Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sense of humor

Sense of humor

Some folks on here just seem to be so dead serious all the time in connection with CDing, going out and the like. Personally I see a lot of potential humor in the situations we can get into and when makeup or wardrobe malfunctions happen.In fact sometimes I think I could have my own sit-com. It happens to everyone and let's face it not too many of us are VS models, myself included.I use even the bad experiences to my advantage as an opportunity to learn. The point is instead of getting upset or mad when things don't work out I usually see the humor in it and at least smile if not outright laugh. Besides, if we can't laugh at ourselves once in awhile, who can we laugh at?What do you all think?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think you are right Kate. My thoughts are if it is not fun why do it.

Hi Kate!

You mean like the time I was leaving a very classy place and my skirt fell down around my ankles? Fortunately, I was wearing a very nice black slip so it wasn't totally noticable. But one woman saw what happened very clearly and looked aghast. As I pulled up my skirt I looked at her, placed my finger to my lips, made a "Shhhhh" sound, smiled, and walked out like nothing had happened. Wardrobe malfunction!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

My humour style trends to be satirical, dark, and dry. It often does not translate to forum posts. I have had people take what I said too seriously and it has caused problems in the past. Perhaps others have a similar reason for avoiding humor in their posts.

Dani

Had a wardrobe Malfunction out this Wednesday out in Manchester UK
    bargain tights waistband separated from the rest whilst out, had a mad dash to Tescos for replacements. Ended up with nicer pair than I had then carried on with my trip out
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

Like Persephone I've had a skirt go south on me when out and about, or gone out when the wind's so strong it tried to take my wig off (luckily I had a scarf to tie it down with as walking around with a hand on top of your head will attract looks) and sod's law says there will always be someone to witness it and try to post the pic on Facebook.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    Two essentials for a transgendered girl like me needs most are a thick skin and a sense of humor.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A sense of humor is important for everything. Don't take yourself to seriously it riuns all the fun. Us CDers need to loosen up and laugh at ourselves. Lets face it we are trying to have a good time so lets smile and laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    If you need cheering up try TinaZ's ukelele videos. My faves are TG Week and her wonderful rendition of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, on YouTube. She's adorable, and her sense of humour rocks.

Me- I prefer to be very serious at all times; this is a serious spiritual path we're on. Seriously. We should be more serious, not less.

Seriously,

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Had a short conversation on this topic with another CD about a month ago. Of course, there are serious issues that we encounter in the TG world that need to be discussed from time to time. But there's so much fun we can have the rest of the time. I learned that I had to be able to laugh at myself long ago (being in the entertainment field). I think as CDs we entertain people just being out en femme. So I agree. Lighten up a little.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    Seriously. We should be more serious, not less.
    There is a time to be serious, and there is a time for humor. Sounds like a good topic for a song: To every thing turn turn turn....whoops, already been done.
    Laughter, humor, comic relief....it's good for us. Seriously.
    By the way, good comedians take humor very seriously. Not an oxymoron.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Kate you could not be more right, there really is so much humor in this aspect of our lives as crossdressers, yes we have serious moments in some of our relationships but yes this is suppose to be fun.

With over 12,000 "view" since September;

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...rossdresser-if

I'd say we're pretty well able to share a laugh or two:-)

Or, to quote Mick Jagger: F**k 'em if they can't take a joke...But I think most of us can, it's the minority who loses perspective.

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

kate ill be waiting for the sit-com, the writers would have a field day with the concept im sure, if "will and grace" can make it to syndication this venue should rock, look what has been done in cartoons for years....and most times tastefully.....
    Last edited by mykell; 01-09-2015 at 03:07 PM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I've had the skirt go south also and I've been made even when I thought I've looked good. Either way, gotta have a sense of humor, a thick skin and keep on going.
    Mishaps happen.

I'm waiting for an episode of "World's Dumbest CDer's" What that gang would have to say would be hilarious, especially Brad. I met him at the club a few years back when I was Ericka when he was performing there.

Banned Read only
    If you have read any of my posts, you will know that I do have a sense of humor about dressing and Transness in general. Sometimes one can't help but laugh at some of the situations we find ourselves in. If you can't laugh at yourself it's going to be a long boring ride to the grave.

I look at myself in the mirror sometimes and find it laughable.
    Then I think....... Back tothe drawing board.
    We get ourselves into some awkward situations and yes it is indeed laughable.
    Placing yourself in danger or hazardous situations is just plain stupidity.
    Only New Yorkers take life seriously, those on the West Coast are more laid back and see humour in any awkward situation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Fun and a sense of humor are crucial to life. At least, that is my belief!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I make fun of myself all the time.......you HAVE to have a sense of humor about things....it also keeps it fun

I like to crack jokes, and I joke around about everything except crossdressing. If crossdressing were accepted as a normal part of life, I would joke about it. But all too often people think that laughing and poking fun at crossdressers is ok. It's not ok. And I'm not going to suggest that it is ok by making jokes about it myself.

That doesn't mean I can't see the humor in it, or in the "little things that go wrong." Quite the contrary. But the overall message I want to send to others is that I'm serious about this, and I expect it to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    There is a time to be serious, and there is a time for humor. Sounds like a good topic for a song: To every thing turn turn turn....whoops, already been done.
    Laughter, humor, comic relief....it's good for us. Seriously.
    By the way, good comedians take humor very seriously. Not an oxymoron.
    Nicole dear - I'm with you on this one... there is a smiling fortune teller to be struck... or a happy medium, if you prefer. (Best never to CD as a wandering Romany woman then... )

I often see the funny side of what we do... I haven't experienced any great faux pas while out, but I've had a few at private moments (and private they will stay).

But Kate, you clearly have been fortunate enough to find a balance, and have the environment and personal circumstances to do it - not everyone is as fortunate as you, and others, in that regard. We do see some quite serious issues being discussed here, and even though I trust that I will never have to confront them myself, I can really feel for the folk that have to find a way to cope with serious GID and all the relationship issues that creates.

My opinion on the whole is that life is one, big cosmic joke... goodness knows what part we're meant to play in it though... always look on the bright side of life... [Exits - whistling]

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Agreed. We all need a good laugh from time to time....(as opposed to all those bad ones we normally have?)

Sometimes take it in the shorts.. or is that skirts, and try to be a good sport.

Just to clarify, I take friendships very seriously, especially TG friendships as I know we deal with unique issues. When it comes to myself, however, I like to have fun with it as my issues are settled as Katey pointed out. When we get to know others we realize these things. Enjoy being yourselves my friends.