Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Piloting and aircraft en femme

Piloting and aircraft en femme

One of my hobbies is flying my airplane. Do we have any other fly-girls here? Do you ever fly en femme? What you're of flying/aircraft are you involved with?

I fly sailplanes and my aerobatic biplane. I have restored aircraft and have kit built as well.

Flying en femme is on my bucket list. I'm pretty sure my boy flight suit will fit no heels though on the rudder pedals.

Dani

Aaand... this beats the "flying en femme" thread! LOL! Just kidding
    I guess I'll have to content myself with driving my car

That thread was my inspiration

We can always combine the two concepts and I can offer airplane rides to the girls here while I am dressed.

Dani

That'd be such a cool idea!

Platinum Member
    I have always dreamed of getting my pilots license, but keep putting it off. I wonder if I could get my pilot training en femme...combining two interests.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aerotgirl, when I was younger I flew often in privately owned planes, with other pilots. We landed in large and small airports. One thing I noticed that I think might be of help to you. Many people have a private airstrip and if you housed your plane at a private strip you could go and land dressed any way you like. Hope you have a friend with such a strip you might use.

"If a woman wants to fly, first of all she must, of course, abandon skirts and Don a knickerbocker uniform."
    -Harriet Quimby, first lady in the U.S. to receive a pilot's license, 1911

Never would I give up my skirts. I'll just keep them short enough that I can easily wear them underneath my flight suit

Dani
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-11-2015 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

HI Luvs: I have a private pilots license and an amateur broadcast license both of which I have enjoyed wearing a bra, panties and slip under my clothes , but sans heels , eye makeup , and skirts .

I have a pilot's license and fly all the time as a woman. Oh, I'm a GG.

Piloted C130, and had to wear flight overalls.
    Piper aircraft was just for some aerobatic fun, glad I didn't have fake boobs or wig on those days.
    727 simulator flights was me showing off to wife, so no chance there.

Jumped out of a few, but again had to have the schools jump overalls on and god knows where my wig would have landed.

I've never done a biplane, wife says put it on my 50th birthday list
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes fly enfem all the time, on the computer that is lol. I took flying lessons long ago but never did get my license
    Had some great fun learning though. Once even got to sit in the right seat of a cargo DC3 from Dallas to El Paso while the co pilot took a break , he even signed my logbook for the time and all I did was sit there wow what fun.
    So I just enjoy the flight sim fun but that's life
    I do work around planes too have now for 30 years

I have a private SEL ticket, but haven't used it in years. Boring holes in the sky just got to be too expensive.

Thinking about it, unless someone comes along for the ride, flying makes me just about as isolated from other people as it is possible to get. Light airplanes don't commonly have mirrors, so who is going to appreciate my femme presentation?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    I have my private pilot license and rotary wing license. What can I say, I am a helicopter nut.

Well that is quite the response! Thanks everyone How about we plan a fly-in :-) Or join up with the Ninety Nines.

Dani

Quote Originally Posted by Aerotgirl View Post
    How about we plan a fly-in :-)
    We'd be the classiest group at Oshkosh or Sun-n-fun!

It's interesting to look at all the "affinity groups" that form in aviation. Doctor pilots, amateur radio pilots, women pilots, wheelchair pilots, etc. Why not TG pilots?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have a commercial license and have often thought of flying en femme. I don't own a plane, so I have to rent from one of the FBO's near me. I don't know how it would go over if I were to show up as Jill. If I ever buy my own, I would happily fly dressed.
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I love flying! The smaller the plane...the bigger my smile! I have been able to "take the wheel" a few times (nope...never in a skirt!), but never got any training. My favorite was a small, 3 passenger float plane on Roatan. It had 2 Bombardier engines (about the size of a snowmobile engine), open cockpit, and an ultralight frame. It was pretty much like a canoe with wings. I flew in it 3 times...before it crashed into the Caribbean! It was a big story; even made the Today show. He hit a mean downdraft on takeoff and couldn't recover.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I have a sel and mel ticket although most of my time has been in single engine aircraft. I have flown 152,172,177,206 and 310s and thats just cessnas,also time in pipers and 201 mooneys. I was thinking a couple months ago how costly crossdressing is and then i thought how costly flying is lol no comparison. I have flown dressed and yes heels are definately out of the question.

I would often fly my Cherokee while under dressed. And several times while fully enfemme. Some of those flights were at night, and I learned the exciting part was the drive enfemme to the airport. Once in the plane and off the ground--no one will see how you're dressed. One day flight was to Santa Rosa and I had to return earlier than I expected. That weekend my home airport was having their dad's day fly in. All kinds of people all over the field and yikes -- standing in my tie down spot. But no one seemed to care or notice me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    That is one way to get around TSA pat downs.

Aspiring Member
    About 3,800 hours, gliders and I'm a rotorhead as well. But flying en femme - a slow roll and the skirt might fly up and I'd be IFR. OOPS!

Ineke

I too am a pilot. I have a mooney m20k. I often fly dressed.
    Headsets are rough on my hair though!!
    In my head I am a size 6.. in the mirror I see a size 14
    One day I hope mind and mirror match

What a great response on this thread. We've got all types of pilots here :-)

Any others who like to T-drag? :-D

Dani

CFII MEL, SES. Mile High but not in a skirt. Damn!!!

I think that y'all will enjoy this. Patty is my hero!

Aerobatics is one sport in which women and men compete with each other head to head.
    Last edited by Eryn; 01-09-2015 at 10:49 PM.
    Eryn