Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sense of humor

i have a fantastic sense of humor and love to laugh.
    i laugh at myself all of the time... but then again i have sooooo much to work with!
    i don't think i ever say anthing serious, seriously!!
    paula

I'm in agreement with everyone above. A sense of humor is a very good thing to have. The thing is humor doesn't always come across in a medium like this. I've been told I have a very dry sense of humor, as dry as the Atacama Desert. I do see people being serious here (sometimes too serious about some of the silliest things), but also quite a bit of humor, too.

I earned six strands of beads at Mardi Gras and than gave them to my mother. I thought it was really funny "considering"

She on the other hand did not.

P.S Lots of alcohol was involved at the time and I don't usually drink.
    Last edited by KellyJameson; 01-09-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    The Psychology of Conformity
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARGczzoPASo

Mars brain, Venus brain: John Gray at TEDxBend
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuM7ZS7nodk

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    . always look on the bright side of life... [Exits - whistling]

Katey x
    Comedic Genius!

I have been fortunate enough not to have a skirt declare it's independence and dive for the floor however a poor choice in stay-ups that ultimately didn't sent me scurrying for the corners of the grocery store to try and as tastefully as possible right them enough to get out of the store. Less comical for me perhaps but to any observers....

If I manage to lose my sense of humor they truly have won.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

If we can't see the humor in this part of our lives then something is really wrong. Jaymee
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I agree totally that we need to have a sense of humor about not just dressing, but about life in general. I believe that it is just too short to not look for the humor in a situation.

It is going to be a long struggle for us to get most of society to truly accept us "as is" and as such we do need to be cautious to not make ourselves out to be a joke.
    We also need to be careful to not take ourselves too seriously lest be be seen as a militant fringe group.

As it pertains to this forum, I would caution that your posts, even with liberal dosages of emoticons, have no real context and things like sarcasm and hyperbole can and will be interpreted as serious comments and, as a couple of mine have done, can turn into real flame wars that will catch the ire of our wonderful moderators...
    Last edited by ShelbyDawn; 01-09-2015 at 11:15 PM. Reason: grammar police... :)
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I just love "Cyanide & Happiness"!

10888725_10152975801429802_1826415861450670702_n.jpg

Yeap! We definitely need to laugh at ourselves once in a while. Not everything must be that bad anyway!
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

A friend and I were talking one day about my losing my house, and I laughed. He asked me how I could laugh at a thing like that, and I said, "You have to be able to laugh at yourself. Otherwise, you'll go nuts."
    "Too late," was his reply.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

jimmy buffet sang we are all crazy but it keeps us from going insane. you know you just have to laugh at yourself. like one time im out dressed in this wrap skirt , you know feeling cool it was one of the maxi skirts well im walkink my heel catches the skirt and off it comes im scarmbeling trying to wrap it back up in my undies.wtf you have to laugh . hugs lynda

I to in the past have had humours things happen, my daughter wearing my dress to a party, leaving items out etc. etc. But when reading the post one can't help but notice the different emotions. There's good stories and there's bad, just like everyday life, there's good and bad. I always try to see the positive in things, and maybe your right maybe we should light in up a little .

Platinum Member

Been There And Done That !

Hi Kate, Sometimes just looking in the mirror will give you a good laugh.

Been there and done that.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

Very sound advice . . . if you can't laugh at yourself then you cannot have fun just being. I like the idea about learning from your mistakes.

This past summer I was wearing a very light(material wise) summer skirt, a top and sandals. I was taking the bus around the city and heading to lunch date with GG friends. Upon exiting the building I saw my bus barrelling down the street to the stop on the corner and if I missed it, I would have to wait another 20 minutes for the next one. So, I did what I would normally do . . . RUN! Now, I had never run in skirt before let alone a light material skirt on a windy day . . . don't jump ahead . There is something about prevailing winds, my running gait and of course a crowed bus stop which the fickle gods of fate could not ignore. Let's just say that the people at the bus stop know more about my choice of undies that day than I wished they did. I still got on the bus though.

Lesson learned . . . always run with one hand holding the hem of your skirt down

Hugs

Isha
    Last edited by Marcelle; 01-10-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Let's face it, we ARE pretty funny! And we have to take it in stride. (Our prettiest femme strides, of course. ) I'd love to hear more OOPS! stories. Here's one I've related before. AnneMarie is a GG friend who helps us with landscaping, but didn't know about Claire. So we are out digging and planting. I'm in drab, but with my forms in and a loose shirt not tucked in. I'm, bending over doing something and guess what plops out (I'm wearing a loose fitting bra, tsk tsk) ... She is working next to me, looks down and ... err .. I say something like "Guess I'd better put my boob back in." She: "Yes, I think you should..." (Don't you just love it when people are cool like that!)

So the next couple of times she checks out my chest, even though the girls aren't in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Banned Read only
    Kate ,
    I'd miss the forum for some of the funny stories people tell of their CDing experiences !
    When I look back to the doom and gloom when I first joined, I have begun to see the lighter and funnier side of CDing ! I wish I could share some of my funny moments with my wife but in doing so may reveal something of my CDing she's not aware of !

As you may remember I've had some funny reveals while walking the dog, no way you can take that seriously when you've put yourself in that situation in the first place !

Reality Check
    My attempts at humor have not done well and usually end up being deleted so that leaves me with being serious most of the time. Besides many of the posts here are serious to the poster and it's insulting to that person to make a joke of his/her post.

Life is too short & too boring not to have a Sense of humor...
    I always laugh at myself and let others laugh at me...!
    But there again everyone has different levels of whats funny & whats not...

The other Kate

Yep, a sense of humor is mandatory for me, as I'm 6'5", not too hard to find humor in my situation. Then there are the things that I've tried over the years that didn't quite go as planned. My favorite learning experience is the time I decided to lighten my eyebrows a little. I got some bleach made for facial hair, slathered it onto my eyebrows and then left it on WAY too long, ended up with very light reddish blond eyebrows.
    My name is Carol.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Besides many of the posts here are serious to the poster and it's insulting to that person to make a joke of his/her post.
    I've been cursed with a good sense of humor along with rapier wit. It's gotten me thrown off of a few panties-in-a-knot sites but, I'm not snuffing out that colorful side of my personality. I do temper my responses here to match the feeling of the thread. But, sometimes the humor in something is just glaring. Like the thread about piloting airplanes while dressed. All I could think about was a parachute and a dress blowing straight up to reveal heels, stockings and garter belt.

I don't know, that's kinda' funny. Isn't it?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I agree; "if it's not fun I'm not going".... Life is too short to take things too seriously; "just roll with it": Steve Winwood.
    At the makeup counter