for venting but that remark really pissed me off .lynda

Quote Originally Posted by trishacd View Post
    I use gurl so people realize i am not a gg
    It's the same with me.
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-09-2015 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Fixed quote box
    Dana Fleming

I, personally, would never address ANY group with ANY gender identification.

Hi "All", "Gang", "Folks" "etc" have all worked for me, whether in public speaking or on the internet.

Personally, I refer to myself as a "Dudette", but my gender issues are minimum.

I don't take offence at anyone else's preferences...I haven't walked a mile in their heels, nor have I necessarily walked the same path...

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

News flash.....unless you had surgery.....your a dude.....I used the word gurl in my blog and spell it like that for pure fun
    Sorry, but a TS woman is a woman regardless of whether nor not she had surgery.

I don't like words like gurl, Tgirl, she-male, shim. Those are all transphobic words. We are either born in the wrong body (like me) or need to express a female identity or feminine side to us occasionally. To me, we are women or ladies. Girls is okay too, although some women will take offense to it and prefer to be called women.

And should a TS woman who can't afford surgery be sentenced to being a dude for the rest of her life because she was unlucky enough to afford it or to live in a place where the government insurance might pay for it (such as Canada or some European countries)?
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

I use Gurl frequently, it's a form of shorthand for Male-to-Female Transgendered Person, who wants to keep typing that all the time? Similarly, I use G -girl when I'm writing on alternative forums and websites because it's easier to do that than keep on typing in Genetic Female. If it bothers you, spend a bit of time listening to the famous George Carlin routine where he says the Eff word about a hundred times in a row with different inflections. It's just a word, and if it bothers somebody the trouble is in their head, not in it. Just sayin'.

so.....if i feel like a dog, and act like a dog ( put on a collar, and lift my leg to pee) am I a dog? Or am I a DUDE who thinks he is a dog ??

This sums it up...and its funny too skip to 1.10 .....
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-09-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

if the gurl looks like a jerk, acts like jerk ,she/he is a jerk

no.....then she is a female dog haha....... its all in good fun.......never take me too seriously....sorry if you got offended....
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 01-09-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Wow Adriana Moretti you are not taking me to your uneducated bitchy level you have fun being a dog all you want. I really don't think your here to support anyone but your own agenda whatever that may be. You have no respect for others.

now natasha is being a cat.....I love it.....i just poked holes in the theory to make people think.......

hi girls,im not offendid ,i have been the butt of jokes all my life, for some reason iwas thinking it be deffrent on this forum. but what can i say hugs love lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha V View Post
    Adriana Moretti that is pretty rude to just throw cold water with that word "dude" in someone's parade.
    I don't see anything rude about it. It may have been a rather harsh way to state the truth, but it IS the truth for the people who aren't TS

my reply always is what letter offends you? is it the U or the Z cause I spell girls..... gurlz .....energy could be focused on much more pressing issues.
    every one of them. We have a langauge that everyone should use. making up words is lazy and un-needed now that you don't get charged per letter. My pressing issue is blatant misspellings.

PS quit sniping at each other
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-09-2015 at 04:50 PM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,