Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just so disappointed with myself!

I have been a coward too. I was only able to introduce my "secret" to my wife (at the time she was not even my gf) my means of whatsapp.....well turned out to be a soft introduction that is now to be considered the best thing I did in my entire life

Elton John said "Sorry seems to be the hardest word". I don't agree with him after this weekend. "Crossdressing" definately is though!
    At last we had the conversation that I knew was coming but that I was dreading and having started by telling my wife that there was something I had to discuss with her, there was no going back as she looked as scared as a rabbit in the headlights. But I found it so hard to actually come out and say that word, much much harder than back when I first outed to my counsellor.
    But what surprised me, or perhaps it didn't as I had no idea how she would react, was how well she took it and was more worried about me and my troubles than herself. What a woman, I don't deserve her!
    The silence after that word left my lips seemed to go on forever, followed by "ooooooooookay" after which we had a long conversation in which she asked me about, when and what I've dressed in, how long I dress for, do I make-up etc etc. No anger, no temper, just an honest and frank conversation, hand in hand as we walked.
    Answering honestly so as she knows as much as possible about me now and my suppressing past, lifted a massive weight from my shoulders, not least, as she says she's sticking with me and although she's not sure where this going, we'll get through it.
    There was even some humour when she asked what from her waardrobe I'd dressed in, I found that a bit awkward, but as I decribed the various items, she "Ah, all the stretchy stuff!" Mmmmmmm, thanks love! I think it's the first time in months I've really felt able to laugh.
    So, for what it's worth, and I'm super-new to all this crossdressing, if you have a wife, girlfriend or S.O. and you believe you need to have "the Talk", then my advice is to find the right time and place and "Just do it"
    So much has changed in my head over the last 24 hours, all for the better and I'm sure the conversation will go on in a positive and constructive way.
    Although it has sparked off a massive Pink Fog but I have to go to work now so that'll have to wait!
    Finally thanks to everyone for the good wishes and advice on this forum, it really helped me to get over this massive hurdle!

Sophie xx

Congratulations! That's a big step, and you're right, it can be a hard one to take. Very scary, when you face the possibility, however real or remote, that you could lose the love of someone you care deeply about.

It would probably be good to cool your heels a bit and fend off the pink fog. Sometimes what appears to be initial acceptance is just the calm before the storm as she processes the information. On the other hand, sometimes it really is acceptance. The best thing to do, I feel, is to keep the communication going, what it all means to you as a couple, boundaries, and all that. Now is certainly not the time to make it just about you. She is part of it one way or another. Of course, part of how she handles it is up to her, but how you handle it can make some difference, too. Take it slow and easy, listen to her, talk to her. Hopefully the communication and humor will see your relationship become stronger than ever. Best wishes to you both!

(probably wouldn't hurt to look at some of the responses from GGs around here to comings out, and in the what GGs dislike thread)

Take care, Sophie!

Congrats!

Hugs

Jessica

Congrats!! The hardest part is over. Just remember to keep communications open and honest.

Hugs,

Melody
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

I wish I had the courage you have. I've been dressing on and off since my high school days (I'm now in my early 50's) and there have been two recent occasions where I almost got caught. I was in a state of panic - what would I tell my wife? Would she throw me out? There are times where I want to toss my few girly clothing items and be done with this, but I can't bring myself to do it. It's who I am, I guess.

Banned Read only
    It doesn't matter if it's the reveal of one's cross dressing or any other issue, it's never wise to screw up a nice day or taint a nice place with potentially bad news. If she were to not take to cross dressing at all, then it is possible any future trip to your once favorite spot may be just that....Your once favorite spot!

I'm so glad it worked out for you. I think the lesson is that "the time" to have the conversation is not the time that's right for just you, it has to be the time that's right for both. It sounds like you guys are positioned for a happy future. Congrats!

Sophie: Congratulations on taking the leap. It truly was a frightening thing for me, when i told my SO. I was physically shaking when i told her, and i think she was relieved that it wasn't some earth shattering illness or infidelity that i was trying to speak with her about. She took it in stride, asked a lot of questions which i answered honestly, and is supportive of what she says is our journey together. We are at the 6 month anniversary of me telling her, and we have both come a long way, and have a long way to go. After telling her, I was also overwhelmed by the fog, having been so deep in the closet for my whole life, which made her take a step back. I think it was too much too fast for her, as I was like a child in a candy store. We have since come to a middle ground that works for both of us. We talk a lot, and honesty is always at the forefront. I wish you and your wife the best as you move forward.... Robyn..

Hi Sophie

I think you did exactly the right thing, and I hope you both enjoyed your day. As others have said, if there is a "right" time for "the talk", you'll know it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Thanks everyone for all your replies, much insightful and experienced thoughts.

Not surprisingly 24 hours later, my wife's initial acceptance developed into an understandably adverse reaction, with many tears and fears, although I think she has the right to such a reaction as I've had 3 months to get my head round all this!
    And then today she went shopping and returned home to greet me with a bag full of girly gifts for me, from make-up to a little black dress (OK not so little!)
    What a remarkable human being, now I know I really don't deserve her and that I'm seriously lucky as I sit here this evening in my new clothes, feeling calmer than I have in months, with my wife across the room, promising her love and support. I think it is still to be a roller coaster ride ahead, but it's a good start.

I have to say it was a huge moment to present myself to her (or anyone) for the first time but it feels a huge relief to have got it out of the way.

So thanks again for the advice from everyone on this forum, I'm sure I wouldn't have got to this point without you.

Sophie xx

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaela View Post
    As it turned out, it was an accident, fate ... just a plain old mistake on my part that brought it about. I accidentally dropped a pair of black laced panties on the bathroom floor and didn't notice. My wife found them,
    Better than than what happened to me with an ex - I worked/lived two hours away and could dress all I wanted there; but she hated it. I was underdressed at work that morning with the plan to take off my panties (which were under my boxers) before driving home - where we had dinner reservations. Day ran long, and I had to hightail it out of there, barely making it in time. Managed to take a very quick stop in the bathroom, but instead of being able to drop my jeans completely and ditch them, I was only able to manage to get my left leg out of them. (Stretched like crazy, but snuck it under my shoe...)

Tucked them into the waistband of my boxers and thought I had it under control. "I'll just sneak into the restroom at the restaurant and ditch them there."

And then the tuck slipped. I felt them slide down my leg and prayed that they would catch on my sock and hang out in the bottom of my pant leg.

Nope.

Needless to say, we didn't make our dinner reservations after the ensuing fight......