OMG...I just had the most amazing weekend. It started out back during the Erie Gala in November when my GF Donna and I arranged with a couple of girls from there – Tasha and Kavina – to come visit in January. Well, Kavina posted something on the Erie Sisters site and I mentioned it in a couple of places and before you knew it girls were coming from all over... Indiana, Chicago, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Canada...we even heard from one friend who came in from Philly and another from New York! It snowballed so quickly that every girl in Michigan and anywhere nearby wanted to be there.
So here is how it played out...
The real party was Saturday night but on Friday a few of the girls had come in early so a small group of us ventured out on a bitterly cold night to visit Soho, a nice friendly bar in Ferndale, an exceptionally LGBT friendly suburb right on the edge of Detroit. There was Tasha and Kavina and friend Allie from Cleveland plus Christine from Philly, and more. About eight of us altogether were there plus my amazing GG friend Renee, who joined mid evening. Later we went across the street to Comos, a lovely little Italian restaurant, and got a late night pasta snack. Got about three hours sleep that night...lol

Saturday it was up and dressed quickly as I had promised to take some of the girls shopping. Now more were beginning to roll in. My GF Staci turned up from Lansing, along with Amy from Grand Rapids and Margo from near Chicago (poor girl meant to be in Friday night but the roads were blocked and she was forced to wait). I was alternating between two dresses to wear that night - a lovely dark green sleeveless ruched number from Anthopologie or a simply “over the top” black one shoulder thing from Guess. I knew I needed a convertible bra for the latter so that was on my shopping list...that and getting my nails done...haha
By now my cell was overheating already from girls texting and calling trying to get info and coordinate things. I felt like mission control...:P
Off we went to the Westland Mall. I got my nails done with a lovely gel finish in a French Tip, while the others were browsing different stores. Caught up with them in Charming Charlies later. If you don't know about Charming Charlies, it is the most amazing store for accessories...they are all grouped by color...jewelry, purses, scarves etc...I love that store. Then off to Macy's where I found just exactly the bra I needed...Yay! And then a quick stop at Windsor dresses before heading back to the hotel. I had promised myself a quick nap before starting the night.
My phone was driving me nuts so I turned it off and managed to catch a 40 minute nap, which was perfect. Jumped up and started getting ready for the night. I figured I had 1 1/2 hours to get ready in peace before I had to be at the club. WRONG...lol
Within fifteen minutes my room was invaded by other girls wanting a place to hang out. So now I was playing hostess to about seven girls while trying to get made up and dressed AND dealing with my cell which was now positively exploding from texts and calls and emails...everyone wanting to know where to be and when....OMG...
Somehow, I made it. The rest of the girls left as I was finishing up. I got in the car and headed over to The Adams Apple, the first stop for the night. It was tough to find a place to park because the lot was fuller than I have ever seen it. Right as I was about to go in my GF Donna came out and slid into the car wanting to talk about plans for something....I should have known something was up...
We finally walked into the bar...and it was so full of girls I couldn’t believe my eyes...must have been eighty girls crammed in there...and.....they had a cake for me...it had been my birthday a couple of weeks earlier when most everyone was out of town, so they took this night to have a cake for me...I started crying...lol
Anyway, we were all at the Apple for awhile talking and drinking but everyone wanted to dance so pretty soon girls started heading down the road to GiGis, our local nightclub. And that is where we spent the rest of that night. It was awesome and the DJ was right on the money all night playing right to the crowd he had. And again.....I got about two hours sleep that night, too...lol
All day Monday I was hearing from girls who were there and said they just had the best time. Tasha, Kavina and Allie all want to come back soon. I have to admit it was an awesome weekend. We are thinking about making it an annual thing. What do you think? Think we should? Can we use our own big TG event for us Midwest girls?